PDA

View Full Version : Being a mother

Michelle8
03-20-2006, 12:59 PM
Obviously with us being cd's do any of you with
kids feel you were the mother in your family.
In mine my ex-wife screamed and yelled,
while I would console my daughter or son
after break-ups or tough losses in ball games.
I was always the on that thought of other people's
feelings.I was the one that reasoned instead of yelling,
just like my mother did.

Kimberley
03-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Oh yeah. I often had to intervene to protect my children. There were situations of abuse I didnt find out about until both my kids were grown. Had I known then the two words would have been "Buh Bye."

I often took a mothering role and alternated between both. Still the kids knew if there was a problem they could come to me. That doesnt mean my wife was a poor mother. In many many ways she was exceptional.

Kimberley.

Annaliese
03-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Yea my wife is the screamer, my oldest (31) she still call me first for consoleing. My wife has never like to dress up she prefers sweats. She will only put on a dress if we are going to Church. I think the bigest problem she has is she can't figure why any girl would get dressed up with make-up and all, let a lone a man.

Anna

rhondasxycd
03-20-2006, 04:44 PM
When i got divorced ..The ex gave me custody of my son he was 4 yrs old..I was mother and father....

elizabeth nicole
03-20-2006, 04:59 PM
i have been married twice and divorced twice .i raised all five kids on my own.dont want a reward for it just enough to see that the last one is now an RN.the others have all become very good at what they do.two engineers and a mother and a contractor.i applied the same rules that my mopther a single parent used. love them till it hurets then give a little more.i also learned of the abuse and neglect after the divorces..made me feel good when the three step kids asked if they could stay with me..not saying i didnt make mistakes but just tried to be fair and loving..kids were calling me father mom before the movie came out.looking back now i guess i did feel like a mother.:D

nezy
03-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Obviously with us being cd's do any of you with
kids feel you were the mother in your family.
In mine my ex-wife screamed and yelled,
while I would console my daughter or son
after break-ups or tough losses in ball games.
I was always the on that thought of other people's
feelings.I was the one that reasoned instead of yelling,
just like my mother did.
wow very cool......wish that it happened that way when my kids were growing up....ur a blessing....:D

Adrienne Heels
03-28-2006, 07:00 PM
Now that I think about it, I have the motherly tendencies in our home....the comforting, reasoning, etc. My wife is the disciplinarian...taking the male role

Karyn

size7satin
03-28-2006, 07:06 PM
As a widower I am both.

Lady Katherine
03-28-2006, 07:07 PM
It is strange, too. My wife was always the "tough" one in dealing with our kids. I always wanted to mediate; I hated to fight to uphold our rights, always shieing away from confrontation. In truth, I think these tendencies to be conciliatory and open minded have served me well, though they may have cost me a promotion to top leadership position, since many thought I was 'too soft.'

Are these feminine tendencies? Who knows.

uknowhoo
03-28-2006, 07:17 PM
Yup, like Eva, I'm a "soccer mom in training."

And love it.:D

T

Deborah
03-29-2006, 03:46 AM
My ex was a screamer also. When we got divorced i also got custody of my 3 children and she didn't even fight for them.
Sad really.
I wouldn't call myself a mother though i'm a parent.