PDA

View Full Version : overcoming fears

pedalgirl
02-17-2019, 07:44 AM
After getting up early this AM I decided to put on full make-up which I normally don't do. After finishing my make-up I put on bra, forms, and hip-pads, then dressed in black slacks, pink blouse, black 4in pumps and jewelry. I headed out to McDonalds for my morning coffee when I noticed that I needed gas. No big deal I will stop at the Pilot truckstop and fill up. After filling up my tank I get in my car to go the McDonalds drive-thru when I just kind of out the blue just decided what the heck Pilot has pretty good coffee so I get back out of car and walked into the truckstop, bought my coffee and proceeded out the door. I received no funny looks or negative comments. The thing that really surprised me was the fact that I did not feel nervous at all. Now I have to decide if I prefer McDonalds coffee or the Pilot coffee which is a little closer to my house.

Brandi Christine
02-17-2019, 08:05 AM
Good for you, sometimes you just need to get out and do it. I'm glad for you!

Tina June
02-17-2019, 10:20 AM
Old proverb -
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Getting fully dressed first thing in the morning, gassing up the car and grabbing a cup of coffee, works just as well.

Shelly Preston
02-17-2019, 03:48 PM
Congratulations on overcoming some of your fears.

I always found the daytime was easier for building confidence.

Beverley Sims
02-17-2019, 04:05 PM
I am curious as to how long you have been going out, it is still a great step and a little less traumatic each time you venture out.

Interaction with others certainly helps the process.

As Shelly has said, it does become easy in the daytime as you are one of many out there, where as at night you can be one of the few and noticed more often.

pedalgirl
02-17-2019, 07:24 PM
Beverly I have been going out for quite some time, but normally at night and rarely getting out of the safety of my car. I have gotten out a few times to get gas at self-serve pumps. As I stated I usually go through McDonalds drive thru, but maybe this will give me the confidence to expand my horizons.

alwayshave
02-17-2019, 07:35 PM
PedalGirl, good for you. I love heading out on Sunday mornings.

Nikki A.
02-17-2019, 07:41 PM
It's a good first step. Once you get a taste then you'll want to do more and more. I agree that it is easier in daylight than at night in that there are more people around and they are all busy doing their thing.

JennyLiz
02-17-2019, 07:42 PM
Congratz! Big first step, You wont regret it.

Lana Mae
02-17-2019, 07:50 PM
Great! You go girl! Hugs Lana Mae

silkiehosewearer
02-19-2019, 03:14 PM
That is so awesome big hugs and kisses XOXO

Tracii G
02-19-2019, 05:56 PM
Glad you overcame your fear this time and remember there will always be others to deal with.

Lydianne
02-20-2019, 01:42 AM
The thing that really surprised me was the fact that I did not feel nervous at all. Now I have to decide if I prefer McDonalds coffee or the Pilot coffee which is a little closer to my house.

When the cost of not doing it eventually exceeds the cost of doing it. It's like a force.

Both coffees will taste sweeter from now on :coffee:.

Congratulations! :thumbsup:.

- Lydianne.

Lara A
02-20-2019, 07:39 AM
I now walk around places en femme often, but I am more comfortable somewhere I am not known. Paris this weekend!

- - - Updated - - -

...which is a long way from Tucson!

Krisi
02-20-2019, 10:13 AM
For me the biggest fear is my neighbors seeing me walking to and from the car. That's to the point that I underdress and drive somewhere else to finish dressing. Walking around where people don't know me or won't recognize me, I'm fine. I could certainly go through the drive through for coffee but then I would have to find a restroom so I haven't done that.

Now to explain that fear so people don't post that I should "just do it and not care what my neighbors think", not only would it bother me for the neighbors to know I'm a crossdresser, it would really bother my wife. Much of the acceptance I get from my wife is based on the knowledge that it's our little secret.

gender_blender
02-20-2019, 10:23 AM
Yaaassss! Fabulous success! Wonderful job!

lori m crawford
02-22-2019, 09:14 PM
trucker have seen it all so do workers I was a trucker for yers

BLUE ORCHID
02-23-2019, 05:50 AM
Hi Pedal Girl :hugs:, It really sound like you are owning it and enjoying it. >Orchid ..O:daydreaming:O..

BostonBrenda
03-07-2019, 12:52 PM
Im 60 and Im nearly at the point when I dont care what people think, soon Im going to be shopping for lingerie in guy mode mode. I think if I do it briefly every day my fears will vanish