PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping can be fun, really?

Helena
12-19-2018, 06:23 PM
I don’t enjoy Christmas shopping but thought it might be more bearable dressed, and it was. I wandered round Chesterfield buying various gifts and looking for inspiration. No adverse reactions just normal interactions.
I have been out many times general shopping and would like to say to those here that are contemplating stepping out of the door that this is a great time to do so. People are generally focused on their own business, but during the last few days before Christmas that is magnified to the power of ten.
There was one strange moment, which most likely was just in my head. I approached an SA on the Chanel counter at Boots, as I couldn’t spot the Coco Mademoiselle body lotion that my sister loves, and for a micro second I thought I saw a “ghost” in her eye. No physical tell, flicker or wince but I felt she saw right through me. We spent a pleasant, absolutely normal, few minutes whilst I paid and she wrapped the present but the crazy bit is that I wanted to apologise for being rubbish ( I tend to muddle through dressing and make up). If I was more chatty and gregarious like Teresa I might have struck up a conversation. Alternatively she may just have thought another example of below par make up application.

kimdl93
12-19-2018, 08:15 PM
Don’t red too much into other people’s thoughts. Sounds as though you had a pleasant conversation and good service. If you have doubts about your makeup, perhaps seek a makeover at the cosmetics counter. And practice, practice....

Beverley Sims
12-19-2018, 08:59 PM
Helena,
A quick chat and quick deal is all that happens at Christmas time.

Next customer please. :-)

Helena
12-20-2018, 02:45 AM
Kim, thank you that is good advice and something I would like to try. I bottled out once when I got colour check at Boots as although I had shaved that morning I hadn't gone close enough. However I should expand a little, apart from professional gaze I manage pretty well be out and about unnoticed and happy with that. Minimal work, and no hour glass figure and I look like plenty of other middle aged women. I used to get hot and bothered and uncomfortable with shapeware and the like and it showed. Now I am much more relaxed, and therefore more confident, when out and about.

Bev Absolutely right, polite, fast and efficient.

Teresa
12-20-2018, 02:44 PM
Helena,
We all do it in different ways , we all know it takes time it's a gradual building process . As you say find your comfort zone so you can become more relaxed and confident .

Don't let me set you an example , if everyone chatted like me the shops wouldn't do any business but it would be a great laugh !!