PDA

View Full Version : Female style leggings are finally being made for men! - and I love them!

sarahlove
12-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Been lurking here for years. Firmly in the closet - but thank fully the closet is getting a lot bigger. Thought I would share something that others would enjoy - especially for those who can't go out in fem clothes....

I always hoped in my life - that I would see the clothing options between genders break down. In the Uk we are starting to see this happen to an extent. It finally happened - and we are seeing companies make female style - leggings but for guys.

Men’s leggings have always been really tough and course and not soft at all. One of the guys in our local running club has started wearing running tights by a company called sundried.com.

I bought a pair for myself and my cousin who runs with me and they are incredible and so soft to wear. I compared them to one of the girls running leggings and they were the same - in fact mine were softer and she wanted a pair too ! I wore them for a run outside and they were so comfortable that I pretty much forgot they were there ( unless I looked down at my legs)
. We all even went out for coffee afterwards - and it was so nice being with a group of people - and me wearing the same leggings at the girls - it made me feel so feminine - and it is a really special memory that I plan to repeat. I spent the rest of the day in them. I can totally see why women wear them everywhere!

Here is a link to these incredible leggings - which I hope you will all support - and make popular so that they continue to make them. ( they have just been removed from their website for some reason!) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Performance-Training-Tights-Sports-Sundried/dp/B06XVSL1LF

So for all of you out there - take up running, cycling or yoga and pick yourself up a pair of these! It feels great to be at a forefront of a revolution on what people can wear what they want and I hope you all support those by tweeting and sharing these sorts of products and saying how good Mens leggings / running tights are.

I plan on writing a review at some stage in next month once I have worn them a month

KatrinaK
12-02-2018, 03:10 PM
I run in men’s compression tights everyday, and I love them too. Just bought some men’s yoga pants (skin tight) for yoga as well. Its one of my daily things I do to make myself feel more feminine.

Rogina B
12-02-2018, 03:16 PM
You may find that high rise leggings are most comfortable...with the high waist,they stay up...

Rileyaz
12-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Katrina,
Where did you get your yoga pants?
Riley

Beverley Sims
12-02-2018, 08:36 PM
For me, it's gott'a be made for women for me to wear it.

Just a fetish I have. :-)

Crissy 107
12-02-2018, 09:19 PM
Funny thing is if we were talking about panties made for men I would be totally agreeing with Beverley but these leggings look pretty good.

JaytoJillian
12-02-2018, 10:46 PM
I run in men’s compression tights everyday, and I love them too. Just bought some men’s yoga pants (skin tight) for yoga as well. Its one of my daily things I do to make myself feel more feminine.

"Zactly!" I love my compression tights--under armour is my fave brand, but I also have some made by reebok and nike

Rachelakld
12-02-2018, 11:24 PM
Sorry, if they ain't pretty, the men can keep them.
Besides, apart from a pouch, they look the same as the boring black females.

Sometimes Steffi
12-02-2018, 11:42 PM
I've been doing yoga for over 10 years now, and I still try to go 3 times a week. About 2 years ago, I got my first pair of women's yoga leggings, and started wearing them at yoga classes. I got such a positive response from the other GG students and the GG instructors that I kept buying more leggings and wearing them to class. I must have about 2 dozen by now, and I usually pair my leggings with tank tops or racerback tops. I don't go for the black ones. All of mine are floral, tribal, color blocked or otherwise in multiple colors. Many times, I an the most feminine student in class.

HollyGreene
12-03-2018, 12:36 AM
I buy women's leggings from Primark. They're not "compression" - just regular leggings, but I don't really know the benefits of compression ones.
Anyway, they fit really well and even come in extra long for taller people.
They are really soft, but hard wearing too.
The best bit for me is that they are only £2.50 a pair.

kayla_bayarea
12-03-2018, 04:40 AM
I don't get the point at all. Just buy women's leggings. If you're worried that people will recognize them as women's leggings why would you buy "female style" leggings made for men? People would think those are women's leggings anyway so you should have just bought...women's leggings!

The market is already flooded with too many companies making leggings so you should just buy from a company that has specialized in making them for a while. In fact a company called Werkshop who makes high quality leggings consider all of their full length ones to be unisex:
https://www.werkshop.com/pages/size_guide

Charlotte7
12-03-2018, 06:55 AM
...It finally happened - and we are seeing companies make female style - leggings but for guys...

Which may or may not be a good thing generally, but with this kind of thing and each to their own, if I want female style leggings, then I want female leggings. I have no great interest in wearing a kilt for the same reason.

Angela Marie
12-03-2018, 07:08 AM
I have been wearing running tights for years. Because of my smallish frame I wear women, mostly lullemon. I have a few other brands also. They are soft, comfortable, and provide great support. The women at my gym always compliment me on my choice. I really don't think there is much difference between mens and womens.

Stacy Darling
12-03-2018, 07:34 AM
Lightinthebox.com Flare leg Yoga pants!

Not so durable, yet like a glove with a flared lower calf, very revealing though!!!
Stacy!

sarahlove
12-03-2018, 09:14 AM
Hi Kayla . I wasn’t expecting my post to be controversial but I guess that some people are saying why not just wear women’s leggings which is a point but won’t help to further our cause. Having a source like this on amazon means that those of us with partners can also purchase without letting it slip as the advert says they are designed for men ( and are engineered for men too )

If we just wear women’s leggings then we will just be rolled into an already massive market and things won’t change.

On the other hand if we support, buy and give good reviews to those products and stores that are making these things - then the benefit would be that we we see them promote these products and more importantly invest in making quality versions. There are a lot of us lurking out there in the world and very few opportunities to actually let our voice be heard.

Thanks for commenting on this !

docrobbysherry
12-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Your "cause", sara, not mine! Leggings aren't my fetish. So, I could care less who does or doesn't wear them!:heehee:

Let me know when they start offering therm in pink, yellow, red, and Easter green! Otherwise, what's the point?:straightface:

Vicky_Scot
12-03-2018, 12:21 PM
I buy women's leggings from Primark. They're not "compression" - just regular leggings, but I don't really know the benefits of compression ones.
Anyway, they fit really well and even come in extra long for taller people.
They are really soft, but hard wearing too.
The best bit for me is that they are only £2.50 a pair.

Holly I am with you on that sister. I buy all my leggings from the same place and wear them around the house. The extra long are great as I am 6' 2"

KatrinaK
12-03-2018, 01:09 PM
Katrina,
Where did you get your yoga pants?
Riley

aloyoga.com and onzie.com

- - - Updated - - -

If you're actually doing yoga in them or running or working out in them, the mens ones accommodate a slightly more discreet groin area with an extra lining. Otherwise you can see everything. I don't think tucking and doing yoga go well together (unless you really want to hurt yourself)

Yoga pants actually serve a purpose beyond a fashion statement.

I don't get the point at all. Just buy women's leggings. If you're worried that people will recognize them as women's leggings why would you buy "female style" leggings made for men? People would think those are women's leggings anyway so you should have just bought...women's leggings!

The market is already flooded with too many companies making leggings so you should just buy from a company that has specialized in making them for a while. In fact a company called Werkshop who makes high quality leggings consider all of their full length ones to be unisex:
https://www.werkshop.com/pages/size_guide

sarahlove
12-03-2018, 03:59 PM
aloyoga.com and onzie.com

- - - Updated - - -

If you're actually doing yoga in them or running or working out in them, the mens ones accommodate a slightly more discreet groin area with an extra lining. Otherwise you can see everything. I don't think tucking and doing yoga go well together (unless you really want to hurt yourself)

Yoga pants actually serve a purpose beyond a fashion statement.

I completely agree - I think it makes a big difference, it was quite strange to wear them for the first time out - but after I was used to them more - I really noticed a great improvement in my ability to run. Can't wait to try them out for yoga.

Sometimes Steffi
12-03-2018, 10:52 PM
I buy most of my yoga pants locally: Kohl's, Macy's, Marshall's, Target, Sports Authority (before they went out of business), Sears, and, ebay, of course.

icantwait24
12-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Amen. Finally I am able to do that as well.

Robertacd
12-03-2018, 11:42 PM
The look like spandex cycling leggings that have been around for decades, what's the big deal?

Patience
12-04-2018, 12:14 AM
No.

I liked to wear leggings because they were so feminine.

I may have to stop wearing them now. It’s not fun if everybody can wear them.

kayla_bayarea
12-04-2018, 05:10 AM
Hi Kayla . I wasn’t expecting my post to be controversial but I guess that some people are saying why not just wear women’s leggings which is a point but won’t help to further our cause. Having a source like this on amazon means that those of us with partners can also purchase without letting it slip as the advert says they are designed for men ( and are engineered for men too )

If we just wear women’s leggings then we will just be rolled into an already massive market and things won’t change.

On the other hand if we support, buy and give good reviews to those products and stores that are making these things - then the benefit would be that we we see them promote these products and more importantly invest in making quality versions. There are a lot of us lurking out there in the world and very few opportunities to actually let our voice be heard.

Thanks for commenting on this !

Sarah, I'm just confused why you feel those leggings are at all significant? If they are designed with male anatomy in mind then how are "female style"? Maybe if you explained what you mean by female style?? Those just look like generic tights that men have been wearing for many years. Like I mentioned earlier, companies have already been making leggings that they market as unisex.

Like Katrina mentioned, I buy my leggings for actual fit and function. I don't buy the crappy versions made by fashion brands but instead by ones that are designed with female athletes in mind. These brands include Alala, Michi, Koral, Lucas Hugh, Beyond Yoga, and some other ones I have. I don't buy Lululemon anymore because they just manufacture in whatever factory is the absolute cheapest (they actually used to be made in Vancouver).

Again, I am really perplexed by the cause you are taking up. The leggings you linked to do not have mesh cutouts, feminine prints, or otherwise anything feminine to them. I just do not follow your logic at all about being lumped into the mass market. Oh well, just enjoy them.

Krisi
12-04-2018, 07:43 AM
Why not just women's leggings? What's the difference?

Krea
12-04-2018, 08:03 AM
Leggings are a good choice for someone who wants to stick a (metaphorical) leg out of the closet. I doubt if anyone would notice the difference now if you just wore womens ones instead. :thumbsup:
I always buy womens leggings. The colours/designs are amazing and the smaller sizes actually fit me. I now wear mine on-site when we go away in our motorhome (RV). I started off with plain black ones, but now have some vivid designs. I get a few snooty looks but who cares, it has done my confidence a lot of good. :)

Elizabeth G
12-04-2018, 10:54 AM
No.

I liked to wear leggings because they were so feminine.

I may have to stop wearing them now. It’s not fun if everybody can wear them.

What she said.

Andrea Chenowith
12-04-2018, 01:18 PM

This exactly!!

I've been out of work since June - bad situation, left the job because it was terribly unhealthy - and I've finally depleted my reserves. Needing money, I picked up a job with Amazon. On the second day, I decided to say screw it and wear my leggings because they're more comfortable than jeans. I was nervous that someone would say something, but at the same time I am confident enough to not care.

Guess what. Someone DID say something. A woman on our crew came up and asked me where I got my tights, because she wanted a pair.

So go with it.

Jodi
12-04-2018, 03:18 PM
I was wearing femme leggings, ie stirrup pants, for running 30 years ago. The only comments I got were from women on how shapely my muscular legs looked in leggings

Jodi

RainbowDash
12-04-2018, 06:03 PM
For me, it's gott'a be made for women for me to wear it.

Just a fetish I have. :-)

I'm totally with Beverly on this. In order to me to really unleash my feminine side, I need to wear things that are designed for women, not men. I actually have 2 pairs of women's leggings and am completely satisfied with both of them.

Kiwi Primrose
12-05-2018, 03:24 AM
I have worn leggings for years and wouldn't consider "men's" tights because I dislike the cut. I have to have a smooth front.

Rachelish
12-05-2018, 07:54 AM
They seem like the kind of thing I would have bought a couple of years ago as a 'legitimate' way to be almost crossdressing. As quoted from one review: "... it's more of a pair of universal leggings that in my mind a girl would wear." If I bought them now it would be for practical purposes as I've just taken up running.

I have a quite a few pairs of female leggings/jeggings which I wear around the house quite openly without much eyebrow raising and I don't think these would be seen any differently.

Angela Marie
12-05-2018, 01:39 PM
I have one pair of lululemon mens leggings; all my other lulu lemons are women's. I really don't see any difference other than the women's have many more different types of patterns. I have about 15 lululemons and about 20-25 others. Not only are they good for exercise but really much more comfortable than jeans which is why I always wear them around the house.

Lululover
12-05-2018, 02:59 PM
I'm also a big Lululemon fan.Athleta being a close second.I wear my leggings out to run errands on the weekends. I do get some weird looks. Like a previous post stated, "it's as close as you can get to sticking your toe out of the closet".
The difference I noticed between mens and women's is the butt in women's has a seam and mens typically don't.
I love the definition in the butt! So I would never wear mens.

erin8042
12-05-2018, 08:03 PM
My 2 Cents, I think the point is that if you buy "Mens Leggings" or tights you should be able to pass it past the wife or others (because they are mens afterall). I have a bunch of mens thongs, because they are "mens" i can get them past the wife. They certainly did help with wanting to wear panties all the time.

Please be kind to us folks who can't go out dressed, and can't share this wonderful experience with the our other friends!

Gypsy Sam
12-05-2018, 08:41 PM
Took me awhile to realize your not talking about wearing tights under jeans, but actually presenting the bottom half of your body in just tights. What is perceived as football pants is what a closeted CDer might be willing to wear publicly. I admire those who present in female tights with out trepidation, or suffer the scorn of the general public. Female tights is not what you see men wearing while shopping at the Home Depot.

sarahlove
12-06-2018, 10:00 AM
My 2 Cents, I think the point is that if you buy "Mens Leggings" or tights you should be able to pass it past the wife or others (because they are mens afterall). I have a bunch of mens thongs, because they are "mens" i can get them past the wife. They certainly did help with wanting to wear panties all the time.

Please be kind to us folks who can't go out dressed, and can't share this wonderful experience with the our other friends!

Very well said Erin. That was indeed my intention behind sharing it. For those people who are out then it would be simpler to use get female leggings or tights. For those that aren’t and live with others - then they still need a way to get it past their wives, girlfriends or flat mates.

With these leggings - you get the best of both worlds. They are comfy, architected for men and still have a legitimate amazon advert that says they are for guys that can be shown off to anyone a bit suspicious . I really hope they don’t stop selling them!
Based on some of the reviews - I think there are a lot of people that know this little tip already - I am happy to share it for those out there that don’t yet !

Angela Marie
12-06-2018, 11:12 AM
Took me awhile to realize your not talking about wearing tights under jeans, but actually presenting the bottom half of your body in just tights. What is perceived as football pants is what a closeted CDer might be willing to wear publicly. I admire those who present in female tights with out trepidation, or suffer the scorn of the general public. Female tights is not what you see men wearing while shopping at the Home Depot.

I wear them to the gym and have gone into Home Depot many times wearing them; bright colors actually. Never a word. I'm sure people had some negative thoughts but most keep their opinions to themselves.

kayla_bayarea
12-06-2018, 04:34 PM
Very well said Erin. That was indeed my intention behind sharing it. For those people who are out then it would be simpler to use get female leggings or tights. For those that aren’t and live with others - then they still need a way to get it past their wives, girlfriends or flat mates.

With these leggings - you get the best of both worlds. They are comfy, architected for men and still have a legitimate amazon advert that says they are for guys that can be shown off to anyone a bit suspicious . I really hope they don’t stop selling them!
Based on some of the reviews - I think there are a lot of people that know this little tip already - I am happy to share it for those out there that don’t yet !

Sarah, I'm glad you found something that makes you happy and hope it continues to do so. I don't understand at all why you feel wearing those leggings/tights have anything to do with crossdressing. They're just a normal male piece of clothing that has been around for several years. That being said, if you want to buy more male leggings similar to those they are not rare at all and can be found easily. These are made by Under Armour: https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-ua-base-2-0-leggings/pid1281108-001
and Nike: https://www.nike.com/t/pro-mens-training-tights-od3w1j
Both of these brands are extremely well known and can be found anywhere. There's no need to search out for some rare exotic item, you can just pop into your local sporting goods store. Hope that helps satiate your desire more easily.

I understand and can sympathize with those that feel they need to find some loophole to legitimize their purchase to their SOs. It's extremely ridiculous though (on their part, not yours) that you would need to show a link on the internet to do this. I highly, highly doubt anyone (male or female) would consider a pair of plain black leggings to belong solely to a women's wardrobe.

On the flip side of the label argument there is Wolford. I doubt anyone thinks they have ever designed anything for males and I'm sure many would consider there products to be very feminine. Yet, they have a webpage that purports to be just that: https://www.wolfordshop.com/men_hosiery.html
I find it really weird because it just lists existing products and swears that they are designed with males in mind! I would say that those products listed most definitely were originally created for just women. For any crossdresser needing the ridiculous excuse that it was labeled for males so it's therefore okay...Wolford has done the work for you. These most definitely are more feminine than those male sports leggings and you can "justify" your purchase. So just buy these because it seems you are just wanting an excuse because it has to be labeled "male" to be safe. I actually love Wolford's products, some of the best quality around and beautiful designs. And of course, actually feminine.

Anyway, the reason I am still responding in this thread is not to pick on Sarah but to inform others that you can buy male leggings almost anywhere these days. They are not at all an exotic item and are not only made by niche companies. If that is what can satisfy your CD needs just go to your local sporting goods shop and pick up a pair. It will be no different that buying a basketball.

AmandaRaquel
12-06-2018, 06:08 PM
I wear them to the gym and have gone into Home Depot many times wearing them; bright colors actually. Never a word. I'm sure people had some negative thoughts but most keep their opinions to themselves.

Wow - Home Depot - that is brave!!!