PDA

View Full Version : A chance missed

t-girlxsophie
11-09-2018, 02:12 AM
Been off my work almost 2 weeks, didn't go anywhere but just to get away from the bloody place for a while was welcome enough.Now while I've been dressed almost the whole time (our anniversary and a cpl half days going to watch footy apart) I still feel its been an opportunity missed to get out dressed with my friends,or even go out shopping or even a walk.Esp now I've gotten used to stepping straight out as Sophie from home now. Hope I've not lost my mojo

Sophie

Tracii G
11-09-2018, 02:14 AM
You will be fine so don't worry.

Helen_Highwater
11-09-2018, 05:12 AM
Sophie,

All will be fine. One thing I wouls say, and this comes from having experienced something similar, it pays to have a plan.

If an opportunity like this presents itself again know what it is you want to do, plan for it and then just go for it.

For instance, in about a week's time I get to have a full week of Helen time. Days out are already planned. On one day I'll be traveling by train. I know how long it'll take to drive to the station, where to park, times of the trains, the fare. Knowing all this means I can simply execute the plan having removed a lot of uncertainty and fully enjoy the day. Above all else being prepared drives me to get on and get out.

alwayshave
11-09-2018, 06:01 AM
Sophie, not having the opportunity is different than loosing your mojo. Other opportunities will arise.

Beverley Sims
11-09-2018, 09:39 AM
Sometimes work does get in the way. :-)

HollyGreene
11-09-2018, 07:12 PM
20:20 hindsight.
I have been in the same situation. My advice is to think ahead as much as possible and plan for any opportunity that comes up. It's too easy to let those opportunities pass you by.

Having missed so many chances, I tend to plan ahead as much as I can. But even the best laid plans don't always come to fruition.
For example, I planned to go out this evening. Worked out exactly what I was going to wear, where I was going to go etc.
Then we got gale-force winds and rain, which really scuppered my plans.
My next opportunities are tomorrow (weather likely to be bad again) and then Tuesday, so I'm already re-planning for those days and using today to get clothes washed.
I get such a buzz from going out that I now plan for every foreseeable opportunity. Next summer, my wife and children will be out of the country for 3 weeks, so I'm already working out what I'm going to do during that period, even down to details such as ordering a pair of spectacles with women's frames to arrive a day or two after they have left the country.

Hell on Heels
11-09-2018, 07:55 PM
Hell-o Sophie,
Getting comfortable going out and about does tend to take some of the pleasure outa staying home.
At least it did for me. And just like me, you still got your girl on!
Plan ahead seems to be sound advice.

I’m sure another chance will come along.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Helen_Highwater
11-09-2018, 07:58 PM
Holly,

It seems we're like minded. I always return to PPPPPP Proper Planning Prevents P**s Poor Performance.

If you want to get the most out of an opportunity you need to plan. Fail to plan, plan to fail. My opportunities to get out amongst the muggles are thin on the ground so when I know one's coming the last thing I want to do is squander it. Okay plans don't always come to fruition but without one expect things to fall short of potential.

Sophie,

It could sound like I'm getting at you. Far from the truth. Just relaying my own failures and lessons learnt.

DIANEF
11-09-2018, 07:58 PM
I've just had six days during which I dressed all the time. I could have gone out everyday but I found twice was enough to satisfy the need to leave the house. I'm sure your mojo will return.

t-girlxsophie
11-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies

Helen didn't think for a second you were getting at me.Most time I get out is usually planned either by me on my own or with my friend's.Although the first time I left from home fully dressed was pretty much spur of the moment,but that was an exception and the adrenaline was flowing.

As it happens Ladies a chance to get out has presented itself @ transgender group in Perth,my first here,and with a month till the event.well that's a pretty good time scale and plenty time to plan ahead.I'm sure I'll be on to tell you All about it

Sophie

outs thought this was achance missed

Shirley Anne
11-10-2018, 01:16 PM
Hi Sophie, have you tried the Central Scotland TG group, they meet in a Dunblane hotel, on I think the second saturday of the month.

Rachelish
11-10-2018, 03:15 PM
As Helen says, planning is everything. My outings are planned weeks in advance but even then I don't allow myself to be pressured into going and have sometimes decided at the last moment to stay in and relax instead. Because I knew that was always an option I didn't feel I'll let myself down in any way and just enjoyed the time dressed regardless.

t-girlxsophie
11-10-2018, 05:12 PM
Yes Shirley Anne been a few times, people are lovely and it's a nice venue,not been for a while though I find theres a wee bit too much of an old fashioned vibe for me

Sophle