PDA

View Full Version : Online Shopping

Matilda
05-03-2004, 11:19 PM
Im just wondering who here buys their clothes online instead in shops, I for one think online shopping would be better for me as i dont have the confidence to work into a shop just yet, but if i buy everything online im worried that when they arrival at my house 1 of my parents will be home and it will be very hard to explain to them wat i ordered, so if i shop online is their a way to make sure it is delieved when i want them delieved so that way no one else is home.
Also do u know some good online shopping services that i should try especially australian ones
btw how would i go about measuring myself to find out what size i need

Stelli
05-03-2004, 11:42 PM
Forget online shopping, go off line shopping, go to large store that accepts returns and have wide selection. Buy a bulk "for performance of your students of drama", get all sizes and everything it pleases you. Get home, trow bulk on your sofa, bed, arm chair. Get large mirror, start trying. Put away everyting that doesnot look good on you and that doesnot have appropriate size keep the rest. Go back to shop, return everything that you have put away. Replace things that you wanted but did not know correct size. There you are. You will quickly learn your sizes plus you will have starting wardrobe. Next time it will be easier, you just browse your size. Go online only if you do not find things in shops. Not to mention that you may save a lot of money and saving money means more stuff if you please.

I forgot the most important thing: Get measuring tape. All sizes are based on your waist, breast and hips. Many online shops have sizing info, you may figure out your size in advance.

louise rath
06-07-2004, 04:47 AM
Hi Matilda,
There are two on-lines that I have fond to be very reputable.
Try
www.girdlebound.com
and
www.underworks.com
Both are USA but deliver within 4-6 days.
there is also Cupids in Caulfield [www.cupids.com.au]??but, like all Aust lingerie on-line, are twice/three times the price you can get from USA.
Love
louise

diane
06-07-2004, 08:58 AM
Two great links ... thanks!

PaulaJeanette
06-07-2004, 10:01 AM
Louise R:

Thank you very much for sharing these URLs. I love girdles and any type of corsetry. These two sites are just what I need to find feminine foudation which I need to buy.

Paula J.

Elinor
06-07-2004, 10:52 AM
I have bought online most of the time and sometimes from mags. Only once did I buy a skirt for myself in a shop in Seattle and it was great. And yes the salesgirl knew it was for me, as we waited for the sale to go through we did discuss skirt sizes. One small step for man one giant leap for my femininity. :D

Jenny
06-07-2004, 11:10 AM
Hi Matilda,

Welcome to our (not-so) little group. I see by your profile that your are just a couple years older than me. I buy some of my clothes (jeans, capris) from Alloy.com because they carry longer inseams and i like teen-girl clothes a lot. I also buy some of my clothes from Newport-news.com Their clothes are fashionable but not too pricey. I also buy some of my clothes from Victoria Secret.com, like panties and bras and swim suits. Lastly, I get a lot of my clothes from eBay.

I live alone so I don't have to worry about when items are delivered. I do have to worry about where to put my girl's clothes in my house. I am seriously running out of room in my closets and dressers. In fact, I spent part of the weekend going through my girl's clothes and taking the items I no longer wear or like to the salvation army store. Now I have some more space to fill up again!!!

I agree the best way to buy clothes (and most fun way, once you overcome your nervousness) is to go to the store. Pick out some items you like, buy them, take them home, try them on, and if they don't fit just take them back. That way you don't have to worry about parental interceptions and questions. You will be surprised that the clerks mostly don't care what you buy.

As to size, you will have to figure that out yourself. You can measure yourself and check out charts on some of the on-line stores to get some idea. But sizes can vary quite a bit depending on the maker and style of the clothes.

I hope this helps. Keep us posted on your adventures.

:)