PDA

View Full Version : A vision in pink

Charlotte7
11-04-2018, 09:24 AM
Let me set the scene.

It's a Sunday morning and me and the wife have come to a local market town for a wander round and to take a look in a few charity shops. It's not a large town, maybe a few thousand souls but, over the years it's become a favoured Sunday morning haunt, if we're having a local day.

We've parked the car in the normal place and are wandering back over the river to get to the town centre.

I'm not sure if the first thing I notice, in the distance but coming towards us, is the satin top hat, or the full length satin dress, worn under a matching satin dress coat. I can't see the shoes, the dress is too long.

All three, the top hat, the dress and the coat are pink, a light pink, baby pink?

Perhaps I noticed both, the hat and the dress, at the same time.

I would guess that with the top hat, this person is at least 6 feet 3 inches tall, possibly more.And broad of shoulders too.

And so we pass each other, on opposite sides of the road. There is no click of shoe on the pavement and so I deduce that they are not wearing heels, but heels would be a crazy choice on these cobbles. As we cross, it is as clear as day that he is wearing no makeup, and, other than going all out to impress with the dress, is making no attempt to pass or blend.

He is as he is, a tall, stunning man, dressed to be seen, to be noticed, a vision in a full length ball gown.

There are others about too, crossing the bridge in both directions, and nobody notices, well they probably notice, but do they all see? I'm sure that most see a woman, some see the man, but other than that they all move on. There are no second glances.

Nobody laughs, nobody stares, all is normal.

And then, at the other end of the bridge one person gets their phone out and takes a picture. He sniggers, but it's evident that this is more a problem for him. His masculinity has been questioned and all he can do is laugh. He is laughing, though he doesn't know it, at himself, at his inability to cope.

He, the man with the phone crosses the road and meets his mate in the middle of the bridge. They look at the picture, they both laugh, but then their eye is caught by an intricately carved pumpkin on a nearby wall and he takes a picture of that.

They move on. The tall man in the pink dress and top hat disappears around the corner.

Life returns to normal, except that it doesn't return to normal, for what has happened is normal.

So, what does this tell me?

That there really is nothing wrong with going about with a dress on, people see and people don't see. People just carry on. Yes, the odd number will laugh, they odd few will take pictures, but, if you look stunning in a pink dress, then maybe pictures are what you want people to have?

And you know what, it's odds on that these people who snigger, who laugh, who struggle to cope, see any cross dresser however well they blend or pass, and should they be read, then the phone camera would come out every time.

But, so what?!!

Whoever you are, the man in pink on the bridge, blessings and thanks for brightening up my day.

And, well, you never know, they may just read this.

Tracii G
11-04-2018, 09:57 AM
I have noticed in the last few years the people who snicker and laugh are getting smaller in numbers.
Plus people that tell them to stop being an ahole to the ones that laugh have risen in numbers.
So I's say things are slowly getting better in a general way.
If so many of us would stop playing the victim card like the man in pink on the bridge that would help too.

Majella St Gerard
11-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Wearing a pink top hat and pink ball gown on a Sunday morning, he obviously was looking to get noticed and make a statement. Whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't.

Helen_Highwater
11-04-2018, 03:39 PM
Charlotte,

Doesn't it make you feel proud to be British. As you say, "People just carry on". I believe there's a lot of truth in the perhaps now over marketed phrase, "Stay calm and carry on" but that's in our nature. Get wound up over the important things but not the stuff that doesn't really affect us in our daily lives. Good old British reserve.

True we still have our share of sad misinformed bigots but even the cellphone picture taking is perhaps now little more than a knee jerk reaction. Many are now so wedded to their phones and social media they'd take a snap of someone opening a letter and post it online.

DaisyLawrence
11-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Ah but Charlotte, did it inspire you to do the same?
It's a funny thing but, as Doc says, this person was obviously happy to be making a bold statement and I find that such people are often dismissed by the public. It's like the reaction provoking outfit is so bold that people deliberately do not react. Ironically, those obviously not looking for a reaction but who never-the-less get spotted, will often get a greater reaction from the those identifying them. It is almost as if they are proud of themselves for 'spotting the crossdresser'. It's a British thing, deliberately not giving a reaction to those that seemingly want one and giving one to those that do not. I saw a similar vision in pink myself only a few weeks ago. In my small town is a full time MTF who I know wants to be seen as, and treated as, a real woman. She is very tall and broad and screams man in every sense and for some reason seems to think that choosing the most extreme feminine items in all areas of presentation is the way to convince the doubters. So on these big broad shoulders picture a huge thick hot pink puffer jacket that only goes to emphasise the size issue. Couple it with pink high heels and a long pink and white flowery skirt, pink nails, a pink hat and huge pink bag. It was like seeing the offspring of the jolly green giant and Alice in Wonderland with a bit of Umpalumpa thrown in. This was in Morrisons supermarket. Needless to say I did not stare but I watched what others did out of curiosity and, alas, she was not going unoticed or unregarded despite the wish to do so. Was she aware of the reaction going on around her? That I do not know. It's a shame because she just wants to go unotticed but would probably get less of a reaction as a drag queen, or in the pink top hat of your earlier example. Last week I stopped at a service station and a coach full of young men came in and used the loos/cafe. They were on a stag do and had dressed the groom in a blue dress, balloon boobs and a £1.50 fancy dress blond wig. Pretty obviously not an attempt to be seen as truely female. I was walking behind him in the very busy lobby. It was interesting to see the public notice him and totally ignore it. I tend to do this, if I see something I think Joe public may find shocking I find myself looking at the reaction of others and not the object of their interest. Just try it in a bar when a very sexy young woman comes in, watch not her but the eyes of the men in the room, especially those with thier partners. Can be entertaining. Women are wise to this. If a very sexy woman walks in they will turn their gaze to their husband straight away. I've even seen one get a slap there and then. People watching is the most fun you can have and it costs nothing. :)

Beverley Sims
11-04-2018, 08:16 PM
A man in a pink dress would not raise a question with me, it's just that I would only wear the same outfit dressed as a woman.