PDA

View Full Version : Silly question?

Stacy Lyn
03-22-2006, 06:38 PM
This is my first post and it may sound like a strange question but it is on my mind.
A friend has invited me to go and visit a psychic with her. She has had a number of readings with this person and has relayed some very accurate and surprising info. He apparently has the ability to communicate with our family member that have passed away. While I'm not sure I believe in psychics and such I do find it very interesting.

My question is has anyone been outed by a psychic?

Are my relatives on the "other side" watching me as Stacy?

I have a hard enough time keeping Stacy hidden from my living family do I have add the deceased to my list too?

Please let me know your thoughts

KELLYANN
03-22-2006, 07:34 PM
STACY, they may watch from afar, but know this is who you are! HUGS!!

jo_ann
03-22-2006, 08:11 PM
psychics are about as real as easter bunnies and santa claus, they're bogus. every psychic uses cold reading to lead you into the answers. example: I'm thinking of a name that starts with S.. anyone you know who's name starts with an S? Now of course you know at least one person who's name starts with S, and then it continues to basically a fortune cookie where they tell you very general information like "You will come into money soon".. well of course, everyone comes into money, every payday. They are for entertainment purposes only, and they will not be able to reveal crap.

trannie T
03-22-2006, 08:16 PM
If you wear a dress to the psychic she may determine you're a crossdresser. Otherwise they're frauds, save your money. And don't worry about your late grannie outing you.

kathy gg
03-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Okay when I was dating my husband my Mom insisted we go to her pychic, she wanted to know if all was going to be good for me in this relationship....I can here snickers now.....anyway, she does not know about the cd stuff. And to be honest, I was a little concerned. Well the chick was totally off, she thought my husband to be had a child he was not telling me about! NO mention of the cd stuff. haha! of course we have been married over 6 yrs and the only child we have is the one we made. But anyway, I dont' believe that anyone with "real" powers would be using them to communicate with spirits for money. I think they woudl be helping police or something. I do believe that there are gifted people in this world, but I dont' see them charging $20 a session.

I think you are safe....

as for your dead relatives seeing you dressed? hm, that I suppose depends on yrou religious beliefs...

Stacy Lyn
03-23-2006, 02:52 AM
Good advice from all. Thank you.
I'm going to see him and will let you know what he says.
If I'm outed I'll let you know.
I hope Granny knows me for who I am not what I wear.

Lisa Golightly
03-23-2006, 03:02 AM
My best friend is a psychic, but he doesn't sell his gift for money, in fact he doesn't seem to like having it as a gift very much. When we met I was going through a macho phase and no-one could guessed that I had lived as a woman...

One day in the pub he turned to me and said "I keep having this odd image appear in my head when I think about you... I see you look in a mirror, but the reflection is that of a woman". Have to admit it threw me completely, but it did enable me to realise that although events in the past would never go away, neither would the person I was inside.

sparks
03-23-2006, 03:08 AM
Finally a post i can truly relate too! My grandfather passed away in the house I grew up in. and many a nights heavy footsteps came calling. This always scared the begeebers outta me! They would start in the kitchen and straight into my room! No matter how I had my bed the footsteps stopped right at the edge! My Da says since I was in the room that he had when I was a boy it was just his dad making sure he was OK! Nice thought anyway. But being a kid than a teeny it wasn't much of a comfort!
Now i never met granddad he passed on way before my time but could you imagine him pulling the covers away to see dressed in women's skimpies! embarrassment into another dimension!
Don't ask me who the female specter was but she was extremely scary whenever I saw her! And no it was not grandpa in drag!
I believe in alot of supernatural things cause I have witnessed plenty So I think some could be watching!

crusadergirl
03-23-2006, 03:15 AM
I believe there fakes for the most part sometimes they get stuff right but is only 10% of the time. I know my future and i don't need someone telling me lies lol.

Jennaie
03-23-2006, 03:25 AM
My parents are both passed and frankly, If they can see me, which I do not believe they can, but if they can, I want them to see me for who I am. I spent enough time hiding myself from them when they were alive.

Stacy Lyn
03-23-2006, 03:26 AM
I love the hearing from you all.
Please keep it coming.

Angela Burke
03-23-2006, 04:07 AM
If my Mother and Father are watching me from "the other side" I know exactly what they what they are thinking/saying.
Father- "Do you have the slightest idea what you f*****g look like?"

Mother- "That's a nice skirt Andrew (never Angela) is it new?"

I can't see a small thing like death changing them in the slightest,(I hope not!)

AngelAshley
03-23-2006, 04:14 AM
I agree with the 'So called psycics are trying to get your money' trend. These are people who take advantage of people who want to beleive, or who reallly blindly want to contact someone beyond the grave. The only gift these psycics have is the ability to manipulate these people into beleiving them, so they give them more and more money.

Cathy Anderson
03-23-2006, 04:44 AM
I basically agree with Lisa. IMO, the only "psychic" worth listening too is someone who offers their advice for free. And even then I'd see it just as normal human intuition, with the "psychic" part just a game or role-play as a way of facilitating it.

But I'd stay clear of any psychic who takes their "psychic ability" seriously.

Are my relatives on the "other side" watching me as Stacy?
Suggestion: would it be possible to approach CDing in a way such that this wouldn't matter? My guess is that if this is an issue for you, it likely indicates your own inner conflicts.

Cathy

ronda
03-23-2006, 05:15 AM
some phsycics are very good when you go if you want to know if the person do the reading is real or not don't anwser question let them tell you what they have to tell you then talk about it later. some people can read you and your passed very well then can some times tell you what is coming up. i won't tell you they will not out you but it would not think the reader would give out that info even if it was given and you should be the only one in the room at the time of the reading so that what is said is private. :)

Teresa Amina
03-23-2006, 07:38 AM
Outed by a psychic? At least they are easily portrayed as frauds, but I would be worried too if I were in the wrong company at the time. These people may not be very good at what they do but they are in touch with Something.
Have an digital camera? Take a series of pictures around the various rooms in your house. For some reason these cameras will pick up "energy" if it's there. When we sold our house the real estate agent had a "virtual tour" made for the internet listing along with a number of other shots. Well there was one Very distinct "orb" in several shots. Nonchalantly both the photographer and the agent said "Do you know you have a ghost?"
In this house I took a series of pictures when I was repainting late last year.
Found I have at least four here as four showed up in one particular shot. I examined the areas where I took these shots to see if there were likely sources of reflections and didn't find any.
So, ok, just what/who are they? Visiting relatives? Old native american spirits just passing through familiar territory? Perhaps your guardian angel or spirit guides keeping watch over you. If they are departed loved ones they now have a better perspective on the universe and won't be judging you harshly. Life is weird, death is just the next step in whatever this is all about.

Lilith Moon
03-23-2006, 08:32 AM
I believe they are all frauds but some very skilled ones. The good ones can pick up on the slightest nuances of body language and speech intonation from the subject and surroundings, then use various methods to pad out what they have gleaned and make it vey convincing. I'm sure a skilled psychic could easily out a crossdresser if they wanted to...I bet we all give off subtle and not so subtle clues.

Now, isn't that interesting ! As I was looking at this thread I noticed the ad banner at the bottom of the page. It was for a service offering psychic readings. Very clever.

Or maybe psychic :D

MsEva
03-23-2006, 08:35 AM
Oh great now I need to get guilt walking around the house in front of our picture hall...terrific! That is all I need.:D

Tina Dixon
03-23-2006, 08:38 AM
psychics are about as real as easter bunnies and santa claus

No Santa:eek: Don't believe in Psyhics my self, but if you want to go then go, we have all spent our money foolishly some wheres.

GypsyKaren
03-23-2006, 10:05 AM
I think the only thing a psychic can out you of is your money.

Karen

Reana
03-23-2006, 10:37 AM
I think the only thing a psychic can out you of is your money.

Karen
I agree and would like to take this a step further. Wouldn't it be interesting to see if a psychic can discover that innermost closely guarded secret of most CDs. If one could tell me about my dressing history and specific special interest relating to it, I might just be converted to a believer. :p

uknowhoo
03-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Wouldn't it be interesting to see if a psychic can discover that innermost closely guarded secret of most CDs.

I remember in college when a hyptomist came to perform at our school. It was a wonderful show, and I would have so enjoyed being the subject. I didn't dare raise my hand to volunteer though, fearing that my big secret might come out if I were hypnotized.:eek:

:D

Tammi

TGMarla
03-23-2006, 11:28 AM
Sure, but he'd more likely make you cluck like a chicken. I think most psychics are frauds. Names like Sylvia Brown, James Van Prague, and Jonathan Edward come to mind. All of them are frauds. They engage in "cold reading", which is nothing more than throwing mud up on the walls to see how much of it sticks. Ever notice how they always tell the surviving loved ones just what they want to hear? "Oh, ______ is with the angels now, up in Heaven, surrounded by your grandmother and great-Aunt!" It's a bunch of crap by any standard. And they make piles of money off of people who are genuinely berieved.

I have no time for any of them.

Julie Avery
03-23-2006, 12:02 PM
Stacy, it's not every day that I hear of an anxiety about crossdressing that has never occurred to me, but this is one...if my grandma's looking at me through a portal right now and seeing my kulotes and embroidered denim blouse, she must also see this huge grin on my face, hopefully it's contagious and she's finding herself unable to help smiling back :)

Christina Nicole
03-23-2006, 12:17 PM
Yes, there probably is something to psychics and their abilities. I'll base my conclusions from two directions.

I know people who have had readings done by psychics. Some of them were pretty vague and easily set aside as hokum. However, my wife had one done by a psychic that her friend sees frequently. This woman told my wife things that she absolutely could not have known. She told her things about someone "J" or "S" that didn't make sense until she realized that she knew that person by a different name, like a nickname.

I don't remember the exact item so I'll invent a parallel for illustrative purposes. "Everyone is listening to M play the piano." But my wife didn't know any M. Later she realized that M was her Aunt Margaret whom everyone called Aunt Peggy and was a concert pianist. The fortune teller told my wife things about my family that my wife didn't know and had to ask me about later.

Secondly, there are warnings and admonitions in the Bible that believers should not seek seers and fortune tellers and warning against said practice. Mostly this is in the Old Testament, particularly Isaiah as well as other books of the Old. Most references to fortune telling in the New Testament appear in Acts. If it is harmless play, why are there warnings against seers, fortune telling, and the like?

I am sure there are many fraudulent seers out there. But you may come upon one who can see. How far out on the limb you climb is something you get to decide.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Reana
03-23-2006, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=TGMarla] All of them are frauds. They engage in "cold reading", which is nothing more than throwing mud up on the walls to see how much of it sticks. Ever notice how they always tell the surviving loved ones just what they want to hear?

My thoughts exactly. I would guess these people don't have any mud to throw on the walls relating to CDing or, at least, would never dream of going in that direction. Any psychic that can out me without looking under my male clothes would have me as a convert immediately. :straightface:

kim in n.c.
03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I knew someone was going to ask this question. Furthermore, Im feeling like before long someone will ask another one . You should all send a dollar to : -----------. Oh never mind, Ill send you the address with my mind!:evil: :D

Stacy Lyn
03-24-2006, 02:21 AM
You guys are great!
I love the differances in opinion and points of view.
I'm not sure I'm a believer but I also like to keep an open mind.
If I go to see the medium I'll let you know what happens.
Hugs,
Stacy

Mandy Salamander
03-24-2006, 02:49 AM
psychics are about as real as easter bunnies and santa claus,
santa???,,,,,easter bunny?????... say it ain't soooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathleengurl
03-24-2006, 03:39 AM
Plus... There's always the chance you'd finaly get to meet your crossdressing great great great grandfather.

Seven
03-24-2006, 03:54 AM
My best friend is a psychic, but he doesn't sell his gift for money, in fact he doesn't seem to like having it as a gift very much. When we met I was going through a macho phase and no-one could guessed that I had lived as a woman...

One day in the pub he turned to me and said "I keep having this odd image appear in my head when I think about you... I see you look in a mirror, but the reflection is that of a woman". Have to admit it threw me completely, but it did enable me to realise that although events in the past would never go away, neither would the person I was inside.

Your friend is a true person, no true person that reads, will ever ask for money never never. A true person will love you for what you are,and dell with the message that come for you. I love all living things, and judge not one thing. I have many dreams/and see many things within pepole, and I keep this to myself. A true reader will love you first, and welcome you and be first understanding. Fine a true person if your heart has dout.

God Bless Graham:<3:

Penny
03-24-2006, 06:22 AM
It is said that the average person uses only 10% or their brain. A psychic, at
least the ones on the street uses 3% of their brain to get 97% of your money. There are genuine psychics out there who get glimpses but this usually requires a deep spiritual conection. Years ago, I had that deep spiritual conection and could find a place somewhere deep within me where I
could get answers not necessarily to any specific questions. Unfortunatly,
I had dream that my first wife had a sexual experience with a man I didn't
know. About a week later, I met this man, knew, and confronted my wife.
Since that time, I have not had a disire to go that deeply into my sole. Perhaps that's why we only use so little of our brain. I am satified to know
that God is real and your relatives that you knew are watching you but not in judgement. If you want answers, they are within you but be careful what you ask for; maybe it's better discover who you are and live a life that makes
you and those around you happy.

Sweet Susan
03-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Me? Personally? I wouldn't worry about it. That is because I don't believe in psychics, ghosts, gods, witches, devils, spirits, et al. I believe in truth, rivers, tornadoes, air, trees, hurricanes, love, and that's about it.

Star
03-24-2006, 01:29 PM
If they are watching you as Stacy it's because that's who you are going to be when you meet them......

ginafaye
03-24-2006, 03:55 PM
i went to one a long time ago just for fun .......she was a natioally known one . a lot of celebs would come a long way to see her........she helped on a lot of unsloved crimanal cases . i even worked with a guy that had gone to high school with her in school she was normal but had got sturck by lighting and changed...he was in awe of her. most of what she told me has come true. but a lot of it was just normal stuff like you will marry again one more child like it was said before could be cold read stuff.......but i do belive she was the real deal ......greta alexzander was her name she has passed away now

trannie T
03-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Save the money on the psychic. Buy a nice dress instead, that way you'll get something real for your money.

EricaCD
03-24-2006, 10:40 PM
The possibility of psychic abilities, while plainly not part of accepted science, cannot strictly be eliminted on that grounds alone. Personally I don't think any such ability exists and that every practicing psychic is working a fraud on the public. However...

If someone really had psychic powers, do you really think they'd be selling their skill to any person that comes in the door for $10 per hour? If so, they deserve to be mocked for their lack of business acumen rather than for their beliefs!

MistyCD
03-25-2006, 05:47 PM
years before I met my wife, she had a party and a psychic friend told her that she would meet a man named Dave and he would be very tall and she would marry him. She also mentioned that I would live near the same town her recently deceased husband live in....

Well, I am 6'4", my name is Dave and I lived one town away from where her husband came from.

talk about scarry !!!

Hugs Misty