PDA

View Full Version : What have you learned?

Patrica Gil
02-08-2019, 05:36 PM
What do you learn with age as time passes?
Kitten heels are cute. Stilettoes all day just isn’t like it used to be when your young. Everyday dresses do not attract as much attention as a more stylish one will. Leggings are a gal’s best friend. Tunics can cover what the years have done to you. Nylons are wonderful as ever. These days it isn’t a problem having long hair if you’ve got it, and pierced ears are in now. The best part, you don’t give it a second thought if someone notices your pantyhose under your pants because when you wear pantyhose you don’t wear socks! Besides my Ked’s, fit better with pantyhose.
What have you learned?

Nikki A.
02-08-2019, 05:46 PM
I've learned not to care what others think, just be true to yourself. Also that regular pantyhose is more comfortable than the control top.

Beverley Sims
02-08-2019, 05:51 PM
I have learned pants are better than dresses in the winter and I am still looking for the pitchfork brigade.

Allisa
02-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Gravity is a cruel mistress and make-up can only do so much.

RADER
02-08-2019, 06:16 PM
I wear what is comfortable for me. If all I am wearing is a skirt and top, That's is what I will wear.
At my age, I will and can do anything I want.
Rader

Eboni Robinson
02-08-2019, 06:30 PM
I have learned if I don't want "attention", dress like it. Mini skirts, shorts dresses, and high heels are a combo that causes many eyes to be on you that you may not want. I've learned that leggings/yoga pants can feel very nice too. And if I want to show off my shoes, sandals work just as well as heels. :)

kimdl93
02-08-2019, 07:05 PM
Too soon old, too late smart. I’ve been reminded that I am not the center of the universe, contrary to my perspective. I’ve learned that once can take love for granted and that mistake makes all others pale by comparison.

DeeDeeB
02-08-2019, 07:20 PM
I've learned much of what has already been expressed about heels and leggings and such, but mostly I have come to understand that as long as I am confident in how I am dressed in public, I am not likely to find anything except acceptance. Perhaps a second glance, but that happens in guy or gal mode. I try to presume it is because I look fabulous. :)

Dee :fairy1:

Rayleen
02-08-2019, 07:35 PM
I learned that some make up can be worn everyday in either mode, but you face is not a coloring book.
also underdressing is very in style. tops also is nice and nobody cares what you wear.

Ressie
02-08-2019, 07:35 PM
I attempted to grow my hair out last year. It didn't look very good and I ended the experiment with scissors. Texture and color change an awful lot at 65 years old compared to 20 years old. Oh, and the bald spot just doesn't get it! As far as CDing, I still have a lot to learn.

Aunt Kelly
02-08-2019, 09:31 PM
The very same things, Gilda. :)

Tracii G
02-08-2019, 09:51 PM
I have found panty hose in some shoes literally make your feet feel like the bottoms are being ground thru a metal strainer.

Jaylyn
02-08-2019, 10:07 PM
I've learned that just because a wife can tell you she is ok with your CDing that she can change her mind at any time.

Tammy Lynn Tx
02-08-2019, 10:27 PM
I've learned that just because a wife can tell you she is ok with your CDing that she can change her mind at any time.

After 28 years of wedded bliss( i told my wife the night we met about Tammy) the one thing I have learned for sure that the Lady of the house can change her mind at any time about anything.

And the wisest thing I can say or do is give the ultimate answer....Yes dear, you are absolutely right and I love you.

Angie G
02-08-2019, 10:43 PM
I've learned my wife will let Angie in the house and help. I learned I should hve told her 30 years before I did. :hugs:
Angie

TheHiddenMe
02-08-2019, 10:46 PM
I learned there are no torches and pitchforks waiting for me if I stepped outside dressed, but instead there were a number of people willing to see and interact with me dressed.

The outside world was a (mostly) welcoming place instead of a fearful place, and that has made all the difference.

Plus I learned I really like Maggy London and Ted Baker dresses!

Gillian Gigs
02-09-2019, 12:40 AM
I have learned that if I don't like me, then nobody else will either. So I am now at the point of accepting myself and loving myself regardless of whether this CD'ing is a blessing, or a curse. Now that I have come to like me, others are doing the same. After all who's business is it what I choose to wear! Funny thing, people generally don't care, as long as you don't get in their face about it.

Miss V
02-09-2019, 07:46 AM
I learned that I didn't need to keep it a secret from my friends, and it wasn't really a big deal.

Helen_Highwater
02-09-2019, 07:46 AM
I learned there are no torches and pitchforks waiting for me if I stepped outside dressed, but instead there were a number of people willing to see and interact with me dressed.

The outside world was a (mostly) welcoming place instead of a fearful place, and that has made all the difference.

I couldn't agree more. It took me years to progress to the point were I dared to venture out and properly mingle with the muggles. I guess I re-learned what I already knew in that the vast majority of folks are nice, decent people who, if I treat them in a pleasant engaging way they respond in kind.

Teresa
02-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Gilda,
Relating to a thread titled , " reality Vs fantasy !" That is the difference not in the context of that thread but simply before and after of going out in the RW .

The biggest one I have learned is all the labels we chew over on the forum relate very little in the RW because no one really cares or appears to be bothered . Dressing soon becomes more practical , you list a few that do and don't work . I know it depends on how you wish to appear when out, you can blend/integrate or you can raise a few eyebrows .

The real art of what we do is knowing what does work and what doesn't , if we want to appear female and be accepted .

MsEva
02-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Gilda,
Relating to a thread titled , " reality Vs fantasy !" That is the difference not in the context of that thread but simply before and after of going out in the RW .

The biggest one I have learned is all the labels we chew over on the forum relate very little in the RW because no one really cares or appears to be bothered . Dressing soon becomes more practical , you list a few that do and don't work . I know it depends on how you wish to appear when out, you can blend/integrate or you can raise a few eyebrows .

The real art of what we do is knowing what does work and what doesn't , if we want to appear female and be accepted .

So true! I have learned that you have to accept your self or no one will. I have also learned that aging has some benefits. I don't need as much foundation (if any) to cover any five oclock shadow!

Jean 103
02-09-2019, 12:54 PM
So much has changed in my life, but I’m still the same person.

This is not the real world, not even close. All this stuff that is discussed here, no one cares.

I don’t have to hide, I can just live my life as Jean. And by being out and just me I have more friends than ever.

I’ve even changed the picture on my driver’s license, still no reaction. I have had to use it to get on the base for work. Not even a raised eyebrow.

Being out has made my life easier and more fun.

Stephanie47
02-09-2019, 01:23 PM
I found many decades ago that pushing cross dressing onto a non supportive wife is counter productive. If a woman did not know of her husband's desires before marriage do not expect her to roll over and accept everything he wants to do.

abbiedrake
02-11-2019, 05:36 PM
In the past year and a half since I started CDing I've learned that dressing as a woman can make me a better man. I've learned to respct and accept who I am more than at any other time in my life. Those are hard-won things.

From you lot I've learned that venturing out into the RW dressed will likely be as uneventful as I imagine. Though in my pharmaceutically-challenged neighbourhood nothing is a given. Now if I can only convince my other half.

Bellatrix
02-13-2019, 12:45 AM
I’ve learned that yoga pants are more comfortable than anything. There is a learning curve to applying makeup. My wife makes it look so easy. Wearing heals at home on carpet is different than out on pavement. Feeling feminine is a state of mind first and the rest follows.

Leslie Mary S
02-13-2019, 04:25 AM
I learnd that I don't know as much as I thought I did. Specially reading people like muggles.

rhonda
02-13-2019, 06:43 AM
I'm learning if you want to quit cd'ing , it's gets into your head until you think of nothing else and it drives you nutty until you submit

LeannS
02-13-2019, 01:09 PM
Love more, give even more, check where I been dressing 3 times leave and check again
Enjoy what I am doing just a wealth of information here and for that I thank everyone here

Alice B
02-13-2019, 01:38 PM
I have learned that getting old sucks. I can't do what I used to do. My desires wain, but my urges REMAIN STRONG.

ShelbyDawn
02-13-2019, 06:43 PM
1. I've learned the importance of liking who I am and accepting all of it.
2. I've learned that the vast majority of people I see every day think about me about as much as I think about them, which is pretty close to not at all.
3. I've learned that if they do notice the bra strap across my back, they really don't care. see number 2.
4. I've learned that panties are comfortable and I really do enjoy the way the lace on some of them feels when I move.
5. I've learned that there is very little more comfortable than a nicely flowing skirt and firmly believe if more men knew how nice it was, they would start wearing them.
6. I could go on, but finally, I've learned that this forum is a Godsend of caring accepting people that will be there for you and for me at our best and at our worst.

Thanks

Edit: PS, I learned today that even if a professional like a Dr. or a massage therapist doesn't comment about your panties or your bra marks, does'nt mean they don't care

BLUE ORCHID
02-13-2019, 08:27 PM
Hi Gilda :hugs:, The Short Answer is , At 76 I have learned to enjoy having the best of Both Worlds.

I can still do Stilettos with out a problem. >Orchid ..O:daydreaming:O..

Miss V
02-14-2019, 07:25 AM
I have learned that getting old sucks.

This too!

I never even thought about age until recently, in my mid thirties, the signs of aging suddenly appeared overnight. I used to be almost passable in my 20's. But not anymore :(

Jennifer_Ph
02-14-2019, 07:34 AM
I've learned I can wear what makes me comfortable... if that's a cargo skirt, pantyhose, and some low heeled booties to work, I'm okay with that, and so is the rest of the world. I guess in a nutshell, I've learned that the world really doesn't care what men wear.

SailorMoon
02-14-2019, 07:57 AM
Hello Everyone,

Before working as a security guard in a central mall, I used to work for a company that consisted mostly of lawyers and finance people. It "felt" like a good environment base on what people were projecting and everything seemed normal.

I worked for that company for about fire years and notice that on the 2nd year working there, that the company really has cool and fancy parties during Christmas and especially Halloween as many would take that opportunity to dress up a little more "daring".

On the 3rd year I decided to dress up on Halloween by scheduling a professional makeup artist from MEG and custom order way ahead of time my costume including heels, ... etc.

I was really excited and waiting with a lot of anticipation, it wasn't cheap and speed several nice coins to get everything ready. Wearing a magnificent corset and showing off like 99.00% of my legs in pantyhose and gorgeous high heels, my nails professionally done too... everything dead on with details and it fitted my body well and the shape.

A lot of my co-workers back then were really amazed about my costume and women especially asking me things like "where did you get this and that?" while others were really nice and complimenting me which was really warm and sweet.

Not long after the Halloween party and going about with normal work... men, group of men... started to ask me things like "How did you learn to walk so well in such high, high heels?" which continued with "Did you learn this from working the corners or working at a strip club?". Needless to say some of these employees are lawyers but humans are humans, ignorant and hurting our feelings.

These comments and more kept going on the 4th year working there and on the 5th year I just got tired of it as I was reminded on each Halloween why I am not dressing up? They were so many reasons why I no longer dressed in Halloween on the 4th and 5th year, especially a group of men on the 3rd year (Halloween) that wanted to slap my ass and said " I bet you will like it!".

Needless to say that I got tired and saw people there as animal but 98% of those negative comments were from men, disgusting pigs and low moral people. Women were nice just 3-5 of them that said a few negative comments which aren't even close to what those men told me.

I left the company as I couldn't take the stupid comments anymore and found a much better job which people are really nice and more "open minded" and fun too.

What I've learned in that in professional companies you cannot be yourself especially when you "cross dress" in Halloween even if it is a costume. Companies and Crossdressing is a big no, no because men own most areas and a good portion of these men are pigs. That is what I've learned.

Asew
02-14-2019, 02:35 PM
I learned to accept myself.

mercterr
02-14-2019, 02:57 PM
I've learned don't purge. At least keep your favorites. This comes and goes through out life, but it is always a part of you. Throwing things away won't "cure" you and you'll want those things again some day.

Patrica Gil
02-14-2019, 05:07 PM
I posted the "What have you learned". The comments were wonderful. Some made me laugh while others made me realize quite a few things were not just my head running wild. Mostly though what got me is the truth of the comments. That is truly appreciated because such transparency is rare. Maybe a large part of who we are should come out into the light more often because we are real people with feelings and emotions, and with no intent of harming anyone. Thank you again so much.

Beverley Sims
02-14-2019, 06:35 PM
Gilda, thank you for showing your gratitude in this way.

I am pleased the exercise was beneficial to you and from the array of comments you may learn even more yourself.

docrobbysherry
02-14-2019, 08:27 PM
Gilda, if u posted this on your "What---" thread, us lazy girls could just scroll up to see what u were referring to!:heehee:

RADER
02-14-2019, 10:42 PM
Coming to this forum was the best thing that ever happened to me. I have gained a lot of
confidence in my self. I now under dress every day, with a Bra, and not think about it.
I have learned a lot about who I am and where I want to go.
Rader

sometimes_miss
02-14-2019, 10:50 PM
The collective total of what I've learned, can be found in my bio, link to which is in my sig. There's simply far too much to put it all into one post. Feel free to see if any of it may apply to you, too; it's about a ten minute read.

BrendaPDX
02-15-2019, 08:45 AM
I have learned to do my makeup first, and my nails last.

Leslie Mary S
02-15-2019, 11:09 AM
I also learned that gravel and /or grass, and spiked heels are a murderous combination. Don't do it.

Devi SM
02-15-2019, 01:57 PM
I've learned that I'm not a crossdresser but a trasgender and that changed my whole life. About dressing, ring trasgender completely change that.

Susan Smith
02-15-2019, 05:58 PM
I've learned that nothing works... ever!

Krisi
02-15-2019, 05:58 PM
I've learned that the boobs go in the front and the butt goes in the back! ;)

Seriously, SailorMoon posted something that we should all know. People are not willing to accept crossdresser as friends and co-workers (in most cases). Halloween or not, it's best not to crossdress in front of people you know or especially those you work with.

Christie ann
02-15-2019, 09:04 PM
I have learned that my wife can spot mascara that I thought I had washed from a mile away.