PDA

View Full Version : Almost An Adventure

Holly
03-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Last Saturday, I went to a drag show in a city about an hour from where I live. My wife and a couple of friends were with me. I was the only one dressed. The show was okay. On the way home, we came upon a sobriety checkpoint. While we were in line waiting our turn, my wife got out the registration and insurance certificate from the glove box (why are there never any gloves in the glove box?) and I got my license out of my purse. I was kinda excited about interacting with the CHP (California Highway Patrol). It turns out that they were stopping every fifth car... we were number four. But as we were waved through the checkpoint, I did wink at the officer ;) . Maybe next time!

trannie T
03-20-2006, 10:45 PM
I got stopped at a checkpoint once when I was dressed. The officer did not say anything about my clothing or makeup, he was only concerned about whether or not I had been drinking.
:cheers:

HaleyPink2000
03-25-2006, 08:43 PM
I feel it is wrong to stop people for Seat belt checks. I pay their pay checks and I want to go to work or where ever I need to get there. It's a Nazi tactic to stop people. Hate it. I have to find the insurance card etc. thats not a good feeling to have to stop for them. Like we are all criminals or something.

As for winking at the Cop. thats a NO NO here in Illinois. Noooooooo They could find all kinds of things to lock you up for here. This State is driven on tickets the cops hand out. It's a real racket here. Makes the State loads of Money a year. I got it for 24 in a 20, 2 years ago. And then 28 years ago for 66 in a 55, I was doing 58 my kids were watching. The Cops Tuning fork was set for 66. It's what is called being tuning forked and can't do anything but pay the ticket. Natzi Like I said.

Love your story Hun!

GypsyKaren
03-25-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi Holly

I've never had to deal with the police yet as Karen, should be kinda fun though. I do carry a letter from my tranny doc explaining about me, I think that's something all of us who go out should have with them at all times. So, did you all have a good time?

Karen

sherri
03-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Hmmmm ... I'm looking in my yellow pages for "tranny doc" ...

:)

Jodi
03-26-2006, 11:41 AM
Haley, you are entitled to your opinions on seatbelts, but I never get in a car without fastening my seatbelt. I spent a career in healthcare working rehabilitation. I worked with the aftermath of human stupidity. Many of my patients were there because they did not use seatbelts. I was paid very well to work with these people, and because of their stupidity on not using seatbelts, I never had a shortage of patient clientel. The ones that really angered me were the severely injured young children who had been tossed around or out of the car while not being properly restrained by parents.

Jodi

Joy Carter
03-26-2006, 11:56 AM
Jodi you are right about seatbelts, I read a story on the net about an anti seatbelt mouth piece that was ejected from the car and killed in a role-over when the other two occupants with seatbelts in the car walked away. She's totaly right about injuries seen in the ER from accidents that is a large amount of the type of treatment they see. And failure to be restrained in an accident escaltes that number.

Shelly Preston
03-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi Holly

You winked at the cop

What did your wife say about you trying to pull a cop ???

Maureen Henley
03-26-2006, 12:39 PM
Although we're straying a bit from the topic of this thread, I want to pitch in my 3 cents worth.

Re: seat belts - I decided when I began to learn to drive (1969) that I was going to wear my seat belt. Before I turned 18, it allowed me to walk away from an accident involving hitting a rock face, and flipping over at 60+ mph.

I have documented over 200,000 miles on motorcycles, and maybe 300 of them without a helmet. Yet, I spent two legislative sessions with ABATE fighting the helmet law in Maryland.

I believe they are both personal choice issues. Stupid choices, but still personal choices.

Insofar as sobriety checkpoints are concerned, 25-40% of all fatal crashes involve an impaired driver. Sadly, the victivm is more often an innocent motorist or pedestrian, NOT the impaired driver. I won't b**ch about those checkpoints since the perpatrators sought hurt and kill others.
Friends don't let friends drive drunk...or wear pink with red.

randi_789
03-26-2006, 03:15 PM
I can't think of a word to describe anyone who doesn't wear a seatbelt, wear a helmet when on a motorcycle or even a bicycle, or anyone who talks on a cell phone while driving. Total disregard for themselves and others.

Oh yeah, the word is stupid.

Jennaie
03-26-2006, 03:35 PM
What is it about being dressed En-femme that makes us want to wink at a man. I have never done this but the desire is so tempting. I think it is so cute that you did this and got away with it.

As for seat belts, I always wear one. But I do think that the law is unconstitutional. How is it that a cop can get off a motorcycle "which has no seat belt" and is considered a much more dangerous vechicle than a sedan and proceed to write me a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt.

I believe that either the seat belt laws are unconstitutional and should be negated, or motorcycles should be outlawed.

Kimberley
03-26-2006, 10:26 PM
Seatbelts, impaired driving check points, anything like that is fine with me.

Seatbelts have saved this cute patooty a few times thank you. Not once my fault either... Last one was a drunk driver who rear ended my stopped Grand Am from 50mph. I walked away but my daughter had to be cut out of the car and taken to hospital. The drunk? A 2 year suspension outside of working hours because he was a mechanic and needed to test drive cars. This was his third conviction. What is wrong with the courts?

DUI Checks? Not enough of them!!!