PDA

View Full Version : I don't throw like a girl, but I dress like one.

Veronica4me
12-06-2018, 12:59 AM
I cracked up when I thought of this, so I had to share it. :)

Lydianne
12-06-2018, 01:30 AM
I c wha' chu did der! :P.

But I do not appreciate the blanketing generalisation and skirting of the issue :hmph:. You gotta cushion the blow! :tongueout.

- Lydianne.

docrobbysherry
12-06-2018, 01:41 AM
Maybe I'm missing your point, Roni? My daughter played soft ball. She doesn't throw like a girl either!:straightface:

Not only does she dress like a girl, she IS one!:battingeyelashes:

Becky Blue
12-06-2018, 01:43 AM
Growing up i was continuously told you catch like a girl, I have to admit i drop 60% of anything I attempt to catch.

Lydianne
12-06-2018, 01:45 AM
It is a deep seated and embedded issue. Thank you four post -ing :tongueout.

- Lydianne.

Beverley Sims
12-06-2018, 03:03 AM
Lid E Ann, I cracked up at your replies,Veronica, I do throw like a girl and thet is why I was put in a softball team.

I could not bowl in cricket.

Macey
12-06-2018, 03:42 AM
My game was full contact chess (rusty now). I 'en passant' like a girl :P

Charlotte7
12-06-2018, 04:08 AM
Growing up i was continuously told you catch like a girl, I have to admit i drop 60% of anything I attempt to catch.

Sorry to say this Becky, but it seems that, with your meagre 40% success rate, you probably catch worse than a girl :)

DaisyLawrence
12-06-2018, 05:58 AM
My head hurts. Must be missing something.

Stacy Darling
12-06-2018, 06:02 AM
Possibly as you catch like a girl and the last one hit your forehead!

Just Joking! I have less of an idea!

Miss V
12-06-2018, 09:19 AM
I do both :battingeyelashes:

Lydianne
12-06-2018, 01:14 PM
My head hurts. Must be missing something.

Throws (https://www.google.com/search?q=throws&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjm-br_5YvfAhWNRBUIHXl3DXsQ_AUIDigB&biw=1092&bih=635) ;).

- Lydianne.

dana digs sweaters
12-06-2018, 02:12 PM
Funny
Played hockey and football when young :thumbsup:
Rode a dirt bike too :cool:
Dressed like my sisters when I could :heehee:
and that was a lot! :dance:

Crissy 107
12-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Veronica, Don’t forget, There’s no crying in baseball.

Becky Blue
12-06-2018, 07:27 PM
Sorry to say this Becky, but it seems that, with your meagre 40% success rate, you probably catch worse than a girl :)

I always thought that they were insulting me and girls :).. funny thing is if you threw 100 balls at my wife (not all at the same time naturally) she would catch 95

biancabellelover
12-06-2018, 08:00 PM
LOL! There is NO WAY that I can throw as good as a girl!

Growing up, I was unco! It wasn’t until I was in my twenties when I started boxing that I learned any sort of co-ordination.

I can catch most things thrown at me but about the only thing I can throw more than 20 metres is a grenade (lucky, right)?

Michelle

P.S. My wife throws and catches better than me.

Eemz
12-06-2018, 08:13 PM
Maybe it's just that Ozzies can't throw, period. LOL sorry I couldn't resist Becky, Michelle & Stacy

Lydianne - those puns of yours are pillow the belt.

Lydianne
12-06-2018, 11:35 PM
@Eemz: Like this, for example? :thinking:.

https://media.giphy.com/media/YALnLV4KSVT7q/giphy.gif

. . . but there's no way of finding out whether a boy or a girl ( or an Aussie ) threw that one :idontknow:.

EDIT: Just remembered. You're from Ireland. Whoops! :o. Your most recent throwing sporting encounter against the Aussies was actually a good one! :P.

- Lydianne.

EDIT2: I probably ought to respond to the issue at hand. OK, I know my balance is good. I put on shoes by balancing on one foot and sliding the shoe onto the other. Most people I see seem to need to sit down. I walk a lot; so I get small stones kicked up into the shoe often. I remove the stones in the same way. My throwing is OK, I think. My natural throwing mechanic feels pretty smooth, but I'm sure if analysed, it wouldn't prove itself optimal.

My catching . . it's one of those things that probably feels worse than it is, and I make catching attempts always expecting failure. However, I remember once at school, I lent a pen to a colleague. Of course, he came from the other side of the room, and in returning it, rather than making the trek, he preferred to air-mail it. So he threw it ( a perfect throw ), I tracked it through the air, turned back around and faced forward, then I reached behind me with my hand and caught it blind. I didn't turn back for my coronation.. act as though you do it all the time! :ohgoon:. Probably the smartest looking catch I've ever made :shades:.

- Lydianne.

Pumped
12-07-2018, 12:04 AM
I can't throw at all, simply pathetic throwing a baseball or softball. I had a guy asked me who taught me to throw? I told him a little girl! He laughed and said it looked like it! Never been good at sports of any kind!

Becky Blue
12-07-2018, 12:39 AM
Maybe it's just that Ozzies can't throw, period. LOL sorry I couldn't resist Becky, Michelle & Stacy

Ouch kick us when we are down, we are only bad at cricket because we got caught cheating.

biancabellelover
12-07-2018, 02:06 AM
I went to see Johnathan Pie earlier this year. I liked his take on it:

“Australians aren’t bad at cricket; they’re bad at cheating at cricket”!

Michelle

Cheryl T
12-07-2018, 09:37 AM
Years ago when I was young and smoked my Dad once told me I smoked a cigarette like a girl.
What a compliment I thought.

Stephanie47
12-07-2018, 12:16 PM
My daughter played on a youth baseball team. She heard the Mariner announcer, Dave Neihouse, use that term once when broadcasting a game. He was using it to denigrate someone. My daughter was livid and sent him a letter. She never hear back. When I was growing up we had a baseball team. "Charlie," AKA Linda, was our center fielder. She was a great player. Both in fielding and batting. She was a girl ahead of her time. Heck, if someone in my family is trolling this site I just outed myself to all of them; brother and daughter, et al.

Emily Occasionally
12-08-2018, 01:11 AM
The only thing I can throw more than 20 metres is a grenade (lucky, right)?

I've never had the opportunity myself.

Jane G
12-08-2018, 02:20 AM
Thank goodness Lydianne replied first. To cussion the blow for those other dyslexic folk like me. I find it more usual for cd's to wak like a girl.:heehee:

Kiwi Primrose
12-08-2018, 02:43 AM
I could kick a football, pass a football, hit a cricket or softball, but I was never any good at throwing anything.
I presume that qualifies as "throwing like a girl " and I'm proud of it.

biancabellelover
12-08-2018, 02:59 AM
Hi Emily,

I never threw one in anger...

Michelle

Emily Occasionally
12-08-2018, 03:09 AM
Hi Emily,

I never threw one in anger...

Michelle

Was it part of some training or something or did you just know a person with grenades?

biancabellelover
12-08-2018, 03:22 AM
Hi Emily,

I was an Australian soldier for around 25 years. I’ve probably thrown a few hundred of the things.

Michelle

P.S. In Australia, owning a grenade might see one in jail. Throwing one (even out in the middle of nowhere) will see you in jail, if you get caught.

Emily Occasionally
12-08-2018, 03:35 AM
Hi Emily,

I was an Australian soldier for around 25 years. I’ve probably thrown a few hundred of the things.

Michelle

P.S. In Australia, owning a grenade might see one in jail. Throwing one (even out in the middle of nowhere) will see you in jail, if you get caught.

Was it cool to watch them blow up?

In America we have all kinds of explosives. People have just unused artillery shells in their house for decoration. I can probably find someone fairly close by who has grenades I can throw in their backyard with little trouble. And I live in a state with one some of the more strict gun control laws. It's pretty crazy.

By the way I was in Australia back in 2012...your country is so beautiful and it was like magic being there. Sorry to get off topic.

Richelle423
12-09-2018, 02:11 PM
I always thrown like a girl and damn proud of it!