PDA

View Full Version : For a beginner

Sassy
03-21-2006, 03:49 PM
I would like to buy a dress to wear when I do crossdress but I don't want to spend that much. Also I need a wig, makeup too, a gaff, and breast forms. Where can I find these affordable? I want them to be good, too.:)

lovesnylons
03-21-2006, 03:53 PM
This site has a lot of supplies: http://www.crossdresser.com/index.asp

Julie York
03-21-2006, 04:04 PM
From my very limited experience it is difficult to get it right first time. You will tend to buy some over expensive and not very good items if you just rush in. Sizes are the worst aspect. You will buy plenty of things that don't quite fit. But anyway, Ebay is great because it is dirt cheap especially if you don't set your heart on something.

Forget the gaff. If you dress for a 'buzz' then you don't need it and if you don't.....you don't need it. It is a device designed by someone with no nuts to sell to ....nuts. LOL

You just arrived on the forum so I suggest looking back at the older threads becaue there are lots of answers to making boobs (and booboos) and such like.

Have fun.

barbie lanai
03-21-2006, 04:16 PM
Go to a local thrift store for the dress, & outer wear. Cheap enough to buy many variations and see what fits and what you like. Donate the stuff that doesn't suit you to charity. Walmart or simialr for the intimates. Shoes depends of your shoe size and desired style. Walmart has up to 11. Fredericks of Hollywood has up size 13 as I recall. Check online for silicone breast enhancers. Carol Wright Gifts has them for $20, but think I saw them cheaper somewhere else. Check my post under breast forms for the URL.

Sharon
03-21-2006, 06:14 PM
If you're too nervous to buy in person, try this site:

http://www.classiccloseouts.com/home.asp?

Star
03-21-2006, 06:16 PM
pierresilber.com has lots of nice shoes and a size chart. Try a store like wal mart for the rest. You wont need the gaff if you learn how to tuck.

Lisa Marie
03-21-2006, 06:24 PM
You can also try www.glamourboutique.com also

Candi Stratton
03-21-2006, 06:34 PM
or www.glamourgirlboutique.com

DawnLabelle
03-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Ive bought a couple gaff's on ebay, bloody useless and dont hide the "bulge" any better than a regular cotton thong that you can buy at walmart does.

I found the best way to hide your buddy aside from tucking (which I haven't tried) is wear a tight thong under another regular pair of panties.

Dawn

Janelle Young
03-21-2006, 07:57 PM
I am a big fan of e bay. You can get stuff cheap and you do not have to buy it in person, chicken that I am. If you go this route stick with stuff that has measurements for the item, not just a size. If you like something that has just a size listed and no measurements, ask the seller what the measurements are. I E bust, waist, hips, length. It amazes me that a lot of GG sell stuff on e bay and do not list the measurements. They should know better than we do that a size 14 from X is not the same size as a 14 from Y.

Sassy
03-22-2006, 02:24 PM
I have no cd clothes or anything. I don't know what to buy first. Can someone tell the order I should go in when buying? I was thinking something like this: wig, breasts, lingerie, then a dress, then makeup. Am I leaving anything off. I also need someone to tell me how to hide my bulge.;)

CharlaineCadence
03-22-2006, 03:03 PM
i started at savers and salvation army and other thrift shops. they even let you try stuff on. the find you locale dress barn for new stuffb and lane bryant too