PDA

View Full Version : En Femme for thanksgiving

Macey
11-22-2018, 06:24 AM
Thought about whether or not I should like to be dressed en femme for thanksgiving. Yes, I suppose I would like that. Our gathering is small. Just my wife and I, our adult son (who knows and is totally cool), and my mom, who doesn't know.

I have not told my mom, and I don't intend to. I *know* that regardless of her reaction and thoughts about it (and I'm not sure if she'd be okay, or struggle with it), that she loves me and would keep right on loving me regardless. However, she is in her eighties and I think it would be grossly unfair to do that to her at her age, let alone springing it on her over a nice, quiet thanksgiving dinner.

No matter, I am just as happy 'in drab' as I am in a dress and will be thrilled to enjoy the day sequestered in the bosom or my family (no pun intended, lol).

So for those of us that don't live en femme 24/7, what're your plans for the day? Dressing or not dressing? Are you HAVING dressing or no dressing (BAD pun intended)?

kimdl93
11-22-2018, 07:54 AM
I am making dressing and will be dressed for the day. (Right now I’m in some warm flannel jammies)

cdinmd206
11-22-2018, 07:57 AM
My family always had a big Thanksgiving dinner at our parents house, Three years ago my mom had a major stroke and is now in a nursing home full time and my dad is 98 years old, but still lives at home. I pick up dad and we kidnap mom from nursing home and met my brother, his wife and two kids and their kids and have Thanksgiving dinner at a local restaurant. My family does not know I have two different set of clothes, so I will be content to fully under dressed.

Linda E. Woodworth
11-22-2018, 08:44 AM
Quite dinner at home for just my wife and I.

She's stressed from spending the last week cleaning out the family homestead. Her mother is in a Nursing Home and will never return.

I'm fully dressed from the neck down having just finished my morning workout in leotard and hose. I threw a skirt and blouse on to make breakfast.

Bottom line, I'll be in male mode for most if not all of the day.

Beverley Sims
11-22-2018, 09:05 AM
Most of my Thanksgivings have been spent on AMTRAK, this year it will be special a small turkey at home.

It will be special as it is not in the U.S.

ElianaFrozenflame
11-22-2018, 09:11 AM
Fully dressed this morning. We live quite the distance from most relatives, so only my son will be coming over. He knows, is fine with it, but I don't flaunt it in front of him. I'll be under-dressed in drab while he is here.

Macey
11-22-2018, 09:16 AM
Beverley, sounds like a little slice of heaven!

Kim, you're a lucky woman :)

Danielle, glad the family can still be together! We've Thanksgiving at a restaurant once or twice before … takes its own kind of coordination!

Linda, I'll have you and yours in my thoughts.

Eliana, warm wishes to you and your small gathering!

Speaking of underdressing, out in the cold this morning to purchase some final possibles. With my leg hair gone, the panty hose wasn't a desire, but a welcome additional layer!

Enjoy!

Danielle_cder
11-22-2018, 09:23 AM
Umm no. Will not be dressed for thanksgiving.

Richelle423
11-22-2018, 09:35 AM
I plan on wearing leggings cozi boots and a sweater/ sweatshirt

Sherrii
11-22-2018, 09:44 AM
Well maybe you could underdress? Sherrii

Macey
11-22-2018, 11:21 AM
Sherrii, pantyhose in place … check!

alwayshave
11-22-2018, 01:04 PM
House full of women other than my corgi, but sadly, no.

docrobbysherry
11-22-2018, 01:30 PM
Like u, Macey, I also will be dressed today!:)

In drab!:heehee:

Besides the shock factor to the 20 of 25 people there that don't know I dress? This should be a day of family, friends and thanks. Not shocks and "look at me"! Besides, why would I want gravy, cranberry sauce, etc. all over one of my nice dresses!?:doh:

Tina June
11-22-2018, 03:17 PM
As I type this I am with some of my wife's family for Thanksgiving - fully dressed in a casual style (no more than any of the other girls). For the most part, this is the first time that they have seen me dressed. All is going well. The turkey will be done soon and we will all be stuffing ourselves!
I know what I am thankful for.

Macey
11-22-2018, 05:51 PM
Tina, I definitely want to hear the post on this after the evening is over

Bobbi46
11-22-2018, 06:35 PM
Possibly, I dress everyday at home, friends and family to celebrate with? no just me just the same as on Christmas day as it has been for the last 5 years since my wife dumped me.I will be on my own. If my kids ring me up on Christmas day it will be a miracle!

Lydianne
11-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Besides, why would I want gravy, cranberry sauce, etc. all over one of my nice dresses!?:doh:

In the unfortunate event that this happens, just do what this (https://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?261109-I-love-this-time-of-year&p=4297625&viewfull=1#post4297625) person suggested to get everything cleaned up! ;)

I hope you're all having a happy Thanksgiving holiday weekend!
- Lydianne.

Nikki A.
11-23-2018, 03:16 PM
Would have liked to but it was just me and my son. Sweatpants and polo shirt to cook in and lots of football on tv.

Macey
11-23-2018, 03:25 PM
If you're out with your son, it still could've been casual girly clothes and lots of football :)

Nikki A.
11-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Macey, I'm out to a lot of people but I have not said anything to my kids. I want to tell my daughter first and then my son. Both are really good kids, but they already lost their mother at a relatively young age (HS) and I don't want them to thing that they'll lose their dad.

Macey
11-24-2018, 03:56 PM
Good call Nikki! Hopefully in time, but I suspect they'll love you no matter what.

lingerieLiz
11-24-2018, 09:55 PM
Wore all fem as did all the women. jeans, top, boots, it was cold