PDA

View Full Version : Going out this weekend

Gabi.SA
03-11-2019, 02:07 AM
My wife has now know about my crossdressing for the last 5 years, and unfortunately I had kept it hidden for the first 5 years. Whilst she wishes it would go away, it is partially tolerated.

I get to wear panties under whatever I wear whenever I want, with the caveat that she does not want to see. And I also get to dress once or twice a year, normally a halloween thing - but there have been other occasions. I have also totally lasered my legs.

this weekend we are attending a drag party so full go ahead to dress up, so going all in. New wig, new dress, forms and a makeup artist to do the (hopefully) full transformation look.

One item I cannot decide on is whether to wear thigh highs (I managed to get queen size, so the band sits under the bum) or just regular pantyhose.... I have tried the thigh highs and the hem line does cover it perfectly unless I sit in which case the band (lace) gets partially exposed... thoughts?

Macey
03-11-2019, 02:27 AM
A little peek of the lace top is fine. Actually a little bit of an intentional risqué look. But the stocking come all the way to your cheeks and there is still a little lace that peeks out no and again? Girl, that's a short dress! ;) You're already intentionally risqué :P

Beverley Sims
03-11-2019, 03:48 AM
Try practicing wearing the thigh highs before the weelend to check for any unforseen problems.

Panty hose seems a safer bet.

abby054
03-11-2019, 04:45 AM
Thigh highs. You wrote that this is for a drag party. Unless thigh highs give you problems that you are unwilling to address, they would seem to fit the occasion best.

Gabi.SA
03-11-2019, 04:58 AM
Thigh highs. You wrote that this is for a drag party. Unless thigh highs give you problems that you are unwilling to address, they would seem to fit the occasion best.

Although its a drag party, that's the "cover" of being allowed out dressed. I am going to try go for natural GG look not OTT drag. Problems... well larger thigh muscle that causes legs to rub together at the top. (previously have had pantyhose wear through... when out of my home country I was walking about 10km one night in the Netherlands in a mini - but as a MIAD only.

A little peek of the lace top is fine. Actually a little bit of an intentional risqué look. But the stocking come all the way to your cheeks and there is still a little lace that peeks out no and again? Girl, that's a short dress! ;) You're already intentionally risqué :P

The band is very wide, which is nice for keeping them up.

abby054
03-11-2019, 05:25 AM
Now we must go back in history to gain some insight. Pantyhose were invented and became popular back in the 60s to gain a smooth pair of legs under short skirts. They kept stocking tops and garters from appearing unintentionally. If that is what you want, then go with pantyhose. On the other hand, you may really want to show a peek of lace (or more...) Your answer (and your presentation) should be the same as your intent. Be honest with yourself and you should be fine.

For thigh chafing, I have a pair of slip shorts. The high end stuff works really well. It is comfortable and the color range matches my skin tone pretty well. But my skirt must cover them, of course.

Crissy 107
03-11-2019, 05:32 AM
I say go with either and enjoy the heck out of the weekend.

Helen_Highwater
03-11-2019, 05:35 AM
Thigh highs! Much less hassle visiting the ladies facilities.

Crissy 107
03-11-2019, 05:37 AM
Leave it to Helen to come up with a sensible answer.

Meghan4now
03-11-2019, 09:52 AM
Helen has a point, but it depends on skirt height. If you are trying to look ****ty, then thigh highs. You could also get crotchless to address Helen's concern. If you are going thigh high, I might suggest a garter belt. Having to fix your hose all night long is an annoyance.

Gabi.SA
03-11-2019, 10:38 AM
You could also get crotchless to address Helen's concern.

Not available locally

If you are going thigh high, I might suggest a garter belt. Having to fix your hose all night long is an annoyance.

To much shape wear going on, and after belt will simply slide down.

Stephanie47
03-11-2019, 11:10 AM
As I am banging away on the keyboard I am wearing a pair of black thigh high stockings that have a lacy top. I usually have some problems with the thigh highs slipping down, so I do wear a garter girdle. The black garter girdle I am wearing by Crepe Suzette Foundation hugs the abdomen and does not come down the legs like a full girdle. If the garter girdle fits well it should not slide down. Whether or not you want the lacy tops of the thigh highs to appear is your choice. If you're looking to appear as a woman showing the tops of your hosiery would be a little risque. I am wearing a dress by George which is hitting about two inches below the knee. It has a full skirt, i.e., not tight. When sitting the lace tops do not show. The skirt of the dress lays nicely on my thighs when sitting. My wife told me when wearing a snug/tight dress to expect the hem of the dress to rise up two to three inches when sitting down. You may want to try out the look before heading off to the party. Oh, completing my outfit today is a lacy black slip by Dixie Belle and black Vanity Fair panties.

char GG
03-11-2019, 11:36 AM
Whilst she wishes it would go away, it is partially tolerated.

this weekend we are attending a drag party

My first question is who is "we"? You and your wife? You and others? If it is your wife, and she is only partially tolerating your dressing anyway, my suggestion would not to be too risque. If you dress more classy, she may be inclined to be more tolerant in the future.

If "we" is you and other other people, then it really doesn't matter, wear whatever stockings don't fall down around your ankles.

Gabi.SA
03-11-2019, 11:47 AM
My first question is who is "we"? You and your wife? You and others? If it is your wife, and she is only partially tolerating your dressing anyway, my suggestion would not to be too risque.

yes my wife will also be coming, as a drag king.

I will see what it looks like with the dress and determine the level of risqué before venturing out as suggested. But remembering it only shows a little of the lace band when seated. I forgot to mention they are also back seamed.

If you dress more classy, she may be inclined to be more tolerant in the future.

not so hopeful about this, she feels it deviates from what she considers the normality of male and female roles and she is extremely worried about this being exposed externally to others.

docrobbysherry
03-11-2019, 08:53 PM
She lets u wear panties as long as she can't see them and she's ok going out all nite in public with u dressed as a female? :eek:

That makes absolutely NO SENSE to me, Gabi! Either u made some kind of deal with her or she's so excited about HER going out crossdressed that she'll put up with anything!:devil:

Can u explain!:brolleyes:

Gabi.SA
03-12-2019, 03:42 AM
She lets u wear panties as long as she can't see them

She does not "let" me wear panties, she is reluctantly tolerant that I have made the decision as an adult to wear them, but she does not want to see them on me.

she's ok going out all nite in public with u dressed as a female?

As mentioned she is partially tolerant, and understand I would prefer not to do this behind her back and
once of twice a year I get to dress up in full This happens to be one of those occasions. It will be at a friends house and considered a safe space to her in that all the other guests will also be dressed up so not seen out of the ordinary.

That makes absolutely NO SENSE to me, Gabi!

a good marriage is about compromise, and we have both made some to accommodate something that otherwise will happen in secret and that is not healthy.

Sherrii
03-12-2019, 08:52 AM
Why isn't stockings and garter belt an option? Sherrii

Gabi.SA
03-12-2019, 10:17 AM
Why isn't stockings and garter belt an option? Sherrii

I will be wearing a corset and over it shape wear panties that cover the corset (ending under the bust), so garter would simply slip down the panties since they are nylon for the "hold in gut" strength.

Micki_Finn
03-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Do you want to look classy or trashy? If you’re going for classy, then if anyone can tell the difference you’re doing it wrong. If you’re going for trashy (nothing wrong with trashy, it’s just a choice), then by all means go with the garter and short skirt. FYI, if it’s peeking out when you sit, it’s going to show a lot more than you think.

docrobbysherry
03-12-2019, 12:26 PM
Thanks for explaining, Gabi. :thumbsup:

I strongly agree that DADT dressers who hide, lie, and cheat r making a BIG MISTAKE if they wish to remain married!:sad:

Sherrii
03-12-2019, 03:12 PM
You probably don't have time now as the weekend isn't far off, but if you will be in a corset it is perfect for garters. Corsets normally allow for the option of garters by having small loops sewed to the bottom edge that garters can hook into. A corset shop will have such garters. Sherrii