PDA

View Full Version : When it clicked

Terri1492
03-06-2019, 06:24 PM
I must say that when I got dressed today it clicked when I saw myself in the mirror and loved how I looked and even more than than that I loved how I felt. IMHO opinion I thought I looked pretty gorgeous. Yeah I still see areas I can improved, but overall, DANG! I just wished I had a decent camera to take a few pics, lol. Do you remember when you got there?

Maria in heels
03-06-2019, 06:36 PM
It is kind of funny what you are describing Terri! There are days where I get that exact feeling that you are describing, and other days it just comes out as a mess and I tend to start all over again...I think that the first time that I got there was way way way back when....as a youngster first slipping on that pretty dress from my stepmother's closet

Stephanie D
03-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Agree to both! Yes, it runs hot and cold.
Sometimes "its" on and you feel fabulous, and other times, well, not so much...
Stay positive, and embrace the good times!!

AllieSF
03-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Yes, I do, back in 2007 when I first started from zero. It was during the first time I dressed completely with makeup, wig, forms, false eyelashes. I looked in a handheld mirror and saw a potentially attractive older woman. Of course, my opinion then and now was that the wig was a terrible blonde old curly one, the eye makeup was too thick, but the smile that lasted a few months was original and fantastic. The feeling has lasted to today and will go on. One happy step at a time has led me all across the spectrum from side to almost the other. I am still happy and am still smiling, every morning when I look in the mirror with my long hair all snarled up, no make up, sleep faced and all. n I see into my heart and mind at that moment. May it last forever.

Helen_Highwater
03-06-2019, 07:45 PM
Terri,

As others have said there will be times when it doesn't go to plan. That said, the first time it does is priceless! You know what's possible, what you can achieve. It gives you both the confidence and desire to carry on. Treasure the memory, keep moving on.

alwayshave
03-06-2019, 07:56 PM
Terri, That's a great feeling.

Tracii G
03-06-2019, 08:33 PM
Yeah I remember that day.
Very special day for me.

Jaylyn
03-06-2019, 09:06 PM
very seldom do I have it all click at the same time. I usually mess up my makeup, get a run in my hose, or just not have time to get everything finished and have to dress in a hurry. Usually more unclicks than clicks...

Shely
03-06-2019, 09:24 PM
it does happen to me occasionally, but often the dress isn't just right or the wig looks badly. but when things are all right it is a terreffic feeling. it's hard to describe, but it's WOW!

il.dso
03-06-2019, 09:26 PM
Great question, really not sure.
Has taken many decades but can now say it "clicks" just about every time!

docrobbysherry
03-06-2019, 09:46 PM
I find it odd, Terri, that it clicked but u didn't!?:eek:

From the very beginning I took pics of myself dressed. They weren't very good but they helped me get better!:daydreaming:

And, now that it clicks all the time for Sherry, my shutter clicks non stop!:D

Michaelasfun
03-06-2019, 09:58 PM
For me it was quite a journey; getting a decent wig, wearing appropriate makeup for the situation, and then learning the right size for me in clothes, then bringing it all together, taking pics along the way. Definitely have improved since starting lol

NancySue
03-06-2019, 10:04 PM
Very well. It was like putting the final piece in a jigsaw puzzle. Cha-Ching. While I “click” most of the time, thanks to years of dressing, experimenting, etc., there are a few days when something goes slightly askew, for which I’m able to quickly correct. My wife also have good and bad days...mostly with hair or makeup.

Terri1492
03-06-2019, 10:14 PM
Love reading the comments. Who knows when it will happen again. I remember thinking this afternoon, "Oh snap! Where is the camera?" Of course I couldn't find it and my camera on my phone stinks. Oh well. Maybe I will catch it another time. :)

Cristy2
03-06-2019, 10:34 PM
I would love to have it just click, but I am horrible with makeup.

Stephanie D
03-06-2019, 10:41 PM
funny because for me, due to restrictions, it's very much situational and sporadic.
yesterday was a partially GREAT day (I got to try on new stuff that just arrived to make sure it fit...and it all did!!!) but then quickly there after, tick-tock... it was back into jeans, work boots, and lots of other work gear.
Talk about a high & low in just under 1 hour! :)
Yikes!

suzanne
03-06-2019, 10:48 PM
I'm right there with you, Terri! There are days when I put together an outfit and just love who I see in the mirror. The rest of the world may disagree with this MIAD, but I feel that this is my best look by a country mile.

Beverley Sims
03-07-2019, 02:30 AM
I am still trying to get there but I think I missed the train.

Over the years it did click often.

Ressie
03-07-2019, 08:26 AM
This notion had me going back to the early '70s. And I just realized that the first time I applied eyeliner I also had long blonde hair.

Now days I have to agree with Maria in Heels. Some days it's working and other day it isn't. After all these decades I finally improved my eyeliner application. Still have a long way to go!

Asew
03-07-2019, 10:44 AM
Some days it feels like that. Other days it is a learning experience :)

BostonBrenda
03-07-2019, 12:28 PM
I had a makeover in my mid twenties, dress wig ect. When I looked at myself in the mirror I was overjoyed, awed and captivated. I remember what it felt like with the wig going on, long shoulder lenght curly hair. That made the image so perfect