PDA

View Full Version : Strange times

Debs
03-21-2019, 05:10 PM
Suddenly my wife is OK with me dressing, my best friend a girl, who I worked with for over 25 years is also OK with me in full makeup dressed, what the hell is going on, me dressing and full makeup is suddenly acceptable

Macey
03-21-2019, 06:37 PM
Welcome to the brave new world ;)

Did something recently change for you with how YOU feel about your dressing? Maybe they're subconsciously reading a new vibe from you?

kimdl93
03-21-2019, 07:04 PM
Have you asked either of them? I'd like their answers. Ours are only speculative.

Crissy 107
03-21-2019, 07:34 PM
Debs, That’s great news, now go have some fun!

Lana Mae
03-21-2019, 07:39 PM
Go gently, but go for it! Hugs Lana Mae

Stephanie47
03-21-2019, 08:18 PM
Wait to next week!

Some years ago I had tossed out the idea women should view their husband's cross dressing with a scale. Put the cross dressing on one side and load the other side of the scale with his qualities. How does it balance out? I've stated as many have on this site we have played the role of companion, lover, husband, father of her children, supporter, caregiver, etc, etc, etc. Of course, she may throw some irritants onto the other side; spending too much time and money on "her." And so on. Sometimes a confident may tell the wife to evaluate the relationship without so much emotion. My wife told me one of the issues that weighed her down was not having anyone to confide in. My secret became a shared secret. Sometimes that is a difficult burden to bear. Sometimes a wife feels it may reflect badly on her own self. Sort of "She's married to a cross dresser! Why doesn't she divorce him? There must be something wrong with her!" Peer pressure and societal expectations can wreck an otherwise fine marriage.

WandaRae2009
03-21-2019, 08:22 PM
Something I only wish for at this time. I dream for the day when my wife accepts this side of me completely.

Rochal Tukque
03-22-2019, 01:02 AM
Well Debs, glad to see you broke out of the lonely box with family and friends.

BLUE ORCHID
03-22-2019, 05:28 AM
Hi Debs :hugs:, Go slow and don't overwhelm them. >Orchid ..o:daydreaming:o..

GretchenM
03-22-2019, 05:43 AM
This world is changing fast and it is a bit chaotic. As others have suggested, you might ask. But, on the other hand, maybe just leave it alone and maintain a steady course down the river until you hit rougher water. Some here have misinterpreted these moments of acceptance and suddenly take off on a wild ride. And sadly, that screws things up. They find out it was a kind of test. Let's face it, we humans like to experiment, explore, and test things to see what happens; to see how something reacts. I suggest you stay steady for awhile until you have seen a bit more of the new acceptance and confirmed that what you see is really there.

Teresa
03-22-2019, 05:45 AM
Debs,
Do you think their eyesight is failing with age and they haven't noticed ?

Seriously we all know you can take a wonderful step forward and then the goal posts move and you find you need to take two steps back . I hated this situation eventually I never knew what was right from one day to the next .

A good example was when we had a family gathering at an indoor activity centre , we played with the grandchildren and had a great time . I was into my gender counselling and pushing to dress more openly at home . On the way back from the family trip out my wife agreed to let me give it a go . The next day I asked exactly where she wanted me to start ? The reply was I've changed my mind !

Elizabeth G
03-22-2019, 05:56 AM
Hi Debs,

I don't know what you did but if you could bottle it and sell it I'd be first in line to buy! Congrats to you on your newfound acceptance.

Elizabeth

alwayshave
03-22-2019, 06:12 AM
Debs, I'll second tread softly until you know that she is really on board.

Ronnie38
03-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Comunicate. Sit and talk with her. Feel it out and set up some rules amd boundaries. If your goimg to push one of those boundaries, talk with her first. Start slow.

NancySue
03-22-2019, 10:42 AM
Ummmm....while it appears as a breakthrough with your wife, it does seem almost too good to be true. I’d proceed slowly with heart to heart, honest talks to find out what caused the sudden 180. Most accepting wives evolved gradually in accepting this interesting phenomena. Best to you both.

Robertacd
03-22-2019, 11:38 AM
Maybe she had to come to terms with her own feelings, how she feels about you dressing, and what that could mean about her.

My wife has told me that after still finding me sexually atractive when dressed, she had to accept that she is a little bi and it was hard for her at first.

Crissy 107
03-22-2019, 12:30 PM
Roberta, That is very interesting what your wife said about accepting she is a little bi. I think that may be part of the reason some of our wives do not accept this part of us.

Beverley Sims
03-22-2019, 12:33 PM
I would carefully analyse what you may have done to gain acceptance.

Don't get into it too deeply just accept that it has happened.