PDA

View Full Version : Isn't that a woman's watch you're wearing?

barbie lanai
03-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Waiting in line in drab at the post office today and my thin band woman's watch would occasionally peek out from the long sleeve top I was wearing. Noboby said anything, most eyes are on the clerk or counting how far back in line they are.

But any snappy one liners to offer in case someone did say something?

1. Why yes, doesn't look pretty with my nail polish?
2. So that's why it's always wrong!
3. No, it's a man's petite.
4. Is women's time different?

Kathycd
03-20-2006, 12:37 PM
thats cute, lol, thank you it gave me a much needed smile this moring.

hugs
kathy in oklahoma

sharifemme
03-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Barbie...

How about these:

OH, NO! I must have turned into a woman! It was a man's watch yesterday!

So what? Maybe there is a woman wearing it!

Makes a great conversation starter, doesn't it?

I just wear it to see if anybody is paying attention.

It's my wife's self-winding watch and she doesn't move enough to keep it running so I'm helping her out.

That's OK, it goes with my gold satin bra and panties.

Sharifemme

livy_m_b
03-20-2006, 12:54 PM
How about "Yes" with a smile? :)

sharifemme
03-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Livy...

You hit on the one I was most likely to say myself. Then I would have used one of mine if needed.

Sharifemme

maid phylis
03-20-2006, 01:58 PM
not only do i wear a femme watch i also wear jewelery while i am on my route and sometimes people ask me why i am wearing them and i say because i like to wear them.i only take the jewelery off when i come home but the watch has been part of me for so long that my wife doesnt care about it.,love phylisanne:c9: :doll: :wave2:

JoAnnDallas
03-20-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm inclided to say "SO, are we going to have a problem with this?". All the while looking directly at the person. I bet he or she would quickly turn away and no more would be said.

Ashley in Virginia
03-20-2006, 02:03 PM
How about turning around and saying "STFU and mind your own damn business."

Annaliese
03-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Waiting in line in drab at the post office today and my thin band woman's watch would occasionally peek out from the long sleeve top I was wearing. Noboby said anything, most eyes are on the clerk or counting how far back in line they are.

But any snappy one liners to offer in case someone did say something?

1. Why yes, doesn't look pretty with my nail polish?
2. So that's why it's always wrong!
3. No, it's a man's petite.
4. Is women's time different?
I ware a woman's watch all the time I have only had one person comment on it a co-worker, and she did it in front of my boss and other co-workers my answer was I like the smaller watch.

Lisa Maren
03-20-2006, 02:22 PM
How about:

Oh, that's nothing! You should see my tennis bracelet!

Oh, do you like it? I'll wear the matching broach next time!

Today's not Halloween?

Oh, damn, I've been doing things like that lately. It's a bad reaction to some medication. It seems the ecstasy just doesn't mix -- I love you!

Oh, that? I don't use it for the time. I snort cocaine off of it.

::Look at them like they're crazy while remaining dead silent::

::Looking at them bug-eyed and whispering urgently:: It's a time machine!

Hugs,
Lisa

carol ann
03-20-2006, 02:26 PM
'Yes, Are those trousers you are wearing?'

but the more polite reply

"Yes' do you like it" as you show her your wrist.

Megan_Renee
03-20-2006, 03:57 PM
"Why, you wanna go out sometime?" And then wink... ;-D

Megan

Jodi
03-20-2006, 10:54 PM
How about--it's not a woman's watch, it's my watch. I have used this line for years if someone is so crass to comment about someithing I'm wearing that is a femme item.

Jodi

Penny
03-21-2006, 01:17 AM
Well, I was confronted by a coworker about my woman's watch. I told the trueth. It was a present from my wife. End of discussion!

Jennaie
03-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Oh my God! I wonder if my girlfriend is wearing my watch? Oh well, nobody would question a woman wearing a mans watch now would they?

kathy gg
03-21-2006, 09:28 AM

Oh my God! I wonder if my girlfriend is wearing my watch? Oh well, nobody would question a woman wearing a mans watch now would they?

Um..yeah...I have had that happen several times at tennis or when I used to work. I just don't see that great and find that women's watches are just difficult to read. I have about 3 watches that are probably men's watches. The numebrs are big and the bands are sturrdier.

But I have had people comment and they usually seem to find it amusing.

If I could ever find a ladies watch with large enough numbers and a sturdy band I am not opposed.

Noel Chimes
03-21-2006, 10:00 AM
smart comback: Yes! Do you want to see the ankle bracleet that goes with it?:Angry3:
hiding comback: Why yes it is. My wife won't find her present this year.:nailbiting:
OUT AND PROUD COMBACK: WHY YES AND I HAVE A CHOCKER AND MATCHING EARRINGS TO GO WITH.:doll:

DonnaT
03-21-2006, 10:06 AM
"Why, yes it is. Pretty too, don't you think? Why should women get to wear all the pretty jewelry?"

Francine
03-21-2006, 10:40 AM
I am lucky I didn't have to answer that one time.
I went to work one day after having spent time dressed the night before. But I had forgot to remove my women's watch from my wrist. I didn't even notice until about noon when I went to look what time it was for the upcoming lunch break. If anyone had noticed it at work, they didn't say anything.
Maybe that is why the gal in purchasing had commented "You'd make someone a good wife someday!" while I was making coffee. My only reply was "Yes, I probably would!".:happy:

Francine

Drucilla
03-21-2006, 08:09 PM
"So , that's why I am late all the time !!"

Jennifer in CO
03-21-2006, 08:14 PM
I wear a womens sports watch everyday. Have for almost 2 years and no one has said a word. I'ts not as big as a mans and still digital numbers - easy to read but I like the smaller size

Jenn

Rachel Morley
03-21-2006, 09:52 PM
Isn't that a woman's watch you're wearing?...but any snappy one liners to offer in case someone did say something?

How about: "err...as a matter of fact it is. (fake a slightly embarrassed smile) Mine's broken and my wife said I should wear her's until it's fixed".