PDA

View Full Version : My sylist overdid it with the volume

Quietjenny
03-04-2019, 02:12 PM
Ive been going to the same stylist for a few years now and she knows about my dressing. The last appt i was dressed in womens jeans, top and some low heeled booties but presenting as male. She always styles my hair after the cut but the last time she went with a very femme voluminious style that was a little too much. If im not fully dressed i dont want crazy big styled hair. She is a wonderful stylist and friend and i dont want to hurt her feelings if i ask her to "undo" my hair. Whats the best way to approach the situation?

docrobbysherry
03-04-2019, 02:21 PM
One picture is worth a 1000 words, Jenny!:battingeyelashes:

AllieSF
03-04-2019, 02:59 PM
Stylists are used to paying clients who say that her current styling for them just doesn't work for them this time, and then she tries something else new or goes back to how she styled their hair before. You can just say after the look in the mirror at the finished product that, "It just work for you. Could you please take the fluff, or whatever else you don't like out of it?". Honesty is always the best and they are used to that. That is how they learn to better meet your needs. Good luck.

Oh, how long is your hair? Do you shower daily? If so, it probably washes out after the first shower and hair wash.

Quietjenny
03-04-2019, 03:09 PM
Ill have her take a photo next time. My hair is almost shoulder length and the poof easily washes out so thats not a problem. I just dont want to hurt her feelings because she is so helpful and open minded and always so eager to help me. Ill slip in a comment when she does my eyebrows and hopefully she will catch the jist.

Robertacd
03-04-2019, 03:12 PM
Have you tried combing it? :P

Honestly if it's not permed, than it should comb or wash righ out.

Quietjenny
03-04-2019, 03:53 PM
I tried to comb it out in my car after the appointment but the poof refused to settle down. She was determined to make the styling last...lol

Allisa
03-04-2019, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't let her touch my brows until she understood what she had done was not what you wanted and even though it washed out you were disappointed. Then make perfectly clear how you want your brows to look.

Maid_Marion
03-04-2019, 04:50 PM
That should be easy to fix. When I did long guy haircuts he was always trying to get rid of volume!

Quietjenny
03-04-2019, 04:56 PM
You are so lucky marion...my hair is very fine and straight. It takes some serious work to get any volume out of it....much less volume that sticks around. Thats part of the conundrum....i want a little volume just not incredible amounts of volume on a day i have to do guy stuff.

Rhonda Jean
03-04-2019, 05:02 PM
Just enjoy it. I had roller sets, curling iron sets, flat ironing, updos... you name it... that I had to wash out before I went home. Worth it every time!

Quietjenny
03-04-2019, 06:32 PM
Ive never had a roller set...looks like a lot of fun. Ive got an appt for this friday so ill let you guys know how it went.

Tracii G
03-04-2019, 06:36 PM
It will settle down after you sleep on it or until you wash your hair.
If you don't want poofy hair I would suggest not getting a roller set.

Quietjenny
03-04-2019, 06:41 PM
I think a rollerset would be fun for a day where im all dolled up....not getting parts at the auto store lol

Maid_Marion
03-04-2019, 07:13 PM
Yes, I'm lucky in that it coarse and wavy enough to air dry in the evening before going to bed! I never really passed as a guy so I have no worries about it being too girly.:battingeyelashes:

Beverley Sims
03-04-2019, 10:12 PM
Wash your hair and comb it down, then wait for the next appointment.

I would make the most of a bad? situation and dress more often until it grows out. :-)

char GG
03-04-2019, 11:06 PM
The only way your stylist won’t do the same thing again is if you communicate. Just say something like, “the last time my hair didn’t hang the way I wanted it to so maybe you could try ......”. She may be your friend but she is a professional and should not be offended if the new look she tried on you didn’t work out.

Quietjenny
03-05-2019, 12:14 PM
Thank you for the advice everyone. Ill talk with her on friday when i have my appointment.