PDA

View Full Version : Choosing a Fem name...

JoanneNY
04-04-2019, 04:52 PM
I have agonized for a long time about choosing a fem name for myself, I don't know if others on the forum have had this mental block. Choosing a name I can feel that describes me, feels good to hear but yet avoiding names that might offend friends and family. Williewallie has been my online handle for a long time, today I became Joanne. Would love to hear how others have arrived at their alter identity.
Joanne, aka williewallie.

Micki_Finn
04-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Well my first name is an alternate feminine form of my male name, and I’m kind of a good so “Finn” was the natural surname to complete the pun (I’m a knockout! Get it??).

As things progress in my life, I’m considering a change of surnames as I’ve been adopted by a drag haus.

BLUE ORCHID
04-04-2019, 05:00 PM
Hi Willie Wallie :hugs:, Ten years ago when I joined this forum I thought long and hard about a name,

I didn't want a name that wat connected with anyone in my life past or present,

So I came up with Blue Which is my favorite color,

And Orchid which is my favorite flower,

and on 12/21/2008 Blue Orchid was born. >Orchid ..o:daydreaming:o..

Robertacd
04-04-2019, 05:19 PM
My female name originally was just the feminine of my given name. As I have always said that I am the same person when dressed, just a feminine version.

That is what I used when I registered for the forum, but recently I have changed my female name to Rochelle, but I don't want to create a new account on the forum.

I chose Rochelle for no other reason than I have always thought it was such a pretty name.

Michaelasfun
04-04-2019, 05:21 PM
I lucked out, I just added a vowel to my given name and away I went lol

GracieRose
04-04-2019, 05:27 PM
I first thought of what name I would choose if I could choose anything, However, I already used that name for my oldest daughter. That put that name out of the running.
I then started playing with my male name and came up with Grace by changing a couple of letters, and decided that I like it.

Elizabeth G
04-04-2019, 06:04 PM
Hi Joanne,

I chose Elizabeth simply because I have always liked it and thought it pretty.

JoanneNY
04-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Thanks Micki, Roberta and Michaela, I could only wish a letter or two would give me comfort in my new name, but what the hell could I come up with WALTER, that's how williewallie came about. Now, Joanne gives me comfort.

Nicole Bernard
04-04-2019, 06:23 PM
I wanted something feminine as a regular name and as a nick-name. Nicole vs. Nikki.

I just picked it. It doesn't have any significance to me.

My surname was my father's middle name.

Devi SM
04-04-2019, 06:28 PM
Interesting thread.
I'm now in the process to change my female name.
It was Vanessa but that used to identify me with the image of a woman I had being young and crossdresser.
Now I'm ready to change my real legal name and Vanessa doesn't represent the person I'm now.
My male name is David and for always wife calls me with a nick name Devi from a short way of devito, so for me is very comfortable now be Debbie.
I already request the change in this forum and the health insurer team that support trasgender is helping me in all the issues for the legal change.

Micki_Finn
04-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Thanks Micki, Roberta and Michaela, I could only wish a letter or two would give me comfort in my new name, but what the hell could I come up with WALTER, that's how williewallie came about. Now, Joanne gives me comfort.

What about your middle name? I know some girls pick something that’s totally out there from your real name, but I can’t imagine. I had a hard enough time learning to respond to Micki. Last thing you want is for someone to call your name and you don’t recognize it.

Devi SM
04-04-2019, 06:33 PM
Micki has a good point. I had some bad experiences when working in a company and by the intercom call to Va ESA. I thought it was a joke from someone that know that part of me but there was a girl name Vanessa.
Debbie sounds so familiar in my ear and I keep my initials.

JoanneNY
04-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Micki, I never had a middle name, back in1938 when I popped into this world a middle name, was I guess not necessary, I went into the Navy with (n) as my middle name. Never had one, no need to start now.

Darla L
04-04-2019, 06:51 PM
Hey Joanne,
I didn’t choose my female name...my wife did. The first time she did my makeup, once my wig was settled on, she just blurted out, “Well hello, Darla.” It seemed to fit, and I could not imagine changing it now. When I am en femme and we are together, she calls me Darla as naturally as she does my male name otherwise (although most of the time just our normal terms of endearment).

Vanessa, my name is also David. I think “Devi” is a beautiful way of saying your male name in a feminine way. Although “Darla” fits me and I would not change it for anything, I would have been just as happy to be called “Devi”.

Majella St Gerard
04-04-2019, 07:07 PM
I am named after Saint Gerard Majella, the patron saint of mothers and women in labor. So I switched it around to come up with my Screen Name. People have called me Jerry on and off my whole life so I chose Gerri as my feminine name, I just changed the spelling.

Call me Gerri.

I prefer Gerard when not en femme.

Patience
04-04-2019, 07:10 PM
"Prudence" was already taken.

BTWimRobin
04-04-2019, 07:20 PM
All the names I thought of were the names of women I knew and I did not want to be them. I wanted to be Robin because a Robin is responsible for my first Pink Fog so many years ago.

Crissy 107
04-04-2019, 08:51 PM
My male name is Chris but when I was a kid and being bullied they used to say, Crissy is a sissy. I really hated it then but love it now.

Michaelasfun
04-04-2019, 09:20 PM
Crissy - happiness is the best revenge ;)

Tracy Irving
04-04-2019, 11:56 PM
I spent no time thinking about this name when I signed up. It is the name I would have answered to had I been born a girl. I don't particularly care for it and don't use it but I am too lazy to change it.

Crissy 107
04-05-2019, 05:00 AM
Crissy - happiness is the best revenge ;)

I agree, I’m very happy now. The sooner one learns to stand up to bullies the better off they are and I finally did.

rockerreds
04-05-2019, 07:19 AM
Krista, because I keep same first initial and because I have a Scandinavian last name and Krista is mostly found in Sweden, Finland and Estonia. Plus I admire the radio personality Krista Tippett.

BrendaPDX
04-05-2019, 08:00 AM
I chose Brenda because it had good connotations for me, it is female, and it isn't a permutation of my male name. And well, I just like the way it sounds:battingeyelashes:

JeanTG
04-05-2019, 10:44 AM
I too adopted the feminized version of my male given name (not my on-line name, I chose that one to sign up before I had decided on my female name). Like Roberta, whether I am dressed as a woman, or cross-dressing as a man (!), I am the same person, I just have to make some adjustments and cross-dress as a man in certain social circumstances (why? "It's complicated").

Beverley Sims
04-05-2019, 12:06 PM
Joanne will do you fine, if you wish to change your login name it may have to be Joanne with a surname or a number after it.

We will always remember WillieWallie though:-)

JoanneNY
04-05-2019, 06:02 PM
Thanks Beverly for your reflection on my new taken fem name but I'm a bit confused ( concerned ) on how williewallie will be remembered, as I am a newby here I may have crossed a line or two without a thought. If I have, sorry. Can you elaborate a bit on how WW will be remembered ? I care.

KimberlyJean
04-05-2019, 07:46 PM
My mother told me one day that I was supposed to have been a girl, and she was going to name me Kimberly Jean. Instead I popped out the youngest of three boys, she kept the Jean but it is spelled Gene.

JTChance
04-05-2019, 08:20 PM
Hi, Joanne,

A funny coming out story, when my dad asked if I had a femme name, I grabbed at one, and months later found out that it was a feminized version of one my wife used for her male alt. She's forgiven me, and we've chalked it up to the fact that we have completed each other's sentences for years. And now wardrobes. She now goes by "I'm April and my pronouns today are..."

Love you,
Lexi

Amelie
04-05-2019, 08:26 PM
On this forum I use the name Amelie. It's not the name I use at home or the name people know me as. I took Amelie cause I really liked the French movie Amelie.

Angie G
04-05-2019, 08:31 PM
My choosing my fem name was from my crush on Angie Dickinson, and the song Angie by the stones. :hugs:
Angie