PDA

View Full Version : Is it just the clothes or your over all presentation?

Olivia_laurentitis
10-31-2018, 06:24 PM
I was wondering if most CD's are happy with just wearing women's clothes or do most have the desire to try and take it further and go for an all out transformation. For example, wigs, M/u, outfits. hose, heels, jewelry, padding, etc, etc, ? I know it's not always practical to go all out, but is it the desire for most CD's is to present an overall feminine appearance or are most happy with miad mode?

DIANEF
10-31-2018, 06:34 PM
It's all or nothing for me, just putting on the clothes is only halfway there (not that there is anything wrong with being a MIAD if you are happy with it)

Eemz
10-31-2018, 06:39 PM
I think it depends, and it varies a lot between people from what I've read on this forum.

I didn't bother with wigs or makeup for most of my life, because I was never leaving the house and they were more trouble than they were worth to me... they didn't add that much to the experience. I was all about being myself, and somehow wearing a wig and makeup that nobody would ever see was not that. It felt fake somehow, if that makes sense.

That all changed in the past year because I got to a point of accepting that the world would not end if anyone found out I was a CD, even though I didn't really want them to. Then I wanted to be free and go out into the world. But some bald dude with a hairy chest wandering around in a dress was *definitely* not me (though that does work for some people). So proper presentation, wig, makeup etc suddenly became important. That's sort of ingrained now, so when I see the bald guy wandering around at home, he doesn't look like me any more. LOL you can't win with this stuff.

Samm
10-31-2018, 06:42 PM
I'm all or nothing most of the time. I prefer the "all" over "almost". Sometimes, its late and I know I'll only have and hour at best, so I'll forgo the makeup. And sometimes wig, too.

Michaelasfun
10-31-2018, 06:51 PM
I too am in the “whole enchilada” camp. Besides I’ve already seen “regular me” lol

Becky Blue
10-31-2018, 07:05 PM
What and miss out on accessorising!! not this girl

Suzi Q
10-31-2018, 07:18 PM
Olivia,

For me it's not just all or nothing, I have to go out in public and interact with people or it's not worth the effort for me!

Suzi Q

Sami Brown
10-31-2018, 07:25 PM
If it is going out, I do everything. If not going out, the presentation may be everything but frequently is a lot less. It depends on how I am feeling that day and how much time is available.

Sami

robinlane98
10-31-2018, 07:34 PM
My preference is also “all or nothing” for a total transformation. It’s a lot of work, but I enjoy the process :)

ElianaFrozenflame
10-31-2018, 08:09 PM
Still in the closet, so haven't reached "ALL" yet, but it is a work in progress. Just now starting to learn makeup. I have been doing wigs and lipstick for several years now.

Micki_Finn
10-31-2018, 08:11 PM
I’m content just throwing on a dress or skirt or whatever if I’m just sitting around the house, but if I’m going out I have to be put together.

Lea
10-31-2018, 08:32 PM
The vast majority of time I am in makeup, wig and padding. If I am dressed several days in a row I will take the wig off for a few hours.

The only exception is I have painted rooms in my house, put a floor in, major cleaning days or have done other projects and I will only have foundation on and no jewelry. I have a work outfit which is just leggings and a tee shirt.

alwayshave
10-31-2018, 09:02 PM
While I do under dress during the day, when I dress, I dress all the way.

ToniG
10-31-2018, 09:19 PM
Oftimes underdress--but for mall trips & such its Full-Femme! Now for my trip today-passed on wearing my cincher- but had everything else on. Personally wd not do the miad thing- as I consider that to be a "road flare" that "gets stares". Can understand that many have various preferences numerous as beach sand. Dress how you like. Toni G..

Jaymees22
10-31-2018, 10:32 PM
I prefer to dress head to toe, but that's not always possible, so sometimes I do a little less. I'll also underdress if the mood strikes but it doesn't strike too often.

Kalisopwith
10-31-2018, 10:41 PM
Bottom to top, inside to out all girly.

Kimber
10-31-2018, 11:17 PM
Often like to wear at least a skirt and a top at home, but always keep my self smooth and a cheeky set of painted toenails on my person at all times.

Kimber..x

Tracy Irving
10-31-2018, 11:23 PM
Don't know why it can't be both.

Wiccle
11-01-2018, 02:48 AM
If you're going to do it do it all. Hair & shoes are really important. Just be neat & yourself & blend in.

Beverley Sims
11-01-2018, 02:55 AM
I think most wish to go all the way, some will use miad? mode at home more than likely, I always wear a wig around the house and make sure I shave before I go out.

Fran-K
11-01-2018, 03:26 AM
Hi Olivia

I would like to be in the all or nothing camp — for me dressing is sort of like people who do historical re-enactment where the goal is to be as much like, say, a US Civil War soldier, so the uniform is important but so is hair style, accessories, the weapon, vocabulary and style of speaking, etc.

However - since I’m in the closet wrt family/etc I do what I can, to the degree I can, when I can and have to be satisfied with it.

Fran

MargaretJ
11-01-2018, 03:51 AM
99% of the time it's all in. I love doing the makeup and hair. It's funny how as a bloke I couldn't co-ordinate a pair of trainers with a pair of jeans, yet I can sort out what I'm going to wear, with which shoes, what colour wig, and makeup to go with it.

Vikky
11-01-2018, 04:12 AM
I am still an insider and have a beard so whilst I have wigs I do not bother with makeup Otherwise I aim to be fully dressed. However if I get the chance – wife out for a few hours - I will put on bra and forms under drab.
Vikky

Georgina
11-01-2018, 04:20 AM
I dress every day after work but without wig or make up. I do a little make up sometimes. It's the clothes that I like.

Davina2833
11-01-2018, 04:26 AM
For me always under dress, girl jeans, leggings, nails (both fingers and toes colored), lipstick and sometimes rings.

Charlotte7
11-01-2018, 04:27 AM
For me it's how I identify to myself, so, it's not the clothes or the presentation, I dress to be me, and that's without makeup, but there again, I don't go out.

Elizabeth G
11-01-2018, 04:55 AM
Whether or not I'm not going out I prefer to go the whole nine yards with wig, makeup and accessories. I want a full female presentation so that when I look in the mirror I see a woman looking back (to the extent possible). My only exception to that is when I'm dressing around my wife. We're currently trying to get her used to and more comfortable with seeing me dressed so we're taking baby steps towards that end which currently means being in MIAD mode. It's not a presentation that I like for me but I'm viewing it as a means to an end.

Dani0948
11-01-2018, 09:12 AM
Like many others, I prefer the whole nine yards, but often there's just enough time and energy to slip into something comfortable.

docrobbysherry
11-01-2018, 11:52 AM
My days of underdressing or throwing on nylons and heels, etc. and prancing around the house r long past.

I either dress up completely for an outing or a shoot or just wear my loose, comfy, cotton drabs!:D

Stacy Darling
11-01-2018, 12:05 PM
It's being yourself !

Being who you are!

However you look!
Stacy!

Tracii G
11-01-2018, 12:08 PM
If its a 100% femme day I go all out.
I wear womens jeans and tops/shoes in guy mode and have for 10 years or so.
Would I wear a dress or skirt in guy mode no because I am not a MAID.

sometimes_miss
11-01-2018, 02:14 PM
I could never pass, so I'm happy with just wearing the clothes and accessories which give me some visual and tactile feedback which makes me feel more like I'm a girl.

Jenny22
11-01-2018, 02:20 PM
I dress full femme upon awakening (no wig and only lipstick) and will stay that way until bedtime, if I'm not going out. If I go out en femme, it's the whole nine yards.

sara66
11-01-2018, 02:27 PM
For me, I prefer to look as ,much lady like as I can. This means makeup, nylons, heels, wig ect. I only have 3 or days a month, if I am luck, to dress. Rarely do I ever just partially dress.

Sara :heehee:

Judy-Somthing
11-01-2018, 06:15 PM
It's all or nothing for me. The only way I can enjoy dressing without makeup is if there's no mirrors around!
I few times when I bought a dress and have no time to fully dress with makeup the urge to see if it fit was strong.
So when I put it on and looked in the mirror I felt this is what my wife envisions, Not Good!

carhill2mn
11-01-2018, 07:05 PM
For me it is the entire presentation.

t-girlxsophie
11-01-2018, 08:42 PM
I love everything about the clothing,and in most cases I'll go the whole way at home wig,forms,makeup but minus hip/bum pads,more comfortable that way.When going out dressed it's the whole nine yards,taking much longer putting my face on,getting femme shape etc.I do love the process of transforming

Sophie

Sometimes Steffi
11-01-2018, 09:40 PM
I used to be happy with just clothes. In fact, I used to be happy with just lingerie.

Now I need to be fully dressed with breast forms, wig, makeup, and jewelry -- basically the works.

And, I like to go out like that.

Glenda58
11-01-2018, 09:40 PM
For me I like to go all the way when I dress. But I can't always do what I want so under dressing lipstick and mascara every day Till I can fully dress or I would go crazy.

ElianaFrozenflame
11-02-2018, 07:44 AM
It's both for me. I haven't accomplished a finished image, yet. But I am working on it.

Asew
11-02-2018, 08:48 AM
No full presentation needed for me.

Giselle(Oshawa)
11-02-2018, 09:06 AM
for me i like the total package, otherwise its just a man in a dress

Brenda Freeman
11-02-2018, 09:42 AM
When I Dress feminine it is all feminine including make up and wig (now my own hair grown out). I will qualify this, that I do wear panties daily and rare occasions a bra hidden under a loose shirt but that is my normal everyday wear.

Michelle Vinova
11-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Depends on the amount of time I have and/or what I need to accomplish. If I have the time, I go all out. If I don’t have much time or have chores I want to get done, it’s typically yoga pants/forms/wig only. My productivity goes way down in stilettos 😉

I also underdress at work sometimes. I recently heard about a CD who does underdressing “Thong Thursday”
which sounds like a good routine, haha!

Jessica S
11-02-2018, 10:56 AM
I dress in the clothes mostly but some days I go all out makeup, wig and jewelry.

Stephanie47
11-02-2018, 11:26 AM
For me it is all or nothing. Right now as I am pecking away on this keyboard I have on a Croft & Barrow knee length dress. Underneath is a lacy black bra by Just My Size, a Crepe Suzette garter girdle holding up a pair of jet black stockings, a Vanity Fair nylon full brief, a 1980's extremely lacy black slip, black wedges by Easy Street, and, my grey wig. I do forego the makeup as I am at home doing domestic chores. The washing machine right now is running and washing a white peignoir. So, it is all or nothing. I don't pad other than my bra since I do not have natural boobs, man or otherwise. I don't do hip padding or constrict my waist. Look around and you'll see many women who do not have an hour glass Barbie doll shape.

I really do not know what the MIAD means even after reading threads on it. Yes, a man who has a beard and otherwise is not trying to present as a woman is a MIAD. When I look at the pictures posted on this site I know the person is a MtF cross dresser. That makes my mind be more discerning as to the birth gender of the person. Not all woman are raving beauties by some archaic standard. So, I do try to present as much as possible how I feel when en femme. I accept my aging human form. So, I am not critical of my appearance at all.

Abbey11
11-02-2018, 11:46 AM
When time permits it’s the whole top to painted toe :daydreaming:

Stacy Darling
11-02-2018, 11:54 AM
Why do you ask?

Cheryl T
11-02-2018, 11:57 AM
Over the decades that I have been expressing my femme self I have met others who would be considered everything from fetishist to Transsexual.
We cover such a broad spectrum in this world of ours that there is a niche for all who seek one.
Personally my expression is complete or not at all. I strive to be viewed and accepted as a woman. It is what makes me feel complete. I see myself much closer to the Transsexual end of the spectrum now than I did many years ago. Perhaps it's just that I am realizing more about myself now or maybe it's something more complex, I don't really know. I also know that I no longer care what label is put on me so long as I can be me.

Bruce64
11-02-2018, 12:01 PM
I am happy with just the basics underwear, panties, bras with forms, slips thighs, somehow I don't want to go further into Feminity, no lipstick, I do shave my legs, no painted finger nails, somehow I am kicked on Lingerie, plain and simple.

michelleg
11-02-2018, 03:03 PM
I don't get to dress as often as I would like, so sometimes it's the time I have that limits how much I am dressed. Sometimes being able to wear some lingerie with heels or be able add a little makeup and a wig is the most I can do. A few times when I've been able to fully dress I absolutely love looking in the mirror and seeing the feminine me.

JayeDee
11-03-2018, 10:51 AM
Personally speaking, it is not just the clothing, rather it is the entire sensual experience of transforming myself into a woman both outwardly and inwardly. Along with the clothing and breast forms, I love to apply lipstick, mascara, shadow and highlights as a prelude to becoming Jaye. Truth be told, I probably enjoy becoming a woman more than most women enjoy being a woman. I am not just "crossdressing", I am personifying my attraction to true feminity.
Jaye

Karmen
11-04-2018, 03:04 PM
At home, I regularly wear female clothes and shoes, sometimes also nail polish and lipstick. I don't like wigs, breast forms and bras that much, so I only use them when necessary. But when I go out, I try to present myself as a woman as best I can and I wear full makeup and all the necessary items to do so.

Rachelish
11-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Sometimes it's just half an hour wearing a skirt while enjoying a coffee at home, other times a trip out fully dressed, but usually something in between. If I'm making the most of the moment I'm happy :)

Brocdol
12-27-2018, 05:20 PM
For me its lingerie and clothes, i dont feel the need for make-up and wigs. Though some breast forms would be interesting. Besides that i wouldnt even be close to looking female.
But i guess you never know what the future holds.

KymG
12-27-2018, 05:29 PM
For me, its all or nothing. Has to be head to toe, fully made up, forms, wig.
Nothing less will do.

Jill Mansfield
12-28-2018, 09:41 PM
I have to go for the whole thing from head to toe.
OMG the feelings I get when I look in the mirror and see a beautiful looking woman looking back at me is total fulfillment .

Love to be a girl.

IleneD
12-28-2018, 11:20 PM
I always prefer going all the way; head to toe, fully en femme.
Real Life often dictates I must limit my dressing, so I under dress and almost always wear a bra and panties. I wear earrings (hoops primarily) all the time.
I dress for therapist sessions and weekly support group meetings. I dress in full for board meetings of the non-profit I am supporting. It's for transgender programs.
Love it when I can dress all out with wig and makeup. It brings out the best in me and my appearance.

Jamie Christopher
12-29-2018, 12:20 AM
Olivia I am in all the way when I transition to female; all in, all the way. Just love it so,

Jamie

DanielleDubois
12-29-2018, 09:11 PM
Personally speaking, it is not just the clothing, rather it is the entire sensual experience of transforming myself into a woman both outwardly and inwardly.
Jaye

Yep, Danielle is in the all or nothing group. A huge part of my crossdressing satisfaction is to look as convincingly female as possible which includes a convincing tuck and all the little details such as painting my toenails. If I am rushed and don't get to paint my toenails or glue on false nails Danielle feels incomplete. A little vain I realize but since Danielle time is only once every few weeks (or more) I always try to take full advantage of enjoying a TOTAL transformation.

The only time it is not a complete transformation is when new clothes arrive and I try them on for sizing or when I experiment with old outfits to see if I can wear them differently.