PDA

View Full Version : Standing like a girl

Carolina
11-24-2018, 10:08 AM
Yesterday we attended a large posh cocktail party where many friends were present. I would have loved to be able to wear a long gown like most of the ladies, but had to be stuck with my boring men’s suit. At the end of the party my wife told me “you stand like a girl!”. I was about to take it as a compliment and thank her, but thought better of it... It seems I’ve been crossing my legs while standing up and talking to different people. It seems guys don’t do that. Oh well, guilty as charged! I guess the real me may be taking over more and more often... :daydreaming:

I was wearing stockings, long nails and pink manicured toenails, all properly hidden. Didn’t think of my posture, but I liked it!!:D

Dede_M
11-24-2018, 10:12 AM
I catch myself doing the same, nobody's ever mentioned it though!

Teresa
11-24-2018, 10:26 AM
Carolina,
You reminded me of an incident in a builder's merchant .
I was looking down the racks dressed very scruffily with hands on my hips , the sales guy who I'd known for years shouted across, "you look like a right teapot standing like that !", so I shouted back , "thanks best bone china with pink flowers on !"

Macey
11-24-2018, 10:32 AM
I stand a little fem and walk a little fem at work. It's good practice and NO one notices. Also, I am thinking it may be a good gauge for if my 'tells' are starting to show. If ever I catch a sidelong glimpse, or if anyone mentions it, I'll have mixed emotions of "Cool! I must be doing this right!" And "Whoa, time to tone it down just a little." Lol

Alisonforme
11-24-2018, 12:50 PM
I do this often too, and always have. Even before I really tapped into my femme side. Now when I catch myself doing it I enjoy a little inside smile to myself.

Karmen
11-24-2018, 12:50 PM
I often do that too. Sitting or standing up. I have been teased for that by my friends a few times too, but I think they don't know about my crossdressing. It was just a guy thing, teasing each other sometimes.

Happygirl!
11-24-2018, 01:00 PM
My wife used to tease me about flicking my pinky up while holding a cup. It just felt right. She is also accepting of my CDing.

sometimes_miss
11-24-2018, 01:04 PM
When young, I used to practice sitting and standing like the girls did. When someone mentioned it, I became very self conscious about it, and stopped. It was all in preparation for when my body got fixed and I finally became the girl that I thought I was going to be. I didn't want anyone to know.
So I went the other way, and when in public, simply act the part of a 'general issue' male. Standing, moving, doing everything I could to give off the appearance of a typical masculine man.

AnnieMac
11-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Interesting, I am very natural at sitting and crossing my legs while in a skirt or dress. Seems to come naturally to me.
Standing with my legs slightly crossed with one foot slightly in front, I find looks very elegant and female, but is less natural
for me to do, even when nicely tucked. Oh well some things take practice. I find walking in 3-heels very easy and natural as well.
The higher ones take a little effort, as I am sure most GGs may tell us as well. - love, Annie

alwayshave
11-24-2018, 02:45 PM
I have some mannerism that are feminine. The way I stand, sometimes walk.

LeannS
11-24-2018, 04:16 PM
depends if my wife is watching or not lol

stephenie3756
11-24-2018, 04:41 PM
I find myself walking at work like a model on the runway - one foot directly in front of the other, like I am walking a balance beam.

Carolina- I hear you on seeing your friends wearing long gowns and wanting to be dressed like them. My company's christmast party is where I spend the evening looking at all the great dresses and gown and wishing I was dressed like them instead of my boring men's suit. Same goes for weddings.

BLUE ORCHID
11-24-2018, 06:01 PM
Hi Carolina :hugs:, My:love:Wife will say that my nails are starting to look girly,

I thank her and she says, "That was not a Compliment ! " >>>>>>>>Orchid ..+:daydreaming:+..

biancabellelover
11-24-2018, 06:16 PM
(I’m probably not going to make any friends by saying this, but...)

Twice made was the comment “boring men’s suit”. My tip would be to buy a better suit! We all love dressing in beautiful female clothing, but that doesn’t mean we can’t wear stylish menswear when we present as male.

Just saying,

Michelle

jazmine
11-25-2018, 06:25 AM
Me too Carolina. I've always noticed that about myself, ever since I was a kid. I could never just stand like a guy. I tried to consciously change my stance, but always found myself unconsciously reverting back.

Stacy Darling
11-25-2018, 07:08 AM
Standing like a Girl is quite a challenge,
Embracing your inner beauty may be the answer?
Stacy!

Beverley Sims
11-25-2018, 07:14 AM
I have practiced those mannerisms for years and no one has picked me for it.

Karine
11-25-2018, 12:39 PM
Hi,

For me, having girly, smooth mannerism was and still be a quite a challenge. Not natural at all.
But, now, in a few occasions, I surprised myself having unconscious woman gesture like the way I stand or the way I move my hands (holding my ciagrette for example).
No one noticed, but since I don't really want that somebody, especially at work, know that I am a crossdresser I try to pay attention.

Karine.

Robertacd
11-25-2018, 03:26 PM
I often put my hands on my hips like my mom always did. One time in DRAB standing in line at a fast food place that way I noticed a girl working in the kitchen was looking right at me. When she saw me see her, she put her hands on her hips, did a little girly wiggle, smiled at me and went back to work.

MiniRock
11-25-2018, 03:51 PM
My tip would be to buy a better suit!

Michelle

Totaliy agree Michelle. A man needs to be anything but boring to carry a suit well. Probably helps to make an impression in a frock too.

ElianaFrozenflame
11-25-2018, 04:24 PM
but that doesn’t mean we can’t wear stylish menswear when we present as male.

Well said, Michelle. As a crossdresser, I can appreciate feeling that most women take for granted what they are able to wear. I would say the converse is true, of men as well.

Krisi
11-26-2018, 09:21 AM
(I’m probably not going to make any friends by saying this, but...)

Twice made was the comment “boring men’s suit”. My tip would be to buy a better suit! We all love dressing in beautiful female clothing, but that doesn’t mean we can’t wear stylish menswear when we present as male.

Just saying,

Michelle

Yes. We are as boring as we choose to be. When I was working I used to wear matching suspenders and ties. They came as a set.

DanielleCD
11-27-2018, 10:02 AM
I will sit and sometimes walk in a feminine manner... not overtly but I notice I do. and that is fine.

DaisyLawrence
11-27-2018, 10:13 AM
Yep I stand cross legged all the time (not just when I need a pee). Standing and walking like a muscle bound Neanderthal shouts MAN more than any clothing choice. :)

Asew
11-27-2018, 04:35 PM
I got the opposite the other night. I was at the girlz night out and was called out for "standing at attention". I guess I should work on it a bit more :)

Becky Blue
11-27-2018, 07:49 PM
I recently found a picture taken on a school tour, I was 15. In the picture I was with 4 friends on a beach. I had to LOL at myself... the 4 guys are all standing like alpha males their chests thrust out, their legs apart there arms away from their bodies. Then there is me, arms at my side, I have turned slightly away from the camera and my one foot is sort of behind the other, making my legs slightly crossed in a very feminine stance. The funny part is this is years before Becky emerged.

Carolina
12-01-2018, 01:20 PM
Now I also find myself sitting with my legs crossed in a feminine manner more often than not. I find myself looking at the other guys in the meeting rooms to check how they sit and try to imitate them to avoid being too feminine at work! Isn’t that a bit much? I’ve lived all my life as a guy but since Carolina is coming out more and more (not just the clothes) I have to be more careful around the office!:brolleyes: