PDA

View Full Version : Being a girl and being in the Bowie-band

fiona de wilde
04-07-2019, 09:47 AM
Hello, my name is Fiona. I am a 50plus T-girl from Holland. When I was 14 years old I had two wishes: being in the band of David Bowie and dressing like a girl. In the years that followed I got the opportunity to dress as a girl a lot. I don't think I'm transgender but I really feel comfortable in dresses and skirts. Luckily my wife has a preference for me as a girl than as a man. Lucky me.
Two years ago I found out how I also can be in the Bowie band (well not the real Bowie-band offcourse). In my studio I can record a Bowie song and with greenscreen-technology I can make a clip of myself performing David Bowie songs (or other songs I like) It's no commercial thing, I do this for fun, but I like to share it here. Maybe it will inspire other girls.
Regards from Holland, Fiona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKh8VScTMVE

Patience
04-07-2019, 09:51 AM
Whoa! Fretless P-bass! Very nice!

Looks like fun. Well done!

fiona de wilde
04-07-2019, 09:59 AM
Thanx Patience, the fretless precisionbass is handmade build for my by a friend. To be honest, it is not the bass you hear on the recording. Fiona

Macey
04-07-2019, 10:02 AM
How fun! When will we get a cover of 'Suffragette City' or 'Ziggy Stardust'? :)

fiona de wilde
04-07-2019, 10:04 AM
I did do suffragette city, about a year ago, it's on my youtube-channel. I tried Ziggy but couldn't get the right 'groove'.

Taylor186
04-07-2019, 01:04 PM
Nice! And, a good excuse for multiple outfits.

Tracii G
04-07-2019, 01:37 PM
Nice.
What manner of Les Paul copy is that can't quite read the headstock logo.

fiona de wilde
04-07-2019, 02:07 PM
very true, lots of outfits, that's a great part of the fun

- - - Updated - - -

Nice.
What manner of Les Paul copy is that can't quite read the headstock logo.

it's called custom 77, the really special thing about it are the bullet-holes.

Tracii G
04-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Thanks I was curious.
I do know they distribute out of France but not sure where they are made.
Don't think I could bear to shoot holes in my home built Les Paul copy.
She is beat hard and banged up but she plays like a dream.

Richelle423
04-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Wow! Great video! I have a Honer fretless P bass with white frets that I bought in 1986. I thought they only made harmonicas

Ressie
04-07-2019, 07:11 PM
I like how each member of the band has a different outfit and wig. Dutch girls Rock!

Princess Chantal
04-07-2019, 08:22 PM
Now that is and many of your other videos awesome!

fiona de wilde
04-08-2019, 02:06 AM
Thanks I was curious.
I do know they distribute out of France but not sure where they are made.
Don't think I could bear to shoot holes in my home built Les Paul copy.
She is beat hard and banged up but she plays like a dream.

actually, you buy the guitar with the bulletholes, custom 77 did it. It's my sons guitar, I've borrowed it for the clip. I don't think I could put holes in a beautiful les paul, Fiona

- - - Updated - - -

I like how each member of the band has a different outfit and wig. Dutch girls Rock!

Thanx, I have lots of outfits and wigs. There is a shop in the centre of town where they sell cheap wigs, and I buy my outfits on the market. So with little money I have diversity. And yeah, dutch girls rock!

- - - Updated - - -

Now that is and many of your other videos awesome!

Thank you, pricess Chantal

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! Great video! I have a Honer fretless P bass with white frets that I bought in 1986. I thought they only made harmonicas

I love fretless basses, but I mostly use a normal bass with frets. On teh clip I'm playbacking the bass so it doesn't matter. Fiona

Beverley Sims
04-08-2019, 03:33 AM
A lot of girls here experiment with photography and other media to extend the look of their female self.

alwayshave
04-08-2019, 05:37 AM
Fione, great video. Love the animal print coat.

LaurenS
04-08-2019, 06:45 AM
That’s great! Thanks for the inspiration!

Chloe St Clair
04-08-2019, 07:59 AM
Truly Impressive!

Lara A
04-08-2019, 08:00 PM
Love this! I share your desire to play/be Bowie, but not the talent! When I was young I was hugely influenced by him, he gave me the excuse to put on makeup and go out in it for the first time :)

Sallee
04-08-2019, 08:49 PM
very cool video Looks like a lot of work went into too. Good job

fiona de wilde
04-09-2019, 03:29 PM
very cool video Looks like a lot of work went into too. Good job

thank you Sallee, it is a lot of work but it feels like being a happy kid again (a girl)

- - - Updated - - -

Love this! I share your desire to play/be Bowie, but not the talent! When I was young I was hugely influenced by him, he gave me the excuse to put on makeup and go out in it for the first time :)

Yeaaah, I love Bowie too!

- - - Updated - - -

Truly Impressive!

Thank you Chloe

- - - Updated - - -

That’s great! Thanks for the inspiration!

Thanx, music is great fun, let's rock

- - - Updated - - -

My favorite coat, it's great isn't it. You look fantastic Jamie Alwayshave