PDA

View Full Version : I outed myself at lunch yesterday with family and some didn't even realize it....

Maria in heels
12-21-2018, 04:41 PM
So, I was having lunch with one of my older sons, my first stepmother, and my aunt yesterday afternoon at a place in upstate New York. We were having the normal conversations, and somehow, my aunt started talking about how my sisters have gotten "bigger" over the years. Suddenly, my stepmother and my aunt and comparing the last times that they saw my sisters, how they looked, and what each one thought of them right now. This went on for several minutes, and describing them made me laugh.... my son was just looking down at his plate, because I don't think that he wanted them to see him smiling and laughing as well. Suddenly, after a few comments that I threw in, I said out lout:

"Well, I am the prettiest out of those two sisters anyways, so there is nothing to worry about"

My aunt stopped mid sentence and smiled and started laughing, and I looked over at my stepmother who kind of had a surprised shocked face and stared at me. If you follow my posts, she is my first stepmother, and it was her things that I was caught with when growing up. I had finally came out and told her directly, even though she already knew from the past, that I dressed, and that my wife knew. My older sons probably know too, but never asked or commented.

So, I did it on purpose, laughed, and sat there grinning from ear to ear and I actually should ask my stepmother to help with my hair and makeup, as she is one who was a beautician before becoming an RN, so I may get styled in the 60's but its better than me doing it myself lol

Macey
12-21-2018, 05:01 PM
I know you like vintage looks sometimes … bet your "60's" hair would look stunning ;)

mykell
12-21-2018, 05:30 PM
"the truth is said in jest" comes to mind....seems it all ended well.
will be looking for the new photos :D

Hell on Heels
12-21-2018, 11:04 PM
Hell-o Maria,
A real life Cinderella story! (with a twist)
I’m looking forward to seeing your retro makeover.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Maria in heels
12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
I'll have to get her alone one day and see how she feels about helping me ... its funny because she still has her hair in the same updo that I remember as a child Macey

Yes it did end well Mykell....I couldn't get over the look of shock on her face, and if one of my sons was not there, i'm sure we would have talked about my comment and why I said something

Kristyn ... you and me both!

Crissy 107
12-22-2018, 12:28 AM
Maria, WOW, What a way to do it! How did you feel afterwards?

Maria in heels
12-22-2018, 07:22 AM
Crissy...I actually was laughing inside because I knew that I could make a comment like that, and my stepmother would know right away what I was talking about. I wonder now if my son that was with us had the same thoughts, and maybe I validated his wondering? I probably did, but it was in passing and I was not nervous at all. I know that as time goes by, i'm getting more into a "I want to be happy and if your not on board, i'm just going to leave you at the dock" mentality. I think that we all have different views and levels and participation, and i'm learning after all these years to just keep my head up high, take smaller steps in my heels, and just enjoy being me.

Crissy 107
12-22-2018, 10:03 AM
Maria, That is just so good and I know it had to feel terrific. I’m very happy for you and I enjoy reading your posts and can see your positive attitude showing through.
PS: Go empty your inbox.

Bobbi46
12-22-2018, 10:45 AM
Maria,
That is quite the most amazing thing I have heard in a long time, and saying what you did and getting away with it like you did is just wonderful, soon all who need to know will know and any worries of being "busted" will not be there any more. You must have enjoyed saying what you did nvery much.

Beverley Sims
12-22-2018, 12:12 PM
Maria,
Nothing like stirring the pot.

Tell us about any developments, it should be good. :-)

Maria in heels
12-24-2018, 08:26 AM
Bobbi and Beverley....

It was funny to sit there and watch the shock on my stepmothers face. She knew right away what I was talking about, and yes, it was daring and I did "get away with it" as you said Bobbi. But I am trying to be more confident and its not about being out and about, its about being myself and my psyche feeling good.
Beverley are you accusing me of stirring the pot? Well the positive is my wife just started talking to me more openly and maybe its because of Christmas, but she is looking to shop for Maria as well as seeing if I want other things.... Of course, I would have to talk more with my stepmother after the holidays just to get things out in the open as we never really talked.