PDA

View Full Version : 1/2 Windsor

Mermaiden
02-16-2019, 04:56 PM
I wore a tie to work today and tried 4 times to get a 1/2 Windsor knot to come out right. In fact I ended up downloading pictorial instructions. On the other hand, I realized I am facile at getting a bra on and off with a front clasp, back hooks or by slipping overhead. I think that means something.

Tracii G
02-16-2019, 07:06 PM
Just tells you that you have trouble tying a tie nothing more.

Melanie Therese
02-17-2019, 12:11 AM
If you are going to do it, full Windsor is the only way to go, half is sloppy and I hate seeing professional people with a half arsed attempt at a tie.

But has for the Bra, yep because we like wearing bra's we want to get it right. I just hate those small buttons and loop thingys

docrobbysherry
02-17-2019, 02:23 AM
I've always worn 1/2 Windsor ties. Most ties aren't long enuff for me to tie a full Windsor properly. I'm not great at them, but I never really cared much how I look in guy mode. Folks never have noticed me. I'm not good looking so why bother putting in a lot of effort?:straightface:

On the other hand, Sherry is attractive and gets a lot of attention!:battingeyelashes:
I don't cut corners with her looks!:thumbsup:

biancabellelover
02-17-2019, 04:27 AM
I used to wear ties every day and preferred the full Windsor. The main reason was laziness.

To undo my tie at the end of the day (I tied a new knot every day, so maybe not so lazy after all), I’d simply pull the tail out of the knot and pull, and the tie would undo completely. If I did that with a half windsor, I’d be left with a thumb knot that would need to be undone.

Michelle

Michelle

Cheryl T
02-17-2019, 02:02 PM
A Full Windsor is a much nicer knot. I find 1/2 Windsor always looks a bit off kilter.

Try tying a scarf in one of those and wearing it with a nice dress or blouse and you'll get the hang of it.

Beverley Sims
02-17-2019, 04:22 PM
Full Windsor knot, more symmetrical.

Cross the tie, up over left anti anticlockwise, across the back to the right, again anti clock wise through the centre, wraparound the the left again, and up through the centre, poke down the front space behind the piece that goes right across the front, now tighten the lot up.

Disclaimer, don't do this at home without assistance, serious injury may result.

I hope you didn't choke yourself.

Why is it called a Windsor Knot?

I dunno' I never saw any when I visited Windsor. :-)

Anyone do bow ties?

alwayshave
02-17-2019, 07:28 PM
More of a full Windsor guy myself. Just looks better.

Eemz
02-17-2019, 07:40 PM
I think I've wandered into the F2M section by accident ...

LOL

Be that as it may... it's the full Windsor or nothing. No half measures :)

Howto video https://youtu.be/YsTVAduG3HQ

Joni T
02-18-2019, 12:57 AM
Half windsors look sloppy and lazy and off-center. It's full-windsor or bow tie (when wearing my Prince Charlie jacket and kilts) for this old man.
Jon

Jenny Elwood
02-18-2019, 04:13 AM
I think you want it to mean something... ;-)

Ressie
02-18-2019, 08:16 AM
It means you don't wear a tie very often, in fact, hardly at all! OTOH, you probably wear a bra every day.

BrendaPDX
02-18-2019, 08:55 AM
For me it depends on the tie, full Windsor for thinner ties, half Windsor for the bigger/thicker ties.

sometimes_miss
02-18-2019, 04:00 PM
Full Windsor knot, more symmetrical.

Cross the tie, up over left anti anticlockwise, <snip>

That would mean clockwise. At least that's what my auntie says.

Ressie
02-18-2019, 07:04 PM
I don't think I've ever tied a full winnie. It took me long enough to learn to tie a half. The full does look better though doesn't it? Meanwhile I've excelled at lacing up a corset ;)

Asew
02-18-2019, 08:24 PM
Sure it means something, that you don't like tight things wrapped around your neck for the sake of looking masculine.

Lana Mae
02-18-2019, 08:39 PM
Used to be able to tie a full! Have not for years! Used...clip on ties! And why are we talking about ties anyway! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

gender_blender
02-20-2019, 10:22 AM
I learned to tie a Windsor knot only after doing a business casual striptease with an all women’s burlesque group on stage. True story!

Krisi
02-20-2019, 10:35 AM
For a while I wore a tie to work. Windsor knot. Now, I'm retired and only wear a tie to Christmas dinner and weddings and funerals (mostly funerals). I still remember how to tie a tie.

As for a bra, that's much simpler than tying a necktie.

Robertacd
02-20-2019, 11:15 AM
I never could tie a tie. The last time I ever wore one was in the 90's at my Stepfather's funeral.

I was fumbling with it in the church restroom and the funeral director happened to come in and he tied it for me.

Beverley Sims
02-20-2019, 12:05 PM
Used to be able to tie a full! Have not for years! Used...clip on ties! And why are we talking about ties anyway! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

Don't forget the F to M brigade, I bet some of you guys could tie any tie into all sorts of knots..

Tell us about it.

I could steal the thread, although that would be naughty........ :-)

Who can tie a bow on a sash that has to be done on the rear?

This is a dress now.

No you can't turn it around, there are belt loops. :-)

docrobbysherry
02-20-2019, 01:02 PM
I do that all the time, Bev. The only issue is when it is short. If u can tie your corset laces back there sashers r easy!:thumbsup:

ReineD
02-21-2019, 03:45 AM
Lol my SO doesn't know how either, but that's because he's in academia and never wears ties. I think we can count on one hand the amounts of time he has worn a tie throughout his life! :)

So at my son's wedding, I had to do it. It was easy for me because I was facing my SO the same way that I faced the video I was watching. You should put the tie on a hanger and do it that way.

Click on the link for the youtube video. I don't think the YTUBE wrapper tags work anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tENCJAhqhmk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tENCJAhqhmk)

Krisi
02-21-2019, 10:17 AM
You know, once you get it tied correctly (get help if needed), you don't have to untie it. Loosen it, slip it over your head and leave it tied. Next time, slip it over your head and pull it tight.

Really, tying a necktie is pretty simple and anyone should be able to master it. Like tying your shoes.