PDA

View Full Version : Therapist and dressed

Rhandi Spencer
03-11-2019, 08:56 AM
Friday I went to therapy dressed. I thought I would be nervous but was very relaxed as if it was normal.302320

Linda Leigh
03-11-2019, 09:27 AM
You look great and I am glad you were not nervous.

BostonBrenda
03-11-2019, 10:00 AM
You look lovely. A therapist is one the safest places to dress. Years ago I began going to my therapist wearing frilly blouses. She wasnt phased and was completely accepting. It helped me understand how normal it is to dress as a woman.

- - - Updated - - -

A crossdressing friend also said that going to his therapist fully dressed was a great help in his therapy. Every crossdresser can benefit from therapy and going fully dressed feels so good

Crissy 107
03-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Heidi, You look nice and I love your smile!

Beverley Sims
03-11-2019, 11:59 AM
Heidi, I see an attractive lady looking at me.

Yes just a natural happening.

Robertacd
03-11-2019, 12:06 PM
I would hope everyone here who is seeing a therapist feels comfortable doing so dressed.

If you or your therapist is not comfortable, then you need a new therapist.

missjoann49
03-11-2019, 12:09 PM
Heidi, You not only look great, but you look so happy and relaxed
way to go girl

Jaymees22
03-11-2019, 01:50 PM
Hi, I always went to my therapist dressed. I thought what was the point in not going dressed. It seemed to give me a little extra confidence in myself.

BostonBrenda
03-11-2019, 01:51 PM
Hi, I always went to my therapist dressed. I thought what was the point in not going dressed. It seemed to give me a little extra confidence in myself.
I understand completely

Aunt Kelly
03-11-2019, 01:54 PM
Friday I went to therapy dressed. I thought I would be nervous but was very relaxed as if it was normal
Maybe... because it is?:)

Devi SM
03-11-2019, 02:23 PM
You look better than my first time therapist dressed session.

GracieRose
03-11-2019, 04:30 PM
You appear normal.
So glad the it went well for you.

Allison Chaynes
03-11-2019, 04:34 PM
Nice! I went 50/50 mode a couple times but never fully dressed. Well done.

Cheshire girl
03-11-2019, 04:59 PM
You look great. Have confidence and go for it!

Lana Mae
03-11-2019, 05:24 PM
Mine encouraged me to dress! Gone dressed more than drab! Glad it was good for you! Here's to feeling "normal" ! Hugs Lana Mae

Teresa
03-11-2019, 05:55 PM
Heidi,
I'm so pleased for you and how well it worked out .

Looking back I realise it should never have been a problem for me , we need to be honest and open with our counsellors / therapist and what is being more honest then appearing as we really wish , there's no reason to hide if from them .

bridget thronton
03-12-2019, 02:19 AM
Looking good Heidi and you seem happy - well done

SusanSpencer
03-12-2019, 02:43 AM
Heidi, are we "related?:) Probably not but I envy you those "looks!" hugs!

Andrea2656
03-12-2019, 06:57 AM
I think going to a therapist dressed in important as it allows the therapist to literally see a different side of you. However, for those of us who are not out in public, the logistics of dressing for a therapist are an impossibility. It is a 'catch-22'.

Teresa
03-12-2019, 07:05 AM
Andrea,
On my last appointment with my gender counsellor I wasn't totally out but did slip some heels on before I entered her office . I'm sure it wouldn't have been a problem if I had totally changed in a washroom before my meetings . She loved my shoes , she even tried them on , if we were the same size I'm not sure if I would have got them back .

Connie D50
03-12-2019, 07:30 AM
What better way to go to a therapist if dressing is part of the reason for going.:heehee: you look great

rockerreds
03-12-2019, 08:32 AM
I go to therapy fully dressed.

Rhandi Spencer
03-12-2019, 09:14 AM
Susan,
Somehow everyone is related the roots to a family tree are very deep. Lets chat some more and get to know each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Ladies,
Thank you for all the compliments. I was in a hurry to post this yesterday and today I have a little more time.
During my first therapy session my therapist said I could dress at our sessions mainly because I did not have anyone I could dress around.
I immediately decided for the next session I would dress. I went a little overboard and had a makeover done prior to my counseling.

When I walked in she did not recognize me and later she said it was hard for her to even imagine my male looks, as this was so natural for me. I think that was a compliment.

The logistics for me dressing prior to a therapy appt are terrible. I will do what I can when I can. But Friday was amazing for me until Heidi had to go into hiding again.

SusanSpencer
03-12-2019, 05:34 PM
Several years ago I researched for an extended series on the ethics of mental health professionals. In the main it reassured me, but the details of some of the more blatant cases where the therapist license was suspended or revoked made my skin crawl. An accepting therapist is essential, ladies, but due diligence before you commit is essential.

- - - Updated - - -

Teresa - it sounds like your therapist is the perfect match for you. How did you find her?

suzanne
03-13-2019, 10:52 AM
I would have thought that seeing the therapist en femme was important, maybe even vital. Being a crossdresser is an issue that affects other areas of one's life, so a good therapist would want to see how well crossdressing fits in with everything else. Just one person's opinion.

Sometimes Steffi
03-15-2019, 08:43 PM
A therapist' office should be a judgement-free zone. If it's not, you need to find an accepting therapist. My first therapist tried to be accepting, but sometimes he acted as if he was creeped out. He explicitly discouraged me from dressing. I found a new therapist.

I've had several therapists and I dressed for all of them, but not all the time.

I think going to a therapist dressed in important as it allows the therapist to literally see a different side of you. However, for those of us who are not out in public, the logistics of dressing for a therapist are an impossibility. It is a 'catch-22'.

You have to work on the logistics. I can't dress at home, so I often change in the car. Since I usually go out on weekends, I've identified some remote parking lots and garages in which to change. For the therapists, I usually changed (and changed back) in the office's bathroom.

Lucy Long Legs
03-17-2019, 11:39 AM
I always go to my therapist dressed - otherwise I couldn't talk to her as Lucy. I've become more daring and glamorous and she obviously enjoys that as she dresses up too. She has said she wants to see me in drab but that's not going to happen. Last time I wore a very short but smart skirt and she complimented me on how it looked and how I managed to handle it. I can tell her everything when I am Lucy.

Rhandi Spencer
03-18-2019, 03:00 PM
Session number 3 is under my belt.
I did not have a lot of time to get dressed for my session and actually struggled with what to wear.
I chose a navy dress with white dots on it, black leggins and boots.
Therapist said I look so natural and that even without alot of makeup, people would not recognise me.

She is wanting me to start being more feminine more rather than just to see her. SHe really is leaving it up to me but it is a sugestion.

My Dress for the day302607