PDA

View Full Version : Hair Styles, Help PLZ!

HaleyPink2000
03-23-2006, 01:35 AM
Wig and Hair styles.

I have this problem figuring out how to do hair styles using a long hair wig. I know it’s something taught to Daughters by their Mothers. Hey I did not get that class, HUH?

Ok, a little help here ok. How do I figure out the styles different wigs can Do? HUH? I know it probably seems like a simple question. For some maybe. But like I want to figure out styles I can do with my synthetic long hair wig. With how to use this and that hair clip properly etc. Any help would be great.

Can you curl a synthetic wig? Things like that are my questions and how.

The Wig cataloges say this wig can do many styles. OK What ones? Show me pictures. HMMM. They only show you one picture of a wig or maybe a side view also. I need that styling class all the GG's got from their Mothers.

danielle_from_cal
03-23-2006, 01:41 AM
I have worn synthetic wigs and have had no problem styling them. Get one that is long enough to be styled however you want.

Mandy Salamander
03-23-2006, 02:18 AM
sorry,,, not too much help here, but have bought several "how-to" hairstyle magazines, and have had some modest success through trial 'n error,,,,,,,,,'n can curl synthetic wigs with wig conditioner, (i use) sponge rollers, 'n pump-spray setting gel,,,,, i can braid perfectly tho' (from many years of doing my daughters'), 'n doo believe, doing my own hair, when there was such a thing, was easier than these d*mn wigs, just can't get a feel for it, like when was my own,,,,,, i still have trouble with static, have tried a dozen remedies i've heard of, 'n all "help", but help isn't "eliminate",,, but might try t' dye one soon,(have a hard time finding just my shade o' red...

cindybarnes
03-23-2006, 06:54 AM
Hi Haley,

Its no seceret realy, just practice,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I try a style,, take a few pics and see how they look, then try some more.

One thing for sure is NEVER use heated things like hot rollers or curling irons.

I have bought some soft rollers that work great on some of my longer wigs when using some setting gel. This does take a toll on the wig after time tho,, but heck nothing lasts forever :)

Cindy

HaleyPink2000
03-23-2006, 09:35 PM
So what works best for curls on a long synthetic wig? ???

HaleyPink2000
03-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Here it is , hair pic.

GypsyKaren
03-25-2006, 08:09 PM
Hi Haley

Two words of advice...short hair! It's so much easier to deal with. Back when I was a younger hippie I had my hair down halfway to my back, and it wasa royal pain in the keester. Now that I've gone short, I just love it, no muss, no fuss.

Karen

HaleyPink2000
03-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Cindy:
your lovely and you'd look even in a bandana. I have to primp a while to start to look half as good as you do.

Gypsy:
I like Hair styles of all kinds. I tried a short bob style a while back. It was ok, but the wig does not cover up the hair line. I don't known if it looks bad or not maybe some of you can let me know how it looks on me plz.

Thanks!

HaleyPink2000
03-27-2006, 09:00 PM
Pictures of my Bob Style.

HaleyPink2000
03-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Ok Which is nicer? The long hair up look or the short Bob look?

HaleyPink2000
03-27-2006, 09:06 PM
Here are a few of the long hair pics.

cindybarnes
03-29-2006, 06:54 AM
Haley, Thanks !

And I prefer the long hair pulled up look .

The shorter "bob" looks great on you tho,,, but doesn't work for me at all :)

Cindy