PDA

View Full Version : ebay addiction

pammiecd
03-20-2006, 06:54 PM
I just started shopping on ebay, and I can't stop. They have everything! and it's so easy. I must set a budget before I go broke!

Teresa Amina
03-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Love eBay, certainly the low stress/high satisfaction way to buy things you might be a little to shy to walk into a shop and get. Great prices for things like breastforms and lingerie. But be aware that some sellers are a little vague or just plain wrong in their descriptions of things. Lots of fun, but set your priorities and make sure it's something you really can afford.

Alexandria
03-20-2006, 08:19 PM
It's fantastic, but be very careful. Lately I've caught two eBay sellers creating false accounts to drive up the bids, sometimes if they bid a little too high, they offer a "second chance" so you may buy the item for more than what you wished to pay.

Jesse69
03-20-2006, 11:59 PM
I have an ebay addiction of buying beatiful skirt suits. Then I also look for cheerleader & schoolgirl outfits.

tammie
03-21-2006, 12:44 AM
HI Everyone: Yes ebay is great and I have enjoyed some great bargains there. Not just something for less money, but some things that R not available anymore. Having said that now let me warn U of a few things. Yes there R dishonorable dealers that will use shills to bid things up, especially if they know CDers R bidding on something. Also there is one in particular who will always over estimate the sizes to get more men bidding on slips. He is
(B B boo 7 11). He has sold me slips 3 times now that were supposed to be size 42 only to be about size 38. Once could be an accident, 2 a coincidense but 3 times is fraud. I realize I Am accusing him of dishonesty, but that is what happened to me, "just the facts maam". And no refunds or exchanges.

I now deal with sellers who must have a very high rating of feedback. I also got burned by a seller who described a RR pocket watch as pristine and it had a bent winding stem. He would not make any restitution, just immediatelay branded me a trouble maker for havig the timerity to call him out about his dishonest practice. Otherwise the watch would not have brought $600.

I have had many many other dealings with so many wonderful sellers I have to say I will always be a shopper. It is good to know your size and have a limit and not get into that bidding mindset where U go past a reasonsable price. Also my philosophy is " get rid of one buy one" I will not get something without I throw out something as worn or give it away or sell it before I go shopping otherwise I would have no room for anything else.

Alexandria
03-21-2006, 01:40 AM
Mmm, one MAJOR problem with eBay that I didn't mention is that shipping costs adds up, and obviously the postman tends to get frusterated knocking on my door every day to deliver packages. But it's definatly a good way to find the rare items.

I myself decided to hold off on eBay for at least a few months, I've spent way too much money on there already.

Sarah Rabbit
03-21-2006, 04:47 AM
It's fantastic, but be very careful. Lately I've caught two eBay sellers creating false accounts to drive up the bids, sometimes if they bid a little too high, they offer a "second chance" so you may buy the item for more than what you wished to pay.

Exactly, I almost got stung like that before. Just take note of their feedback. That is usaully a good indicator of the people you are dealing with

Regards, Sarah R. :bunny: