PDA

View Full Version : Practice what I preach

Helen_Highwater
11-16-2018, 05:26 AM
Well tomorrow is the start of 7 days all to me to be enfemme 24/7. Look out world here I come as they say.

If you're a regular then you could be forgiven for thinking I'm one of those who's out and about all the time but in truth that's not the case. It's many months since I last went out dressed and I know come tomorrow I'll be sat dressed in a supermarket car park feeling as anxious as hell about stepping out that door. It's almost like I was back at square one again.

In one way this is a good thing. It'll remind me of what many of you who are hovering on the brink of going out will experience. I'll be reconnected with feelings first experienced years ago.

Once out and running, not literally, more a lady like stroll, normal service will be resumed. Clothing section browsed, breakfast, lunch and dinner sorted for the next couple of days, a chance for my first human interaction at the tills, no self checkout for this gal, all will be well.

So today I'll be ordering some new shoes that I'll pick up in store in a few days time. A shopping trip traveling by train and bus all planned, I'm hoping the Queen film will still be on at the local cinema. Yep my days are fairly well planned out.

In saying that can I take the opportunity to once more invite anyone who'll care to join me, and at the moment one other, for a chat, a bite to eat, a glass to drink and the opportunity to meet up with a few other CD'ers on Wednesday in Manchester's Gay village. For details see the post in the "Places to go" section.

So wish me luck. Here I go, tally ho, tally ho!

Macey
11-16-2018, 05:37 AM
Best of luck and I CAN'T WAIT to hear the details! Hopefully a photo or two :)

colleen ps
11-16-2018, 06:06 AM
Helen, i would have loved to join you, but its a bit of a trek up from Dartford for a cuppa!

Teresa
11-16-2018, 06:23 AM
Helen,
Shame we aren't a little closer I would happily join you for a coffee or a meal . The long breaks between your outings must be frustrating but could you or would you do full time ? It's great not to be a bag of nerves , in fact it's never been too much of a problem but laying those little gremlins to rest is harder for some , I wish you all the best , I'm sure you'll keep us posted .

Fran-K
11-16-2018, 06:23 AM
Hi Helen

Enjoy your week - it should be a great time

Fran

Crissy 107
11-16-2018, 06:41 AM
Helen, Good luck and I’m looking forward to hearing about your adventures. Crissy

DaisyLawrence
11-16-2018, 07:43 AM
Sounds like fun. Don't forget your woolies, it's going to be cold next week in Manchester. :)

Rachelish
11-16-2018, 08:12 AM
Helen, enjoy the week. I'd love to be able to join you in Manchester but circumstances do not permit :(

Patience
11-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Ooo, I've yet to do the 24/7 thing. And for a whole week? How exciting!

Hope you enjoy your outing. Looking forward to the follow up report.

Charlotte7
11-16-2018, 09:50 AM
Have a great time Helen.

Krisi
11-16-2018, 09:51 AM
Enjoy yourself!

Eemz
11-16-2018, 03:35 PM
Have a great time Helen, I'll see you in Manchester :)

Helen_Highwater
11-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Thanks all, I intend to make the most of my time.

That said the point of the post is that even for those of us who have been out and about many times there will almost certainly be those moments were we experience those little demons whispering in our ears that the mob is hiding around the corner just waiting to pounce as we sally forth. Having experienced these moments of doubt on previous occasions I feel justified in my support of those teetering on the brink of going out and saying to them, just do it.

I suppose I could have titled this post Ground Hog Day. The re-living of past experiences. It's true I can draw on those experiences and quickly move on but for anyone who espouses the virtue of getting out there we all need to remember that moment that took us from within four walls to flying free.

Lana Mae
11-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Good for you! 24/7! Best wishes for a great time! I would join you but a long way and no money! I would love to take a tour of Great Britain and meet all of you ladies! Hugs Lana Mae

Beverley Sims
11-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Helen,
I will be following you all the way, and giving encouragement.

It has been a long time coming.

Glenda58
11-16-2018, 08:53 PM
Sounds like a great time wish I could join you.

DIANEF
11-16-2018, 09:24 PM
Helen, I agree (well in my case anyway), that even after many trips out you can still get butterflies as you go to open the car door. Hope you have a great time in fabulous Manchester!!

t-girlxsophie
11-16-2018, 10:33 PM
Have a great time Helen,I loved my trips to Manchester, a very accepting city, hope to hear all about it

Sophie

Jamie Christopher
11-17-2018, 12:04 AM
You go girl! I do!

Jamie

Georgia K
11-17-2018, 12:23 AM
I've been to Manchester twice on my travels to the UK its a beautiful city . Have fun

suzanne
11-17-2018, 02:04 AM
I feel bad for you, getting out so infrequently that each time makes you feel as if you're back at square one. I hope that situation improves for you, because it's a wonderful world out there when seen through liberated eyes, free of the apprehensions of the closeted. Good luck with future outings.

kimdl93
11-17-2018, 08:26 AM
Enjoy your time. It will be well spent, whatever you do.

Karen RHT
11-17-2018, 08:32 AM
Get out there and enjoy Helen.

Karen

ChrisP
11-17-2018, 10:41 AM
Helen,

I applaud you for doing this, and I also recognize the courage it takes for someone like us to do it.
I hope it's a wonderfully memorable week.
Enjoy!
Chris

alwayshave
11-17-2018, 11:39 AM
Helen, I do wish you luck. Sounds like it will be a great week.

Helen_Highwater
11-18-2018, 12:48 PM
Thank you all for those kind words of encouragement.

So now I'm 24 hours in. Arrived last night at my home for the week at around 16:30. Unpacked the 3 bags and 2 boxes(shoes and boots) and proceeded to put the drab me away. It was while unpacking that it dawned on me I'd left my best forms at home. Fortunately I'd also packed an old pair so I haven't gone flat chested thank goodness. What a muppet I am at times!!!

So from the ground up; brown over the knee flat boots over nude tights. Knee length denim skirt, blue and white vee necked sweater, slap on and shoulder length brown wig.

As predicted ended up in the supermarket car park initially phoning home. Call over I thought no messing about here, so out, grab a shopping trolly and head from the door. I must admit I surprised myself just how calm and unfazed I felt. Prowled the aisles sorting out supplies for the next day or so, chatted to a very nice young man on the tills and that was that, job done.

I did have a first for me. Nothing earth shattering but with time marching on I didn't fancy cooking myself anything so I called into a chippy for scampi and chips(fries). Just another bit of normality added to the list.

This morning the sunwas shining, blue sky wall to wall and good walking country right on my doorstep. So I forwent going femme and headed out in drab for a few hours of fresh air and exercise. Back in time for lunch and to go enfemme. I'd also forgotten my 2 pairs of 1 lens glasses.

Let me explain: being long sighted when putting on things such as false eyelashes with out optical correction I've got no chance of doing it right. So I bought 2 pairs of cheap metal framed specs and cut out the left lens in one pair, the right in the other. Hence putting on my left eyelash I wear the right lensed pair and visa versa. It's the same for doing eyebrows.

So a shop selling cheap glasses needed to be found as well as a few things from Boots so dressed off I went for the afternoon.

Now back to base. Cook some tea, sit and watch Dr Who and think about what's to come tomorrow. New shoes to be collected in store.

Helena
11-18-2018, 07:34 PM
Helen it sounds lovely first day. I like the normality of supermarket shopping et al. Must add fish and chips to the list for the future. I have done some short walks en femme, mainly bagging little hillocks and County tops, which weren't very busy. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Anne E
11-18-2018, 10:52 PM
Good luck, Helen. Have a wonderful week!

Anne

Teresa
11-19-2018, 09:33 AM
Helen,
By the end of the stint of freedom I'm sure not much will be off limits this time , it really does get easier and easier .

I do recall that muppet last time forgot the forms , what a shame you can't leave home dressed so that problem doesn't arise .

I'm wondering for the next time if drab will be left entirely at home ? Lets just watch this space !

The important thing is enjoy your time and I hope the sun keeps out for you .