PDA

View Full Version : Voice device

macada10
11-10-2018, 04:27 AM
Is any of aware of any device that can be kept inside the mouth ( somehow like brackets) that are able to modify how the sound goes out of our mouth?
Either by modifying the mouth structure for echos, or with a real-time voice processor with a directional microphone (towards the throat) and a speaker towards outside, I think it could be possible to achieve a femenine voice.
is any of you aware of a device of this kind?

Patience
11-10-2018, 04:59 AM
Even if such a device existed and its sound quality were good enough to produce a convincing feminine voice, how would you be able to speak properly with the device in your mouth? And wouldn’t people notice it visually?

Kas
11-10-2018, 05:07 AM
No I doubt it exists. Even if it did it would cost a LOT of money. I’m guessing several thousand minimum (for one that sounded legit).

Possibly military?

Macey
11-10-2018, 05:20 AM
No device that I've heard of. But there are tons of articles and videos on the interwebs about how to feminize your voice. All of them take time, practice and patience! Your mileage may vary ... Greatly!

Ineke Vashon
11-10-2018, 05:59 AM
With a little microphone and speaker?? Wow, would I be able to BUUUURP.:D

Ineke

Micki_Finn
11-10-2018, 10:11 AM
That would be science fiction.

Mary Lawrence
11-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Voice changers do exist. https://www.electronickits.com/voice-changer-kit/

I tried one of these (not sure it was this particular one) once. It worked to some extent, but the sound was erratic with dropouts and, in my opinion, not satisfactory. Perhaps mine was defective. Others from different sources may be better. Note that none of those that I browsed are designed to work in the mouth.

If you try one, please post the results.

Mary

Beverley Sims
11-10-2018, 11:49 AM
For something practical if you invent something successful you should make money with your idea.

Think about it, you have a good idea if you can put it into practice.

Rachelish
11-10-2018, 03:56 PM
Sounds like what you need is a Mabel fish :)

Sami Brown
11-10-2018, 05:07 PM
I would be afraid of choking on it, and that wouldn't be very ladylike, would it?

Sami

docrobbysherry
11-10-2018, 06:10 PM
Sounds like something out of a CD role player's fantasy story line! :battingeyelashes:

Only, why not just fantasize about turning completely into a female? With all the parts, speech, and everything else a natal GG has!?:D

Robertacd
11-10-2018, 07:38 PM
I have used Screeming Bee Voice Changer software in online games and it does a fairly good job, but still sounds thin.

Anyway what you are looking for does not exist. The best you could do is something like the old "Talk box (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk_box)" guitar effect A'la Peter Frampton but fed with a group of frequencies in the female vocal range. The hardest part is getting the timbre right, even then you will still probably sound like a robot.

Tracii G
11-10-2018, 07:43 PM
There is a device to use on your telephone that has several choices of voices.
I had a CB radio that had a voice changer where you could get a male voice to a female voice. I had fun with that when I was trucking at night.
The radio was a Galaxy 77V.

Actually it would easier just to but in the effort to train your own voice to sound more feminine.
People do it all the time why can't you?

Macey
11-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Roberta, and you really can't do consonants with that tube sticking in your face! Pain in the butt for the casual musician to hook up, too.

Tracii, agreed. Although, if someone did invent a practical device, they would probably make a mint

Tracii G
11-10-2018, 08:31 PM
Macey the problem is no one wants to put in any effort to do something like voice training so they look for a machine to do it for them.

docrobbysherry
11-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Absolutely true, Tracii! I've met countless dressers over the last 10+ years. Yet, the number that even TRIED to fem their voice could be counted on one hand!:eek:

Which is why I gave up practicing MY fem voice!:brolleyes:

HollyGreene
11-10-2018, 10:59 PM
I think such a device is unlikely to be possible. Your lips and teeth contribute to the sounds that you make, so your final voice is outside your mouth.
Pitch is partly determined by the speed at which your vocal chords vibrate, and the shape and size of your mouth and nasal cavity. Come up with a compact device that altered all of that, and you'd be sitting on a gold mine, but I suspect it wouldn't be possible.

sometimes_miss
11-11-2018, 12:29 AM
Voice changers do exist. https://www.electronickits.com/voice-changer-kit/

I had one such device a long time ago. It hooked into the telephone line and changed the outgoing voice's pitch, but you had to change the style of speaking on your own.

Absolutely true, Tracii! I've met countless dressers over the last 10+ years. Yet, the number that even TRIED to fem their voice could be counted on one hand!
Probably because for most of us, it's pointless. There are usually so many other giveaways that clock us, that noticing that it's a male voice would be redundant. I could sound like Marilyn Monroe, and no one would believe that I'm female. And, of course for younger TS who managed to start on hormone blockers before puberty struck, they never needed such a device.

Mary Lawrence
11-11-2018, 10:21 AM
I think such a device is unlikely to be possible. Your lips and teeth contribute to the sounds that you make, so your final voice is outside your mouth.
Pitch is partly determined by the speed at which your vocal chords vibrate, and the shape and size of your mouth and nasal cavity. Come up with a compact device that altered all of that, and you'd be sitting on a gold mine, but I suspect it wouldn't be possible.

Holly--I do think it is possible, but not financially worth the effort. Who would buy it besides us?

Sound can be manipulated using computers that read the sound, selectively cancel certain frequencies and add back others that are not present. A properly designed chip could probably do it these days. Water-impervious microphone and speaker would have to be added, plus a power source. I'm not really sure that having such a device in the mouth would actually be necessary when speaking at normal distances from listeners, however.

Macey
11-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Macey the problem is no one wants to put in any effort to do something like voice training so they look for a machine to do it for them.

Agreed whole heartedly! That's why whomever invented one would make a mint!

macada10
11-12-2018, 01:46 PM
I would be afraid of choking on it, and that wouldn't be very ladylike, would it?

Sami

Millions of people wear brackets in the mouth... no fearing to choke

- - - Updated - - -

No I doubt it exists. Even if it did it would cost a LOT of money. I’m guessing several thousand minimum (for one that sounded legit).

Possibly military?
According to the information provided by others It cost 15$.... I would not dare to call it “a lot of money” of course a different design is needed

Krisi
11-12-2018, 05:19 PM
You could get one of those buzzing devices that people who have lost their voice box use.

It's a mistake to think that the only difference between a male and female voice is the pitch. Listen to women talking. They typically talk faster than men and use far more words to say the same thing. Their inflection is different as well. You can learn to speak like a woman but it's not easy and you're not going to do it in a couple weeks.

macada10
11-13-2018, 03:55 AM
You could get one of those buzzing devices that people who have lost their voice box use.

It's a mistake to think that the only difference between a male and female voice is the pitch. Listen to women talking. They typically talk faster than men and use far more words to say the same thing. Their inflection is different as well. You can learn to speak like a woman but it's not easy and you're not going to do it in a couple weeks.

Fine, neither can anyone to prepare cleavage, make up.... in two weeks