PDA

View Full Version : Men have deeper pockets!

annekathleen
03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
Seriously,

I usually wear Lee Carpenter style jeans
In mens size, they are W34 x L30
In womens, I wear a size 16 S
The pockets in the womens jeans are NOT as deep as
they are in my mens jeans
The waist is about 1/2" looser in the womens jeans,
and the womens jeans have a little more room in the hips.
But I found it funny that the pockets in the womens
jeans are not as deep as the pockets in the mens jeans!

ChristineRenee
03-22-2006, 05:23 PM
Seriously,

jeans are not as deep as the pockets in the mens jeans!They don't need deep pockets hon...that's why they carry purses!;)

Reana
03-22-2006, 07:11 PM
I've made the same observation about the pockets in my women's jeans but never thought much about it until now. It doesn't cause a problem because I never put anything in them anyway but it might be interesting to know the true reason for this. I'm surprised the zipper is not on the opposite side like the women's blouses/shirts. +?

jo_ann
03-22-2006, 08:06 PM
my wife often complains that female pants/jackets never have enough pockets, probably why she shops for mens clothes a lot.

tacal
03-22-2006, 08:10 PM
I'm thinking about sewing pocket extensions into my womens jeans. I miss the deep pockets, but love everything else about them.

Robertacd
03-22-2006, 08:13 PM
It really depends on the brand and style of jeans. I have a pair of Levi's 515's that are indeed not as deep and mens 501's. But I have several pairs of Venesia jeans (my favorite) and they have very deep pockets, and larger at the top, they go all the way to the zipper, much wider than most mens jeans. K-Mart's Route 66 jeans pockets are about the same as mens jeans I think. But then it has been years since I wore a pair of mens jeans.

Jodi
03-22-2006, 08:37 PM
My Victorias Secret London Jeans have pockets equal to my guy jeans.

Jodi

Francine
03-22-2006, 09:15 PM
true.
I normally wear 36 x 36 men's jeans.
And the pockets usually are smaller in women's jeans.
In women's jeans, I have dropped down to a size 14UT (ultra-tall)
but I have found that the waist, being a bit snug, tends to show other 'attributes' making my shape just a bit more feminine. :cheeky:

Francine

Barb Valentine
03-22-2006, 09:33 PM
Seriously,

jeans are not as deep as the pockets in the mens jeans!

size 16 I'm jealous

barbie lanai
03-23-2006, 10:26 AM
Yes the pockets are shorter, but cured that with the little black fanny pack I use now to carry my stuff. Now if I can only break that habit of putting keys and stuff back into the pockets instead of the pack. Thinking of the "cure" the Navy boot camp had to keep sailors' hands out of their jacket pockets. Had to sew the pockets closed.

Billijo49504
03-23-2006, 12:26 PM
I do like barbie, I carry a fanny pack too. I have my cell phone on the belt and the keys hook on the belt also. The only thing I put in my pockets is a little change. And that's even if I have mens pants on....BJ

Sarah Rabbit
03-23-2006, 04:00 PM
Hi Girls

Just a question. I have noticed a lot of treads regarding jeans. Being a skirts, blouse and dress kind of person, I have never thought about wearing femme jeans (A little to much like mens clothes) However The constant theme with female jeans on the forum, is how much more comfortable they are. Is this just a mind thing or is there truth to it. I hate to think I am missing out on a good thing by not exploring this avenue, however I do not wish to spend money on Items that have very little tactile difference to their male counterpart. I would appreciate any input on this matter

Hugs, Sarah R. :bunny:

Katrina
03-23-2006, 04:12 PM
Hi Girls

Just a question. I have noticed a lot of treads regarding jeans. Being a skirts, blouse and dress kind of person, I have never thought about wearing femme jeans (A little to much like mens clothes) However The constant theme with female jeans on the forum, is how much more comfortable they are. Is this just a mind thing or is there truth to it. I hate to think I am missing out on a good thing by not exploring this avenue, however I do not wish to spend money on Items that have very little tactile difference to their male counterpart. I would appreciate any input on this matter

I think they feel a lot different. They are different especially if you get ones that have some stretch to them. I like how they fit better than nasty baggy guy jeans. I wasn't a believer when I first joined the forum - I thought, why would I want to wear something that is so close to guys clothes. Let me say, they are very sexy. I have a pair with bling on the bum, and another pair with glitter thoughout them. They are very feminine.

Francine
03-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Women's jeans...go for it.
I have three pair so far. Like I said earlier, I usually wear 36x36 mens, even though they are a bit 'relaxed fit' on me. The first women's jeans was a size 16T to test the fit. Waist fit fine, but hips were a bit big. I tried to shrink these just a bit by drying in the dryer.
That's when I decided to try a pair of 14UT (ultra talls) to get the length I wanted/needed but I had to order them through the catalog.
For me, the problem was length, needing a 36" inseam. The waist fits a bit tighter than the jeans, but so do the hips and thighs but not too tight.
I actually was surprised at the way the fit and like them and have even them worn them to work. (yes, rest of me, 'drab mode). And on sale, even cost less than I usually pay for a pair of jeans.

Francine

Jodi
03-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I recently got a pair of Eddie Bauer stretch, bootcut womens jeans. Can't beat them. Once a person wears stretch in any pants, jeans or dress pants, one will never want to wear straight cotton again. The pockjets are just as deep as their men's jeans.

Jodi

Sarah Rabbit
03-24-2006, 03:35 PM
Thank you for the responses. It looks like I will have to bite the bullet and Buy a pair. It's times like these when I wish I could try the S.O's. But she is a diffrent size to me:sad:

Kristen Kelly
03-25-2006, 05:52 PM
I have stopped putting things in my pockets, now carry a fanny pack in drab. To pass you have to blend so I wear imbelished jeans, much more fem. I have begun to wear womens med rise jeans (size 12) most of the time with panties and neutral gender shoes or sneakers. In fact I think they fit better than mens pants.I love the skirts and blouses too, but going out in them to many places YELLS here I am, would rather be the crowd than the show.