PDA

View Full Version : How many dresses?

Macey
12-09-2018, 05:30 AM
Last night my wife accused me of being a 'clothes horse' lol. My more masculine aspect is not and never has been, but my feminine aspect apparently is!

I'm new to crossdressing. I have exactly seven dresses (six I like, one I don't lol). Plus a few skirts, tops, other items, etc.

So how many dresses are enough? Regardless of how many I have, I think the answer will always be "Just one more!" Lol.

Trish
12-09-2018, 07:28 AM
I have well over a hundred dresses in my closet. The more the better.

Macey
12-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Over 100? Is that enough? Same answer, I think … one more! :D

sara66
12-09-2018, 08:12 AM
Can you really have too many dresses? My collection is small, about 10. I am always looking for that perfect dress.

Sara :heehee:

Macey
12-09-2018, 08:17 AM
Sara, one more will be enough. Once you get one and your total is 11, the next answer to 'how many is enough?' Will still be "one more" lol

phili
12-09-2018, 08:57 AM
I realize that as long as I want my dresses to express what I am feeling, I will never have enough! I have about 25 now, and each one is special in a different way to me, capturing a certain feeling. I cant wait to go to a new thrift store - and though I go through the racks quickly now, and pause wistfully when my perfect dress is too small to alter. But...there is no end of feeling combinations to express. So I simply budget a moderate amount for what I consider emotional recreation!

Cheryl T
12-09-2018, 09:17 AM
I have no idea how many are enough.
I only have about 5. Mostly because I find separates fit me better due to my figure. Also it allows me to have so many more outfits with fewer pieces.
2 tops and 2 skirts = 4 outfits and so on.

DIANEF
12-09-2018, 09:19 AM
Last count I had about 60, though there are several I probably will never wear again. Also about 30 plus skirts.

Macey
12-09-2018, 09:29 AM
Diane and Phili … you each have *almost* enough … you need one more!

Cheryl, separates count! You have *almost* enough. You need one more skirt AND one more top!

Tracii G
12-09-2018, 09:40 AM
4 for me

Macey
12-09-2018, 09:42 AM
Tracii, you just might need five :)

faltenrock
12-09-2018, 09:53 AM
40 for and never enough.

nikkiwindsor
12-09-2018, 10:11 AM
Oh, never enough...but I'm good about only buying them occasionally. Let's see...I have 15 dresses but many are now too big since I lost a lot of weight. I'll need to bring them to consignment shop or thrift store...and then buy some replacements!

bridget thronton
12-09-2018, 10:54 AM
I like clothes shopping and always !ook for a bargain (about 50 dresses - will send a some to the charity store to make room for one more)

Robbiegirl
12-09-2018, 11:09 AM
Macey, Love the picture of you in your dress and petticoat cooking !

Was your wife inspired by how cute you looked to go put on a dress herself ?

I don't think most women expected us to ever own a dress, with the exception of a Maids outfit. LOL

Macey
12-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Robbie, my wife isn't big on dresses for herself … her look is very feminine boho. But she's the one who picked out that dress and surprised me with it on my most recent birthday :) I love that dress! Thank you so much for the compliment!

Beverley Sims
12-09-2018, 11:29 AM
About ten dresses for every day wear but slacks, jeans, skirts and a myriad of tops keeps the choice of presentation wide.

There are four seasons to wear this in and after twelve months I will have nothing to wear again.:-)

Robbiegirl
12-09-2018, 02:11 PM
Love how cute you looked in your Petticoat and dress cooking dinner !!

Did your wife get jealous and slip into a frilly dress ? She had to have some reaction.

In the closet so only ocassionally put on the wifes dresses for a quick twirl

Erin.Sometimes
12-09-2018, 02:20 PM
I've got about 35 in my closet (A few more tucked away in a drawer), which honestly is probably too many for me, if only because I'm just about out of space for them, but sometimes you just see a new one that you really, really like and need to get it (I have a bit of an issue with impulse shopping lol). Basically, 'enough' is just one fewer than 'too many'

Macey
12-09-2018, 02:23 PM
Robbie, I think I already answered your question a post or two down. Anyway, I get dolled up and make a nice dinner for when she comes home from work. Her reaction? Hungry, thrilled, and complimentary! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Erin, you have almost enough! You only need one more! Lol, but if space is an issue, maybe pare down to make more space. If you get rid of two, you'll have space for a new one … and one more ;)

docrobbysherry
12-09-2018, 02:36 PM
The same is true for my tops, skirts, wigs, shoes, and jewelry! And, in my case, costumes and MASKS!:devil:
U can NEVER have too many fem things because there r so many possibilities and so little time!:brolleyes:
(I'm 75. So, u all have plenty of time to catch up!):o

The only things I can count r my foundation gear and underwear!:thumbsup:

And, just for the record, when u have countless things?
U NEVER worry or even think about, "Just one more"!:tongueout

freeindress
12-09-2018, 04:46 PM
I have about one dozen dresses, same amount of skirts, fewer tops (more needed, to match skirts), four pairs of leggings, two pairs of shoes.

Macey
12-09-2018, 04:51 PM
Freein, you need another dress … just one more ;) lol

Oh, and at LEAST another skirt and a couple of tops!

kayegirl
12-09-2018, 04:59 PM
Well, wardrobe space is a bit limited so my collection may not be too big. Around 7 dresses, 9 skirts, numerous tops and sweaters, and 8 pairs of shoes. Oh and 4 outdoor coats, one for each season!
Is it enough, probably not, could always use another dress, although I am trying to keep the spending under control. Lol

Macey
12-09-2018, 05:04 PM
Kaye, we're not talking about a cartload of new clothes here, we're talking about one dress. Just one dress more ;) lol

JeanTG
12-09-2018, 05:51 PM
Just bought two more a couple of weeks ago. So that would make, let's see... I think 8 dresses, and two skirts. I prefer dresses to skirts, and skirts to pants. I only have three pairs of jeans and one pair of leggings, and a few tops. I need to work on "casual" more. I've donated 3 or 4 dresses to charity, dresses I didn't much like anymore.

This thread kind of reminds me of cyclist math. What is the ideal number of dresses to own (what is the ideal number of bikes to own)? Answer = n+1, where n is the number you currently own.

KymG
12-09-2018, 06:01 PM
I actually have no idea how many without doing a stocktake!
I will guess in the region of 20 to 30.... poss more
Although i only wear about 5 of them.

susan54
12-09-2018, 06:07 PM
My current total is 988. I have no plans to buy any more. I have every style I could wish. No bride's dresses but every other situation is covered. I have stopped buying because I feel I have enough and I have no more room I have 1000 skirts and 2000 tops/blouses but hardly wear these - I prefer dresses. In my defence I spend most of my time in dresses. I catalogue my dresses and photograph them all, hence the precise total. When I get to 1000 it will be one in one out as the system only works up to 999 - already operating this for skirts. So 'enough' is 988 - I speak from experience.

Judy-Somthing
12-09-2018, 07:02 PM
I'm up to 110 dresses now and I want to get rid of at least half due to having trouble hiding them all, ya I'm an (in the closet CD'er). wife would freak if she found them.

Macey
12-09-2018, 07:04 PM
I gather for the unaccepting wife, "enough" is "zero" :/

RADER
12-09-2018, 08:39 PM
I have about 25 dresses, and double that for skirts. I like skirts better, no reason why, just like them.
Rader

Amelie
12-09-2018, 08:41 PM
I make my own clothes so I have many dresses. Sometimes I make a dress, wear it for awhile then take it to my sewing machine and alter it to look different, maybe by cutting it up and adding a piece of another fabric. Shoes on the other hand, I have maybe 5 pairs, maybe more if I count the torn sneakers.

Andrea2656
12-09-2018, 09:07 PM
Is there a correct number? It depends on your lifestyle. A full time CD needs to have more outfits like any other woman. An occasional CD may be able to get by with 3-5 outfits. Personally I probably have about 15-20 outfits and that suits my needs. However, when that pink fog hits it is time to find something new. ..

Macey
12-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Andrea, yes. There *is* a correct number ;) The number is the number of outfits you own plus one lol

alwayshave
12-09-2018, 10:03 PM
I have 18 dresses at last count.

t-girlxsophie
12-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Never counted but would say about 30,wouldnt say that was excessive,but im sure some would in my defence when i started dressing my mother had around the same number

Sophie

Stephanie47
12-10-2018, 12:54 AM
I have 162 dresses. No skirts or fem pants. Just dresses. I maintain a word document indicating the label/maker, style, color and size. I also keep on the back of the PayPal or other billing notice a picture of the dress. I started that when I unintentionally bought a pretty dress that I already had. I'm still looking for a new dress. Never stops. Retail therapy.

Macey
12-10-2018, 03:33 AM
Okay, if you bought a dress you already had, you might actually have 'enough' ;)

Princess Chantal
12-10-2018, 03:50 AM
Not sure how many until I sort through my closet. Due to renovations (losing quite a bit of closet space) I have to cut down my wardrobe a fair amount. Most of the donating clothing would be tops and skirts though as I love most of my dresses. I came very close to fulfilling my 2018 resolution of not purchasing any dresses, gave in just a couple weeks ago and bought one dress.

CDMargret
12-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Hello. I just counted and have 8 dresses. My wife loves two and them and wears them I know just to tease me. Most are skater type dresses. I love the fit and flare looks. A few skirts and leggings too. Working on my tops and blouses. Growing up in the 80's you can guess how I like to dress. I don't dare to count my leotards....lol

Ressie
12-10-2018, 09:32 AM
I haven't counted lately, but somewhere between 12 and 20. A few years ago I noted that I had quite a few skirts but only a few dresses. I've been buying more ever since.

Rhonda Jean
12-10-2018, 01:07 PM
4. I don't accumulate anything anymore. If I'm not going to wear it in public, I do not keep it. If I haven't worn it in a year, I get rid of it. That goes for everything. Well, one exception. I have a little beaded dress that I LOVE, but it's a little (a lot!) much for a 61 year old to be wearing, and I haven't worn it in years. Every time I see it hanging in my closet I remember the times that I wore it, and it's worth keeping around just for the flashbacks. That and the shoes that go with it are the only exceptions to the rule. I was never as into dresses specifically as a lot of you are, but I used to accumulate clothes in general to a ridiculous degree. It was a struggle learning how to let things go.

freeindress
12-10-2018, 05:05 PM
OK, you with up to 100 times more dresses, have convinced me to consider one more + skirt and tops too.

Tahoegurl
12-10-2018, 05:43 PM
I have 6 dresses that fit me well...i usually have separate tops and skirts as it is easier to get them to fit right. But I am always looking to add to the collection. Cheers

aprilgirl
12-10-2018, 07:00 PM
I'm guessing 30-35 dresses, and one of the current ones will be donated with the next new dress. I'm running out of closet space!

Macey
12-10-2018, 07:13 PM
Going to frame this in a simple algebraic equation ;)
A=X+1

Where A="enough dresses" and X="The number of dresses you currently own" lol

Or perhaps A=X+Z, same as above where Z="some number greater than zero"