PDA

View Full Version : Transgender Songs

Sometimes Steffi
02-18-2019, 09:43 PM
I was wandering around the Internet, and discovered this list of songs about a transgender individual (https://www.songfacts.com/category/songs-about-transgender-individuals), along with lyrics and commentary. I just read through a few of them and they were quite entertaining. Enjoy, and comment below if anything strikes your fancy,

OCCarly
02-18-2019, 10:34 PM
It is an interesting list, but I prefer songs with subtle lyrics that might be. Like “She Sells Sanctuary” by The Cult and “The Visitors” by ABBA. Also “Tell Me When” by The Human League and “I Came For You” by Manfred Mann.

And then there is a new transgender artist, Kim Petras. Everything she has done is good.

Hell on Heels
02-18-2019, 11:04 PM
Hell-o Steph,
The list isn’t bad. I’m thinkin’ it oughta make an interesting playlist.
Dude Looks Like a Lady raised a few questions from a coworker a few days ago.
A whole playlist should really make his head spin!
I’d like to add “Get Back” by the Beetles.
And a touch of Country with “All Kinds of Kinds” by Miranda Lambert.
And another...”You Can’t Pray the Gay Away” by Laura Bell Bundy.
Much Love,
Kristyn

t-girlxsophie
02-19-2019, 04:16 AM
Couple of favourites of mines are As Girls Go by Suzanne Vega and
I Wish I was a Girl by The Vaccines

Sophie

Macey
02-19-2019, 04:25 AM
And there's always The Beatles Ob La Di Ob La Da. Ends up with a little crossdressing and a little gender role reversal in a fun way.

Beverley Sims
02-19-2019, 05:00 AM
Interesting, there does not seem to be many songs released before the eighties?

Does that point towards a more tolerant audience, or is it now a popular subject?

Maybe it is a survey submitted by a younger audience?

Brandi Christine
02-19-2019, 06:20 AM
Two of my favorites, "Cherry Lips" & "Androgyny" by Garbage, and I just started listening to "I Am Her" by Shea Diamond, it is great!

mykell
02-19-2019, 06:52 AM
hey babe......take a walk on the wild side......doo da doo da doo da doo doo dooooooo

Diane Taylor
02-19-2019, 07:12 AM
Lola by the Kinks

jennylou
02-19-2019, 10:46 AM
Didn't Blondie do a song called Crossdressing in the USA?
Or was that just my interpretation of the lyrics

Asew
02-19-2019, 10:57 AM
If you look into drag queens, there are several that are about transgender. One of my favorites is:
Just Me (The Gender Binary Blues) by Jinx Monsoon.

And a few others:
Born This Way by Lady Gaga.
Most Girls by Hailee Steinfeld.

5150 Girl
02-19-2019, 11:53 AM
Androgynous by Joan Jett. JJ also covered Crimson and Clover without reworking the lyrics.
Live'n on the edge by Areosmith.

Sara Jessica
02-19-2019, 12:32 PM
It is an interesting list, but I prefer songs with subtle lyrics that might be. Like “She Sells Sanctuary” by The Cult and “The Visitors” by ABBA. Also “Tell Me When” by The Human League and “I Came For You” by Manfred Mann.

Nice add, I’ll have to revisit the ABBA and Cult songs this evening.

If you like the subtle, listen to In A Swan by Siouxsie from her album without The Banshees.