PDA

View Full Version : Ooooo I feel a proper fool I do...

Lisa Golightly
03-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Ah, the sun is shining and I decide to venture to work in a skirt rather than the usual jeans and heels. Birds chirriping I park the car and wander toward the office when 'Eeeek' my ankle buckles and I land knee first on the tarmac followed rapidly by my elbow.

'Ouch, ouch, ouch' I murmur in delicate tones, or was it more three f's in a strangled scream? I forget exactly. Hobbling on the spot I survey the holed tights, cut knee, blood streaming down my leg and the excruciating pain from my left ankle that makes the pain form my elbow appear pleasant.

What an elegant and sophisticated figure I made hobbling toward the building people applauding from the windows... no help just cheering... ouch... ouch... ouch... Oooo I felt a proper fool I did.

Done anything foolish today?

Clare
03-23-2006, 03:23 AM
... and you didn't go home to get changed? C'mon, a girl has to look good even if in pain! Get treatment for the injuries?

Pics?

Ok, i'm joshing you. Pretty embarrassing just the same. Nah, can't say i've had any incidents enfemme like that.

btw, why did your ankle give way? Was it the heels? More info please Lisa!

Lisa Golightly
03-23-2006, 03:28 AM
I was being nosey and looking at someone rather than where I was going and caught the heel in a broken bit of tarmac... ooops :(

sparks
03-23-2006, 03:36 AM
Well not enfemme but I had a good one last week!
whistling towing a kid in the wagon! My wife looking totally radiant! Beautiful sunnyday and pow right into a stop sign! People really have to be more careful where they leave that crap! Only the tumbleweeds and my wife witnessed it!
She brought it up today and laughed at me some more. The Wench!

Anyway Lisa you probably still looked great and Rita Hayworth worthy with bood and all!

As long as nothing was broken and remember chicks dig scars!!!!

Lisa Golightly
03-23-2006, 03:44 AM
You were lucky it was only your wife... I've already had three comments about the incident.... booo!

As for looking like Rita, I think I look more like one of the Bash Street kids with my knee bandaged under my ragged tights... I've sent someone to get me some new ones... hope he doesn't get too embarassed... ah well, the price of laughing at your chief ;)

Oh don't mention scars... Did I tell you about the incident with the knife when I was laying the bedroom carpet a few months back? Oh my... I fainted with that one!

AngelAshley
03-23-2006, 04:01 AM
I bought a new pair of ice skates yesterday and went out on the ice on them... I got a bit too confident and started going really fast around the ice. Only a matter of time before... Splat. Lost control and fell backwards, skidded along the ice for a while, now have grazes on both my elbows and hands...

Lisa Golightly
03-23-2006, 04:04 AM
Ouch!!! Were there many witnesses?

AngelAshley
03-23-2006, 04:15 AM
Probably quite a few, but thankfully none of my friends saw it happen :) heh

Sophia Rearen
03-23-2006, 09:24 AM
What an elegant and sophisticated figure I made hobbling toward the building people applauding from the windows... no help just cheering... ouch... ouch... ouch... Oooo I felt a proper fool I did.

People applauded and cheered? Nice people! Tough neighborhood. I hope they feel better about themselves. WTF. A**hol**
Sorry, Lisa. Hope your body and ego get well soon.

TGMarla
03-23-2006, 09:31 AM
No, never while dressed up, but I never go anywhere. But once I pulled a classic "guy" move. I saw a woman with delicately braided hair down to her ankles, and while I was gawking at it, I plowed right into a door jamb while I was trying to walk inside.

Duh!

DonnaT
03-23-2006, 09:43 AM
I did a twist, tuck and roll last week Lisa. Heading to the office carrying my breakfast and a newspaper in one hand, my left foot found the one spot in the sidewalk that was uneven. Luckily, I had on a heavy coat, and only slightly hurt one rib as I rolled over my fist, and there was no tear in my trousers. Even more lucky, no one was nearby to witness it nor get squashed by me. Had it happened at noon there would have been a federal disaster.

Lisa Golightly
03-23-2006, 10:34 AM
People applauded and cheered? Nice people! Tough neighborhood. I hope they feel better about themselves. WTF. A**hol**
Sorry, Lisa. Hope your body and ego get well soon.

I think it is one of those peculiar English things... It was good natured :) Still hobbling but I'll be ok after a long bath tonight and a couple of glasses of wine.

uknowhoo
03-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Yeeeeouch. You poor girl. And to ruin a perfectly good pair of hose too!:cheeky: I hope your back on your heels soon. Hugs, Tammi

Sophia Rearen
03-23-2006, 10:41 AM
I think it is one of those peculiar English things... It was good natured :) Still hobbling but I'll be ok after a long bath tonight and a couple of glasses of wine.

Hmm? So, had you needed medical attention, they would be dancing in the streets. lol.

Nikki Dee
03-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Hi. Lisa...see you haven't changed then...clumsy !....oooops, there goes the damn tippex all over my skirt....and no matter how much I use it, the messages still end up wrong on screen when I finally send them.
Love Nikki. xx

Lisa Golightly
03-23-2006, 11:12 AM
I don't know... Anyone reading this would think I was accident... Owwwww!! :)

paulaN
03-23-2006, 11:30 AM
It's one of those things. the fall probley looked funny. but I can't belive now one asked if you were ok. hope you feel better. And you can go to work dressed WoW.

BeckyCath
03-23-2006, 04:19 PM
from my left ankle that makes the pain form my elbow appear pleasant.

Awww Lisa... you know You've been Framed pay £250 for each clip they use... should i watch it now?

Smile, you might have been on Candid Camera

Rebecca

CharlaineCadence
03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
ouch i bet that hurt! heck i know that hurt. One of the reasions i cant wear heels higher then 2.5 or 3". That is also a reasion i keep a girl's best friend in bad times box in my truck. I has in it

small makeup bag with tuch up supplys
rubber cement
sewing kit
pair of mary jane's in black
spare nails
hose all the colours i use most
bra and tee shirt
jeans
wig care kit
small first aid kit
secoundary forms of identification
home made forms just in case
bathroom bag. soap,sampoo, ect.
and a few other things.

the small box fits nicely under my rear seat. and is locked

RenaCD
03-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Hmm? So, had you needed medical attention, they would be dancing in the streets. lol.

Sophia I'm with you on this one! No White Knights, No Hero's, No Ladies in waiting with a First Aid Box, with friends like that! I'm glad I work and Fall Alone just the Cats to Chuckle a little.

Marlena Dahlstrom
03-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Ow! ow! ow! :eek: That hurt just reading about it. Just be patient about giving the ankle time to heal properly. I twisted mine awhile back and then re-injured it by pushing too hard too soon.

Lisa Golightly
03-24-2006, 03:05 AM
Awww Lisa... you know You've been Framed pay £250 for each clip they use... should i watch it now?

Smile, you might have been on Candid Camera

Eeeek! I forgot about the buildings CCTV coverage of the carpark... Poo... It is on tape. Hmmmmm... cue Mission Impossible music, dons ninjawear sneaking outfit and limps off toward security :winking:

To everyone who has sent a pm... thank you very much :) I can report that the ankle is still unhappy but the grazed knee seems cheerful enough... I will not mention the finger I just cut open on the insides of a very cheap PC case... :cry:

Kieron Andrew
03-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Eeeek! I forgot about the buildings CCTV coverage of the carpark... Poo... It is on tape. Hmmmmm... cue Mission Impossible music, dons ninjawear sneaking outfit and limps off toward security :winking:

To everyone who has sent a pm... thank you very much :) I can report that the ankle is still unhappy but the grazed knee seems cheerful enough... I will not mention the finger I just cut open on the insides of a very cheap PC case... :cry:
lol its not your week is it girl........and i thought i was accident prone throwing myself out my chair on level ground!!!!

Lisa Golightly
03-24-2006, 08:56 AM
lol its not your week is it girl........and i thought i was accident prone throwing myself out my chair on level ground!!!!

Tsk... You boys and your drinking games ;)

Kieron Andrew
03-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Tsk... You boys and your drinking games ;)i was sober when i did it!!!

Lisa Golightly
03-24-2006, 09:55 AM
i was sober when i did it!!!

Awwww... Poor Angel :sad:

Kieron Andrew
03-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Awwww... Poor Angel :sad:hehe its so good when the ladies feel sorry for me lol

cmiller1031
03-24-2006, 12:34 PM
What do you do for work that you are able to send someone out to get you hose whilst dressed?

I want that job....:p

cmiller1031
03-24-2006, 12:36 PM
By the way get that ankle looked at, I was in guy mode (they day I bought my house) and I slipped off a curb and twised up my ankle....a week later while being very careful with the first hurt ankle, I slipped off a curb and twisted up the other. Sober both times!

Flash forward to almost a year later and I still have many many ankle problems and can hardly wear heels!

Take care of them and get that physical therapy if you need it!

C

_Janelle_
03-24-2006, 01:24 PM
No, never while dressed up, but I never go anywhere. But once I pulled a classic "guy" move. I saw a woman with delicately braided hair down to her ankles, and while I was gawking at it, I plowed right into a door jamb while I was trying to walk inside.

Duh!

I have done something similar - was walking along minding my own business - I was about to step up onto a curb when I looked up and saw this total hottie coming towards me. I didn't realise how tall the curb was, and tripped and fell flat on my face at her feet. The funny thing was, I was staring at her the whole time as I was falling!

Lisa Golightly
03-26-2006, 11:44 AM
What do you do for work that you are able to send someone out to get you hose whilst dressed?

I want that job....:p

I have my own company... well shambles really :)