PDA

View Full Version : Halloween is coming

GraceUSA
10-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Well I'm going something I didn't think I was going to do last week... I'm going to a friends party dressed as a girl. I tested the waters earlier this week with the host to make sure there wouldn't be any problems with her... lets just say she offered to loan me a dress. :) Earlier today I made my finial commitment by buying a party dress (can't go in everyday clothes, that would be cheeting.) Later this week I'll need to go to a wig store to find the perfect wig.

Though I'm a bit neverous, lots of guy friends will be at this party and just about everyone will be a Christian as well. I only have one friend I'm a little concerned that might take it in the wrong way. Its hard because we all have our weeknesses and he has a hard time accepting people from the g/l community. Not that I'm gay but lots of people lump cross dressers with them. But the plus side, I just might meet a Christian gal there that doesn't have a problem with this part of me... ok thats something I'm despertly praying that will happen. :)

But shopping for the dress was a blast. A mall by my parents has two great stores for gowns at very low prices. After trying on about 10 dresses, I was able to find a burgandy full length dress with a very classy detail work in the front and a mock lace up back for 54 USD. The dress fits prefectly and doesn't make my hips look too small either. :) Next week I'll try to post some pictures.

Grace

Sweet Susan
10-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Grace,
Good luck on the Halloween party. It could go either way, you know. I think it's a really, really bold move on your part. Not sure I would ever do that at a party where any of my guy friends were in attendance. I just don't think I have the nerve. I've always wanted to do that, and I've had a couple of opportunities, but I've never done it. Good luck, I'm sure it'll work out fine for you. Can't wait to see the pix. Take a camera! Susan

babe4life
10-28-2004, 12:33 AM
Dear Grace,

I hope you have a wonderful time. It is a fantastic experience to be a girl in front of all your friends in a relaxed setting like a party. I have done it on more than one occasion and I enjoyed it each time :).

As for the Christian aspect and your friend. Been there, know the feeling. All I can suggest is pray about that too.

Love,
Vicky

Girl.Faye
10-28-2004, 01:06 AM
I've been really contemplating doing something for halloween as well. But I live in the most Conservative province in Canada... Texas Junior. Ugh, I wish I was back in Montreal... They were having a cross dressing party! My jaw dropped when I saw that on a flyer handed out in the streets... But my depature date was a couple of days before the party =/

I'm definitly moving to that city.

Wow... 3 different thoughts that weren't really on topic... I'm wearing a halloween wig, it's mega messy hair, but it just feels good to have hair rolling down my shoulders and back ;p

Make that 4 off topics, go me...

Victoria Pink
10-28-2004, 04:08 AM
Good luck GraceUSA. I hope it will be a fun time. I am planning my first major outing this weekend as well, so I know the thoughts and feelings that you are going through. It'll be interesting to share stories next week.

Victoria

eleventhdr
10-28-2004, 04:12 AM
Yes that's how it all began for me when I frist came out and decided to dress and be a girl in public and the rest as the old saying goes is history!. Suzy!.

Wenda
10-28-2004, 10:32 PM
I've been really contemplating doing something for halloween as well. But I live in the most Conservative province in Canada... Texas Junior. Ugh, I wish I was back in Montreal... They were having a cross dressing party! My jaw dropped when I saw that on a flyer handed out in the streets... But my depature date was a couple of days before the party =/

I'm definitly moving to that city.

Wow... 3 different thoughts that weren't really on topic... I'm wearing a halloween wig, it's mega messy hair, but it just feels good to have hair rolling down my shoulders and back ;p

Make that 4 off topics, go me...where in AB do u live? We r considering the Calgary sex show in November. Is it worth the trip? wenda

Wenda
10-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Good 4 U girl! I understand your sensitivity re: fundamentalist friends, but I believe that I have a strong relationship with my creator, and I truly cannot find any fault with crossdressing. Just because something is socially unacceptable does not mean that it is sinful. MY killer dress from eBay hasn't arrived, so, my Halloween outing is not likely. Go for it Girl! luv, wenda.

GraceUSA
10-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Thanks for all the support. :)

Wenda, I've spent a lot of time seeking God on this will on this and I believe I'm where he wants me. I truely have a very wonderful group of friends, they are all very conservative like me but they have no problems accepting people for who they are. I'm not that concerned except for my one friend. Though I know its going to spread like wildfire what I did on halloween and get more attention than I normally like. But this is halloween and its been years since I really had fun dressing up. :) And I do hope that Killer dress of yours arrives, would be a shame not to go out in it.

I went out tonight to my local mall to get a makeover scheduled for before the party but I'm still short a wig. I'm hoping a wig shop thats local for me will have a wig that I love and is affordable, if not my backup plan is a shop about 15 miles from me that had a wig I loved but decided not to get at the time.

Grace

Renecd
10-29-2004, 01:29 AM
Good Luck to you Grace!! I am in a similar position this year. I have been invited to a party in NY city on Saturday and some co-workers (guys) will also be there. I want to go dressed fem but have been debating myself all week if I should or not. I guess I still have one more day to decide. If I do go the way I want I will take more pictures afterwards. Wish me luck :)

Hugs,
Rene

Sweet Susan
10-29-2004, 01:53 AM
What a thing to have to ponder. I don't know what I would do under the same circumstances. I know my wife would never, ever, under any circumstances allow me to go to a party, Halloween or not, dressed as a woman if there were people there that knew me or her. Having said that, I sure do love being dressed and in a room with other people. I love, love, love it!

Girl.Faye
10-29-2004, 12:46 PM
where in AB do u live? We r considering the Calgary sex show in November. Is it worth the trip? wenda

Edmonton. I never really travel to Calgary too often, so I've never heard of the sex show which you speak of.

Virtue
10-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Since this is kinda on subject I'm going to a halloween party dressed as a girl my friends think im doing it just cause I always do crazy things any way little do they know its a lot more to me than that :)

Julie
10-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Go for it Virtue, have a great time. :)

Julie J

DebbiAnne
10-29-2004, 05:38 PM
Well I'm going something I didn't think I was going to do last week... I'm going to a friends party dressed as a girl. I tested the waters earlier this week with the host to make sure there wouldn't be any problems with her... lets just say she offered to loan me a dress. :) Earlier today I made my finial commitment by buying a party dress (can't go in everyday clothes, that would be cheeting.) Later this week I'll need to go to a wig store to find the perfect wig.

Though I'm a bit neverous, lots of guy friends will be at this party and just about everyone will be a Christian as well. I only have one friend I'm a little concerned that might take it in the wrong way. Its hard because we all have our weeknesses and he has a hard time accepting people from the g/l community. Not that I'm gay but lots of people lump cross dressers with them. But the plus side, I just might meet a Christian gal there that doesn't have a problem with this part of me... ok thats something I'm despertly praying that will happen. :)

But shopping for the dress was a blast. A mall by my parents has two great stores for gowns at very low prices. After trying on about 10 dresses, I was able to find a burgandy full length dress with a very classy detail work in the front and a mock lace up back for 54 USD. The dress fits prefectly and doesn't make my hips look too small either. :) Next week I'll try to post some pictures.

Grace
Grace,

Just do it! Life goes on. Today I took the day off & really had a great time. I started off by going to a nail salon & got a manicure then went to the mall & got my ears pierced! What a rush! Then I went to Payless shoes & tried on different sandals & boots. The bummer was I had to hurry home & remove all the nail polish & the earrings. I cleaned up where the holes were using alcohol, and put a dab of makeup on the holes so my wife won't see them. But what a thrill the day was.

Amelie
10-29-2004, 07:47 PM
Go for it Grace, you'll have lots of fun, it's Halloween for Pete's sake.
If there is going to be a lot of Christians there, don't go dressed as a female vampire, unless you want a stake driven in you.
This a great chance to go out, act like it is just a costume, but inside you know it isn't.
Just don't pick up any strange men. Lol
Just have fun.
Love Amelie

PS I think I know what I'm going to be-Avatar

DebbieThomas
10-30-2004, 06:56 AM
Grace,

Just do it! Life goes on. Today I took the day off & really had a great time. I started off by going to a nail salon & got a manicure then went to the mall & got my ears pierced! What a rush! Then I went to Payless shoes & tried on different sandals & boots. The bummer was I had to hurry home & remove all the nail polish & the earrings. I cleaned up where the holes were using alcohol, and put a dab of makeup on the holes so my wife won't see them. But what a thrill the day was.

DebbiAnne
you got your ears pierced for one day? :eek: :confused:

Lauren Richards
10-30-2004, 10:00 AM
Go for it girl. Halloween is OUR holiday. I opened the door to a more active CD life two years ago when I asked my g/f to help me dress up for the first time. I have been a closet dresser since I was very young, and this was the first time I had told anyone about my desire to dress en femme. She has been supportive, and I now have a closet full of clothes and shoes. I happen to be fortunate to be able to go to a church which is very open to lifestyle differences. I think God is manafested in all of us, and we are all unique and beautiful expressions of that magnificent being. Dress appropriately and enjoy your freedom, if you feel comfortable. It is always a risk to be different, but if we were all average there wouldn't need to be so many different shoe sizes, would there? You are the only one who knows if this is the right time, and place, to express yourself. Choices. Knowing ourselves, as God knows us, and trusting our place in this world, is so important, and I suspect too rare. Best wishes in your quest. Above all, be yourself.

Lauren

Julie
10-30-2004, 10:07 AM
Welcome Lauren, good to see you here. Happy Birthday for Thursday by the way.

Julie J

Lauren Richards
10-30-2004, 10:35 AM
Thanks Julie. It is nice to be where it feels like home. Yep, that 28th is a good day - for you, too! Happy belated.

DebbiAnne
10-30-2004, 11:34 AM
Yes, people around me including my wife & kids wouldn't understand at this time. oh well!

IAMDONNA
10-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Good for you Grace.
I am getting some things ready right now to go to a party tonight. There is a club about 40 miles from where I live and I plan to be there "In Costume" tonight. This is their big costume party. For me it is a chance to go as I wish I could more often.
I hope everything goes well for you and that all there think your "Costume" is the best.
Had to host a Halloween Dance last night for about 100 people but alas I knew too many to go as I would have liked.
God be with you Grace! :)
Love Donna

GraceUSA
10-30-2004, 01:10 PM
Go for it Grace, you'll have lots of fun, it's Halloween for Pete's sake.
If there is going to be a lot of Christians there, don't go dressed as a female vampire, unless you want a stake driven in you.
This a great chance to go out, act like it is just a costume, but inside you know it isn't.
Just don't pick up any strange men. Lol
Just have fun.
Love Amelie

PS I think I know what I'm going to be-Avatar

Are strange women fine? :)

GraceUSA
10-30-2004, 01:21 PM
I've always been one to take risks (and I have enough broken bones to prove it) but never draw attention to myself. So this is a big step out for me that I plan to enjoy every last bit for the weeks and months to come. The experience will not just be tonight but every time a friend will talk to me about how I dressed up this halloween. And everyone, thanks again for your support.

There's an update. Yesterday I purchased my wig and the shop sized it and had it ready for me this morning. What an absolutely wonder group of ladies at that shop. I felt so at home, they were completely non judgement and very helpful. Without even asking, they took 30 dollars off the price of the wig and added some accessories I would need for free (like a wig brush). So if anyone needs a wig, please try a local shop. If the ladies that work there are anything like the ones here they definately should get the business. And Vicky, with this wig we can be twins. :)

When I was out thursday I inquired at a Sephora store about a makeover. Its going to be free and they will have artists in the store all day. The only thing left I need to do is find a place to get my brows shaped.

And everyone, thanks again for how wonderful you all have been.

Lauren Richards
10-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Sounds like you are ready. Let the woman within you shine, and have a wonderful time.

GraceUSA
10-30-2004, 07:48 PM
Oh my goodness. This is the first time I've seem myself all put together, I'm in utter shock. The gal at the makeup store did a absolutely wonderful job and even she was prode of her work when she was done. I've had a makeover in the past but I looked more like a drag queen, but this time... well I feel like a girl. Big thanks to her and I must go back with a picture from the party.

This is also the first time wearing the wig except for the fittings in the store. But everything together, dress, shoes, hair and makeup just go so well I don't believe this was me that put it together. The buterflies are mounting in my stomach as I need to leave here in a couple of minutes but this is going to be a very fun night.

Grace

Sara Kat
10-30-2004, 08:38 PM
Just don't pick up any strange men.
Aww...why not? That's the most fun! :p :D

GraceUSA
10-31-2004, 04:09 PM
Last night was a lot of fun and I will never be able to live this one down with my friends. Needless to say they were all shocked that I came as a girl and watching their reaction was priceless. At the party a number of people were wondering what my costume was until I opened my month. :) And I won best costume as well.

I wish I got pictures from earlier in the night, these were taken after the party and my makeup was a mess at the time.

Grace

Julie
10-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Grace it sounds like a great night was had by one and all. I really love the pictures and it was no wonder you won best costume, it was a no contest. :)

Julie J