PDA

View Full Version : Which do you prefer to be called when enfemme?

Deborah
03-21-2006, 01:43 AM
Miss Mrs or Ms?

Since i'm single i go with Miss naturally. I'd like to know what the married people like to be called if at all.
Single people do you like Miss or do you prefer Ms?
Thanks.

Gail Stauffer
03-21-2006, 02:10 AM
well deborah, Scince I'm single as well I prefer Miss, or Ms. I think that Miss sounds prettier and younger though for some reason!!

Jenny Warren
03-21-2006, 03:32 AM
I like to be called 'Jenny'

Since I'm older, (no point denying it anymore) I'm always going to be assumed to be Mrs rather than Miss or Ms.

Jenny

Angela Burke
03-21-2006, 03:41 AM
Angela or Angie.
What about Madam, you forgot Madam!

Sarah Rabbit
03-21-2006, 04:56 AM
This has always been one of my gripes, especially when dealing with GG's
I am of the belief that a Miss was unmarried. Mrs was married. Along came the 90's with Little Ms. Attitude. Hell some of those little Ms's got quite huffy had you not been able to read their minds and pick the correct preamble. Hey I wish I had the chance to be known as a Miss or Mrs!!!

Hugs, Sarah R.:bunny:

Joy Carter
03-21-2006, 05:05 AM
What ever you call me just be respectful I'm ok with that. Just don't call me late for dinner.

LoL and Smiles JOY

barbie lanai
03-21-2006, 05:47 AM
Miss would be great ego boost. Ms is runner up. Ma'am is way down there next to grannie.

Adrienne Heels
03-21-2006, 08:05 AM
Just call me Karyn....but at 51, I would prob be called Mrs.

VeronicaMoonlit
03-21-2006, 08:08 AM
I am of the belief that a Miss was unmarried. Mrs was married. Along came the 90's with Little Ms. Attitude. Hell some of those little Ms's got quite huffy had you not been able to read their minds and pick the correct preamble.

Ms. came about because some women didn't want their identity to based on whether they were married or not. It' relatively easy, just use Ms. for all women, unless you know they prefer Mrs. And I'd avoid language like "little miss" that's condescending and basically treats women as "lesser than men"

Veronica

ChristineRenee
03-21-2006, 08:12 AM
I prefer to be called Chrissie. Mrs. Ms. or Ma'am don't bother me...but I would prefer to be called Chrissie. All my friends in the CD/TG/TS community call me that.;)

MsEva
03-21-2006, 08:20 AM
No suspense with me...MsEva:D

Denise01
03-21-2006, 09:43 AM
I prefer Ms due to my age, but on occasion have been called Mrs.
Ma'am is also appropriate for older ladies ( IE over 50 ).

As long as it is polite, i really am not upset at what they call me as long as it is not in the male gender when I am out fully enfemme.

Love it when some one referes to me as Ms, or mam

Denise

Penny
03-21-2006, 09:55 AM
Miss would be great ego boost. Ms is runner up. Ma'am is way down there next to grannie.
Well I guess I'm down there next to grannie because I get called Ma'mm a lot !:winking:

Sharon
03-21-2006, 09:56 AM
Angela or Angie.
What about Madam, you forgot Madam!

I didn't know you were a madam! :eek: :D

Just call me Sharon.

Casey Morgan
03-21-2006, 10:13 AM
I've always liked how the French use Madame to refer to either a married woman or as a show of respect to a woman who is older than a "kid". I might have misunderstood but I thought someone in her 30s was a Madame because she had reached a certain level of maturity. Ma'am has always seemed to me to be used in an equivalent way, so ma'am works for me. Miss works too as long as it's not used ingratiatingly, like a sleazy salesman stereotypically does.

Francine
03-21-2006, 10:31 AM
hmmmmm...
I never thought much about it myself. Always just referred to myself as "Francine".
I guess being older, most would think Mrs. or Ms. but then, that would be a first!

Ms Francine

Tina Dixon
03-21-2006, 11:39 AM
My SO has not meant Tina, so I'll go by Ms. for now.

MsJanessa
03-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Miss Mrs or Ms?

Since i'm single i go with Miss naturally. I'd like to know what the married people like to be called if at all.
Single people do you like Miss or do you prefer Ms?
Thanks.
Actually what I prefer to be called is Mistress, Maam, Goddess, Duchess, Princess, Your Majesty, My Lady: etc---lol but if they can't handle that Ms will do fine.:dom:

JoAnnDallas
03-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Veronica...
I'd avoid language like "little miss" that's condescending and basically treats women as "lesser than men"

Then I be careful coming to Texas. I hear that ALL the time down here. Here they add a "y", so it comes out "little missy" but it is usually reserved for speaking to a young child. LOL

JoAnn

Angela Burke
03-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I didn't know you were a madam! :eek: :D

Just call me Sharon.

I'm not a madam I'm a concierge!

Quiz.
The above line is shouted by a very formidable woman whilst leaning out of a window in which movie?

Marie CD
03-21-2006, 11:56 AM
i'm still so shocked that when i go out people don't spot me as a cd. Guess I'm overly critical of myself. Atleast That is what Miss Woo tells me. So as long as they don't point me out as a CD, i'm not to picky what anybody calls me

hugs
Marie

Lisa Marie
03-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Miss Angela Marie

Ranee Daze
03-21-2006, 12:03 PM
When I was out shopping Sunday most people called me ma'am, or even Dear. I did get one Miss. All of it felt nice. Though most people could read me like a book they showed caring and respect by addressing me as the gender I had selected for the day.

Phoebe Reece
03-21-2006, 12:05 PM
As long as it's not Mister, I'm happy with whatever someone chooses to address me with. I always wear my wedding band when out, so an observant person is not likely to use Miss.

Jennaie
03-21-2006, 02:37 PM
If I was called "bitch", at least I would know I had not been read. :cheeky:

CharlaineCadence
03-22-2006, 08:13 AM
Beeing that I am widdowed I like Ms wich historicly is what is was used for women whos husbane passed on but never remarried. then in the 90's like alot of things it was preverted. Too old for miss and mrs well when i hae my ring on its ok

HaleyPink2000
03-22-2006, 08:32 AM
I'd tend to have them call me " Mz Haley Michelle" as That does fit well. As for reading me, I don't care, but it's best if they don't.

Sam-antha
03-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Like with Shari, I plump for Madam/Ma'am, which really is a courtesy title. In a restaurant would you like to be addressed as Miss by the Maitre d' ?

trannie T
03-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Anything but "sir."

Mona
03-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Either Ma'am or Miss. Ms is more politically correct but I'm to young (as a CD) to know that!

Paulette
03-22-2006, 10:14 PM
As long as it is femme they can call me anything. Really if I have taken the time to get al girly I would like to be refered too just as any other women. At my age I guess the polite thing would be Ms but Miss would work just fine.

Rachel Morley
03-22-2006, 10:17 PM
If I was called "bitch", at least I would know I had not been read. :cheeky:
Ha ha...yeah me too, I agree with you and TrannieT....anything with a female emphasis is good!

Laurie Ann
03-22-2006, 10:26 PM
Don't really care just don't call me late for dinner.

Bernice
03-23-2006, 01:28 AM
As long as it isn't "mister" or "mac". I don't know. I've only been spoken to by about three strangers when dressed en femme. I don't think it ever came up. I go out of the way to avoid confrontations. If stopped by a law enforcement officer, I would expect "maam". Maam seems safe enough. It doesn't seem fair to expect a stranger to know my marital status. I have no right to go ballistic if they guess wrong. My 10th grade French teacher was six years from retirement - looked at least 70 - she was "miss". My wife was 20 when she became "mrs". Age is no clue. Not everyone wears a ring all the time. My marital status is not necessarily relevant nor is it always the business of strangers. Too much political correctness for me! Just call me "Bernice". Anything else is another label.

Hugs,

Bernice