PDA

View Full Version : Are most cross-dressers really cross-sexuals?

barbie lanai
03-22-2006, 08:32 AM
Seems like most crossdressers are really something like cross-sexuals. If it was only the dressing that mattered then:

Crossdresser wants to wear a bra.
Cross-sexual wants bra & breast forms.

Crossdresser could have a beard.
Cross-sexual wants no beard or mustache.

Crossdresser could have hairy legs & chest.
Cross-sexual wants shaved legs & body.

Crossdresser could have crew-cut hair.
Cross-sexual wants full long hair or wig.

Crossdresser doesn't tuck.
Cross-sexual does tuck.

The list could go on & on but that's the idea.
A cross-sexual wants to appear as the opposite sex, a crossdresser only dresses that way?

HaleyPink2000
03-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Is this a new term I have to learn? LOL:)

Shelly Preston
03-22-2006, 08:42 AM
As if we dont have enough labels :eek:

Yes I am
03-22-2006, 08:44 AM
There is a differerence in levels of dressing, for sure. I don't know that I'd apply the term "cross-sexual," but there is I think a difference between those of us that like to wear women's clothing and those of us who want to go for a "complete" female appearance. It would be nice to have a way to distinguish between the varying degrees/styles of crossdressing. But then again, maybe even more labels is the absolute last thing anybody needs.

Tiffy
03-22-2006, 08:49 AM
Damn, and I spent the last twenty some years trying to figure myself out. Just what I needed, to be more confused. lol But, I apply to both of your terms. So what am I then?

Kisses, April Marie

LindaTS
03-22-2006, 09:24 AM
This is definitely "food for thought". Thank God I know who I am or I would probably be very confused with all of the terms out there.

KarenNY
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Both probably apply to me, though I prefer to have the complete appearance of being female...

But like the others, I'm not fond of labels... we don't need any more labels...

stacie
03-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, cross-sexual is a new one on me. The term cross-sexual sounds more like the description of a transsexual.

EricaCD
03-22-2006, 10:32 AM
I had always understood "dressing fully" or "going en femme" = seeking to feminize one's appearance as much as possible. Or do I have that totally wrong?

Star
03-22-2006, 10:36 AM
I have no attraction to males at all but fantasizing about having sex as a girl is definiately part of it for me soooo?

michellecd9999
03-22-2006, 12:30 PM
When I dress I want to pass or do it as well as I can. So given your definations I would be in the cross-sexual. I am not TS - I don't want a sex change.
If I could snap my fingers and become a woman and be able to return to a man with another snap of the fingers - I would do that! I would love to be able to morph back and forth to exprience what a woman experiences.But I don't want to give up my male side.
Michelle

Janet_Johnson_cd
03-22-2006, 12:34 PM

There are so many labels plus very nasty ones. :thumbsdn:

Bernice
03-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Ru Paul said “It’s easy for people to label and categorize other people; in this way they make them small, trite, and ultimately inhuman.”

I think we have enough labels. Yes, Janet, many labels are very nasty.

By Barbie's definition, I am cross-sexual. So what?

Star: You are not alone, dear!

User "Yes I Am" wrote:

there is I think a difference between those of us that like to wear women's clothing and those of us who want to go for a "complete" female appearance.

Well said! However, upon further reflection, I begin to question the value of highlighting our differences. I think the time has come for us to highlight our similarities, and band together to gain acceptance.

Hugs,

Bernice

Yes I am
03-22-2006, 01:01 PM
...I think the time has come for us to highlight our similarities, and band together to gain acceptance.

I like that, I think you're right.

Reana
03-22-2006, 01:02 PM
I read another attribute/desire into that term when first seeing the thread title but I like the term and identify with it very well. Mark me Cross-Sexual. :cool:

Billijo49504
03-22-2006, 01:12 PM
I have only one label I answer too, that is human being, a complex person. But human. 0.02 If you give me too many labels, I'll get very confused:)

carol ann
03-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Barbie - i just don't accept your definition. According to your description I would be described as trans-sexual but I Know I am not because I am attracted to women ( and wold like to be like them) because they are beautiful and attractive and not at all to men.

I think of my myself as someone who gets a great deal of pleasure out of crossdressing and in so doing want to look as realisticly female as possible because otherwise i don't see the point

sparks
03-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Cross-sexual is a new term on me. I'm not familiar with it all! At this point in life I'm pretty stressed about the old ones! Cross-your-heart is a better one for me. Life journey will take us many places and probably label us many different ways underneith is what counts! Take the good leave bad!

Sophia Rearen
03-22-2006, 01:26 PM
Ugh, another label!
The fuse has been lit, my head is ready to explode!

Lisa Maren
03-22-2006, 04:00 PM
Hi everyone

In that case, I am a cross-sexual (at the very least).

Personally, I don't like to use any word ending in -sexual to describe people like us. The suffix -sexual is the same suffix on the words heterosexual, homosexual and bisexual and I'd bet quite a lot that people think words like transsexual must have something to do with sexual orientation because of it. I think it adds to the stereotype that we're all homosexual.

I'd grant you cross-gendered or (bi-gendered), though!

Hugs,
Lisa

sky0629
03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
i'm in the cross-sexual part of this thread. just don't make me look for a cross-sexual community.

Teresa Amina
03-22-2006, 06:25 PM
Interesting thought but Gendered works better than Sexual. Trouble is Sex has become a Verb, so Cross-sexual would be the same as Bi-Sexual, referring to Behavior alone. Other than that put me down 4 out of 5 for Cross-whatever!

CharlaineCadence
03-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Going by your terms i am cross-sex thingy but in my heart i am transgender. But i am unwilling to give up my male side too. I want to have both living togeather happily and beleave it can be done. When i am en-fem I am a woman. When in drab I am male. togeather they make up the very unigue me.

Christina Nicole
03-22-2006, 08:16 PM
My crossdressing has nothing to do with my sexuality. I don't think that the term makes sense etymologically speaking. Clothing and sexuality are separate issues.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Jacqui
03-22-2006, 08:23 PM
I know a transexual nun who considers herself to be a trans-sister.

Maria2004
03-22-2006, 08:36 PM
I love "labels" they save me time. I don't have to search through 10'000 unlabled bins looking for exactly what I need at Home Depot, and I don't have to suffer through 45 minutes of someone explaining "what they are" when they could have told me in 10 seconds by simply applying their "label".
Why does Cross dressing have to do with "sex". I "label" myself a Transvestite by the original deffination coined in 1925. My dressing has nothing what so ever to do with sex, I don't want to be a woman.

Have a nice day.

Love Maria

Rikkicn
03-22-2006, 08:38 PM
When I dress I want to pass or do it as well as I can. So given your definations I would be in the cross-sexual. I am not TS - I don't want a sex change.
If I could snap my fingers and become a woman and be able to return to a man with another snap of the fingers - I would do that! I would love to be able to morph back and forth to exprience what a woman experiences.But I don't want to give up my male side.
Michelle

I've meet people that consider themselves transexuals but they don't intend to have any surgeries at all. They do however, live full time as women. They call themselves non-op TS.
Rikki

Ellie
03-22-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm far too complex to fit within any single label.

Sounds to me that the differences mentioned are more about what a CD likes for the feel and what a CD likes for the look. It doesn't seam to me to be related to the person's sexual orientation.

Wouldn't Cross-sexual be the same as Trans-sexual?

I've always thought of the difference between a CD, TV, and TS to have more to do with the person's dedication to looking or becoming the other sex.

CD => Clothing (forms included) and non-permanent body modification, dressing from time to time and wouldn't go full time even if they could.

TV => A full time CD.

TS => A TV that has had some sort of permanent body modification (e.g breast implants, etc.)

None of which has anything to do with orientation.

And no, I don't count Laser Hair reduction as a permanent modification :cheeky:

TxKimberly
03-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Roger that - we have enough labels and divisions, can we please not start making more?
Are a you cross dresser? Are you a TS? Are you this? Are you that? We are all transgender, let's leave it at that.

Yet another Kim

HaleyPink2000
03-22-2006, 10:20 PM
Well for my label I guess I'm complicated also.
I'm not into a sex change, even though I'd love to have larger breasts. Even if it took surgery to get a D size breast.

I'm not Bisexual. Am very in love with my wife of 25 years.
Would like to be the girl sometimes in role play. But maybe that will happen someday.

But I also like being a male and having the ability to switch back and forth.

Glad I don't have their monthly problems. Mood swings, Gawd!

Ok I'm not TS so am I sexual, Yeah! I believe I get a thrill out of dressing.
But not into Guys even while dressed. Heterosexual all the way, love women, one for sure, My wife.

Cross sexual, Ahhh, No that is not a label that fits me.
I think Cross dresser fits me with a little Female Impersonator. LOLOL:)
As I love the challenge of trying to pass.

stacie
03-22-2006, 10:42 PM
Roger that - we have enough labels and divisions, can we please not start making more?
Are a you cross dresser? Are you a TS? Are you this? Are you that? We are all transgender, let's leave it at that.

Yet another Kim
This is very true there are to many lables out there. I enjoy dressing in total fem. I do like to look fem but only part of the time. We all have one thing we like and that is to wear the opposite sex clothing to what ever degree we dress in. So another label means nothing to me. Hugs and be yourself, Stacie.

Snookums
03-23-2006, 12:05 AM
Seems like most crossdressers are really something like cross-sexuals. If it was only the dressing that mattered then:

Crossdresser wants to wear a bra.
Cross-sexual wants bra & breast forms.

Crossdresser could have a beard.
Cross-sexual wants no beard or mustache.

Crossdresser could have hairy legs & chest.
Cross-sexual wants shaved legs & body.

Crossdresser could have crew-cut hair.
Cross-sexual wants full long hair or wig.

Crossdresser doesn't tuck.
Cross-sexual does tuck.

The list could go on & on but that's the idea.
A cross-sexual wants to appear as the opposite sex, a crossdresser only dresses that way?
where do pelple come up with stuff like this,:eek:

barbie lanai
03-23-2006, 12:29 AM
Seems the next question should be:

Are crossdressers label-phobic?

Labels merely inform. Size label on the clothes rack. Color label on pantyhose. Octane label on gasoline. AM/PM label on the clock.

Ever try buying something in a Chinese grocery store? All labeled, but I had no idea what was what in the boxes. Could be soap maybe cake mix.

Snookums
03-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Seems the next question should be:

Are crossdressers label-phobic?

Labels merely inform. Size label on the clothes rack. Color label on pantyhose. Octane label on gasoline. AM/PM label on the clock.

Ever try buying something in a Chinese grocery store? All labeled, but I had no idea what was what in the boxes. Could be soap maybe cake mix.
or a laxative

Paula Jaye
03-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Barbie Lanai

Labels or categories are useful in helping make sense of the world. Each category we place things in usually has a loose fit for everything in that category. The individual items will all vary around this loose definition e.g. we all know what a dog is but they all look different. What we tend do in our minds is make sub-categories e.g. split dogs into different breeds. Too many main categories gets confusing.

In the TG world we can never agree on the labels we already have:confused: to add another one will make it worse. What you have listed in your original post is merely subsets of TG. We are all individuals and when it gets down to the level of detail you propose no-one will fit a category. What label am I? Don't know, don't much care or worry about it. I'm happy to be called TV, CD, TG, tranny, T-girl, cross-sexual!!

Labels are for us to understand the world they are not there to enforce a code of behaviour. I think this is where a lot of the arguments start from.

serinalynn
03-23-2006, 06:18 PM
Damn, and I spent the last twenty some years trying to figure myself out. Just what I needed, to be more confused. lol But, I apply to both of your terms. So what am I then?

Kisses, April Marie

April, you are who you want to be. only you can label your self as whom you want to be.

Lets see now there is Trans-sexual, Trans-gender and now there is cross-sexual. Each Individual among us see these labels a little differently. It is all who you want to be.

JoannaDees
03-23-2006, 07:11 PM
Ugh, another label!
The fuse has been lit, my head is ready to explode!

Bwa ha haaaaaaa! You are "skirt challenged" .... :D