PDA

View Full Version : Dresses vs. Pants

Nikki A.
04-12-2019, 09:12 AM
There was an earlier post if dresses are dead. Yes they are not as prevalent as before but they are still going strong.
Let's face it, dresses are a hassle. To look right you need hose, and the other accessories. Now does that stop us, probably not. But if we had to dress every day it would be easier to slip on a pair of jeans. Also some women think they have a problem with their body image their legs are too thin or too fat etc. It is also a sign of when we were raised. I was a 50s-early 60s child my mother always wore skirts or dresses especially to church or work. Now anything is acceptable especially in the winter. It's just a sign of the times. Just wear what you want and don't worry about others do.

NancySue
04-12-2019, 09:27 AM
Yes. Your last sentence sums it up perfectly. I’m mostly a skirt and blouse or top gal, but one never knows.

Cheryl T
04-12-2019, 09:32 AM
I too grew up in a home wear my mom almost always wore a dress and when I began to feel this way that's all I wanted to wear.
I felt that way up until a few years ago. This happened after I had come out to my wife and we had been members of a Tri-Ess chapter for a few years. At first it was always dresses or skirts with heels and hose, but then as I began to feel more "natural" with my dressing something happened. As Nikki said, it was just easier to slip on a pair of slacks or jeans, and for me, leggings as well, especially when the weather was colder or I was not going anywhere in particular. For a trip to the grocery store it seemed too much to put on a dress. It seemed out of place. Now that we have moved to NEPA it's certainly that way. I rarely see any women wearing dresses in this area and so to blend in, neither do I. They hang in my closet and it's sometimes disheartening to look at them, think of how they look on me and how I feel in them, and then choose pants because I'm going to Walmart, not a fancy restaurant.
I have a drawer full of stockings and garter belts, thi-hi's and pantyhose and find I don't wear them much anymore. Somehow I've become content being more like other women. On one hand it's comforting realizing how natural this all feels now, but on the other I long for the days when I would slip into a pair of sheer stockings, step into a lovely dress, do my makeup to perfection and step out the door feeling ultra feminine and sexy. Don't misunderstand, I still feel very feminine and sometimes sexy, but there is a distinct difference when in a lovely dress and heels.
I just need to find a venue appropriate for my dresses. Until then I'll wear my other clothes and continue to dream in my closet.

Tracii G
04-12-2019, 09:45 AM
I was born in the early 50s and my Mother always wore dresses or skirts.
If she was going golfing she would wear shorts sometimes.
Can't say I ever saw her wear a pair of pants.
What she wore has no bearing on what I wear.

kimdl93
04-12-2019, 09:51 AM
I remember my mom making the transition from house dresses to pants ....in the late 60's. She never looked back I can't blame her. Dresses were and are not always practical, but they can be fun and I think you'll see most women choosing to wear dresses for fun rather than routine life.

Gillian Gigs
04-12-2019, 10:21 AM
I too am a child of the 60's, the only time I saw my mother in pants was when we were camping, the rest of the time it was dresses. Personally I think that skirts make more sense for everyone in the summer. They are cool, and allow for good air circulation, so what if stockings are not worn.

Beverley Sims
04-12-2019, 11:08 AM
Both have their place and I wear whatever is appropriate and convenient.

Robertacd
04-12-2019, 11:18 AM
I was born in the 60's, My mom wore slacks pretty much everyday, and she always wore pantyhose under her slacks.

She only ever wore a dress to church and on special occasions.

April Rose
04-12-2019, 12:22 PM
I remember my mom reminiscing proudly about being the first woman to wear shorts on Main street in her small town. She was always a fashion plate. She passed away some time ago, but I remember that she always wore dresses to work and church until the day she retired.

docrobbysherry
04-12-2019, 01:05 PM
I don't recall what my mother wore. Mostly, Sherry tries to recreate the looks of women/girls I find attractive/sexy.:daydreaming:

I don't recall ever thinking of my mom or sister in that way!:brolleyes:

Lea
04-12-2019, 01:08 PM
I was raised in the 60's and 70's. My grandmother only wore dresses and skirts. My mom wore dresses to work most days.

Unless I am doing projects when dressed I prefer dresses and skirts. That is my preference that I enjoy and will continue with.

My wife may wear a skirt once or twice a year.

What is really nice is having all the choices available.

Asew
04-12-2019, 02:18 PM
I agree with doc that is weird to compare your dressing to mothers and sisters. My dressing is influenced from girls I like in high school, college, and current trends. Dresses are a hassle, that is why I prefer skirts :)

Majella St Gerard
04-12-2019, 03:05 PM
Why would I want to dress like my mother, she was no fashion plate and was quite overweight. I'm influenced by what I find attractive, I'm more influenced by my wife's style even though my style is more girlie than hers, that's why she thinks Gerri is too sassy, I out girl her🤪.

Joyce Swindell
04-12-2019, 03:24 PM
Like many of you, I prefer a dress but will wear a feminine pant suit now and then. But...I will not wear jeans (except capri's) in female mode though. Now I do wear women's jeans in male mode! But they don't look like girl jeans as they are plain jeans size 18 short.

Georgina
04-12-2019, 04:00 PM
I will not give up my dresses or skirts. I have no female jeans, leggings, shorts, etc.

Nikki A.
04-12-2019, 05:02 PM
When you're young you are influenced by your parents. Unlike Majella's mom, my mother was quite a good looking woman. She got divorced when I was very young and I was raised by her and my grandmother. I also had an aunt that owned a bridal shop (that I used to vacuum once a week). It's not that I dress like she did, but she did influence me in that a woman should be aware of what she is wearing and look her best.
I do prefer dresses and skirts when out most times, but I do appreciate leggings and jeans also.

Vickie_CDTV
04-12-2019, 05:21 PM
They make casual dresses that don't require hose, and long dresses that hide the legs. GGs still don't seem interested in them, except some here and there during the summer. I have never found pants to be comfortable in either gender, and am surprised the vast majority of GGs find them to be comfortable (especially when it comes to us people of girth.)

I really like the clothes and styles I grew up with and saw women around me wear (late 70s to early 90s.) Today's modern fashion doesn't hold any real appeal to me. If I look a bit dated when I am dressed... oh well.

Lana Mae
04-12-2019, 05:47 PM
Well, I wear pants and top most of the time! I go to church usually in a skirt and top but am starting to notice more dresses lately! Skirt and top or dress to the counselor! Where I live, most women wear a dress to church! Side note: I was 5-6 when I asked for a dress which I never got! When my mom wore her first pants suit,(I was in middle school) I told her she was not my mom, my mom wears dresses! LOL I believe I said that because I did not get my dress! Wear what you want and enjoy! Hugs Lana Mae

susan54
04-12-2019, 05:50 PM
I was born in the 1950s and did not see my mother in trousers until my 20s. I wear a dress almost every day, and usually for most or all of the day. I have lots of skirts, blouses, tops but I rarely wear these. I have a thing about dresses and recently bought dress no. 1000. I do not understand why women wear trousers on hot humid days - even if they are being modest about their legs they could wear maxis. I own women's trousers but can't remember when I last wore a pair. Dresses not only allow air circulation - many of them are loose at the waist and if it is humid the only restriction at the waist (if you don't wear tights - and you wouldn't in that weather) - the only restriction at the waist is panties. I have had days in cities in oppressive heat when I have changed from male mode in trousers to male mode in skirt and the relief is huge in terms of comfort.

RADER
04-12-2019, 06:01 PM
I was a 50's child growing up. And Yes, my mom wore a dress or a skirt most of the time.
The only time she wore slacks was when she was doing garden work.
No for my self, I rather be n a dress or a skirt around the house, than pants.
Rader

BTWimRobin
04-12-2019, 07:34 PM
As a kid growing up in th 60's all the women in the house always wore dresses or skirts and blouses. Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing any women anywhere, in pants back then. Jump ahead 50 years, I see very few women in dresses or skirts. Then again I live in the middle of nowhere and most women are in Carharts and workboots. As a CD I would prefer a pretty dress or a skirt and blouse, stockings and heels. To blend in it's Carharts.

StefaniLara
04-12-2019, 09:14 PM
I'm mostly a Jean's and blouse kind of girl, but I love dressing up whenever possible. Usually it's a skirt, mainly because I feel more comfortable in a skirt, but I love dresses, too. It depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing.

Sara Jessica
04-12-2019, 11:52 PM
Let's face it, dresses are a hassle. To look right you need hose, and the other accessories.

Right, because we know that women must wear hosiery in order to look right.

:eek:

I'm seriously feeling the need to feel sorry for y'all who live in places where the dress has apparently disappeared. Newsflash, SoCal is awash in women wearing dresses, often (gasp!) without hosiery. They actually pull it off quite amazingly. It is almost surprising that more here don't move in order to be able to view women who meet their stylistic standards.

Perhaps you are. No wonder real estate is so pricey in California!!!

Stephanie47
04-13-2019, 02:11 AM
I wear pants all the time...when I'm in guy mode. If I am cross dressing why would I ever want to wear women's pants? I know..it's comfort. If I want comfort I'll wear my cut off guys jeans and a tee shirt. No socks or footwear. Go unshaven for several days. If Stephanie wants to come out and show herself, she'll be in a pretty dress, hosiery and heels. If I had the skin complexion on my legs like I had in my twenties maybe I would forego the hosiery. Now? Time has taken its toll. Spider veins galore.

Chloe St Clair
04-13-2019, 07:20 AM
I'll never give up wearing my dresses!

Bobbi46
04-13-2019, 07:36 AM
Where I am dresses are a rarety! all ages here seem to be in jeans, skinny ones and such like to see a women in a dress is something to ogle over! I don't know what has happened to fashion likes, in my mind a dress of a certain style/colour makes a woman plus here skirts are usually black! methinks pêople round here are in the dark ages!

Lydianne
04-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Where I am dresses are a rarety! all ages here seem to be in jeans, skinny ones and such like to see a women in a dress is something to ogle over! I don't know what has happened to fashion likes, in my mind a dress of a certain style/colour makes a woman plus here skirts are usually black! methinks pêople round here are in the dark ages!

This is an awesome post... but probably not for the intended reason :).
- Lydianne.

BLUE ORCHID
04-13-2019, 08:20 AM
Hi Nikki :hugs:, In my rather large collection I have a good number of dresses also,

and when the notion to wear a dress it is a pleasure to go all out to look as feminine and natural.

That is what is so much fun about Crossdressing. >>>Orchid ...:daydreaming:+..

Teresa
04-13-2019, 09:02 AM
Nikki,
I never thought I would wear female jeans or trousers , well I had to bite the bullet because most GGs do , IT'S PRACTICAL !! I have to admit when I get back home I do slip on a skirt because I find it more comfortable and relaxing rather than tight jeans even in softer femme material . Today I've just returned from a shopping trip where I picked up some heeled wedges , I wanted to see the effect so despite the cold rain I slipped on a skirt and stockings with my old wedges . I picked up the order from the sales desk and went to try them on and there was a large hole and a run in my stockings , brand new that morning ! I took it in my stride and as I was paying for my shoes I mentioned to the sales girl that I was heading off to the other end of the store to buy another pack of stockings ! She smiled and slapped her thigh and said why do you think we choose to wear trousers to work ? She loved my wedges !

Nikki A.
04-13-2019, 02:16 PM
[QUOTE=Teresa;4353269]Nikki,
I never thought I would wear female jeans or trousers , well I had to bite the bullet because most GGs do , IT'S PRACTICAL !! I have to admit when I get back home I do slip on a skirt because I find it more comfortable and relaxing rather than tight jeans even in softer femme material.

Teresa you hit the nail on the head. As someone who has decided to go full time you can see why sometimes pants or leggings are a part of a lady's wardrobe. I said I'd never wear leggings, but coupled with a short skirt and flats it makes a cute combo (at least in my opinion).

FrannGurl
04-13-2019, 02:21 PM
I love dresses, but day to day I wear womens jeans or leggings and love them. They are practical, comfortable and can be worn with many different tops and blouses.

alwayshave
04-13-2019, 04:59 PM
I love dresses, hose, girdle and heels. They are the reason I dress. While I do own some women's leggings, they are the only women's wear that one could consider pants.

t-girlxsophie
04-13-2019, 06:07 PM
Majority of my time is dressed in skirts,but I do love wearing dresses esp on evenings out, in the past I never wore trousers at all but I do more and more these days,can still look really well turned out in trousers,heels and pretty top,blouse etc

Sophie

JeanTG
04-13-2019, 08:27 PM
I hate pants. I have a few pairs of jeans, a pair of capris, and a pair of dressier pants but I rarely wear them. I'm a skirts and dresses girl. If I want to go casual I wear a casual or denim skirt, and in summer, a tank top or camisole or a sweater in winter; casual skirts are quite common around here. More formal, I wear a dress, or a more business-like pencil skirt, nice feminine top and a blazer.

In winter or cool I wear pantyhose. Otherwise it's bare legs. My legs are in pretty good shape from tons of cycling. Muscular but I've seen lots of female cyclists with similar legs.

Jaymees22
04-13-2019, 10:09 PM
I'm okay with pants, leggings or dresses. What ever seems appropriate at the time.

donnalee
04-14-2019, 07:25 AM
When I'm at home, which is mostly, it's dresses or skirts, mostly casual; when I'm out or working on something its women's pants or jeans. Dresses or skirts are so much more comfortable' pants are kind of like armor and will stand rougher use, but I'm happy to get out of them and into a skirt.

Jodi
04-14-2019, 06:36 PM
Dresses are so alive and well. Just make a trip out to White house/Black market, Chicos, New York & Co, dress barn. You will see more nice dresses than you can count. GG's are wearing them and 95% wear them without hose. GG's know how to look and feel great with bare legs. Look around in the summer, the only ones wearing hose are grannies and trannies.

Jodi

prene
04-14-2019, 08:36 PM
I wear mostly gg jeans.
I wear them 99% of the time whatever mode I am in.
I love just having a feminine body (hips, waist and bust) so it does not matter what I wear.
I do not like drawing to much attention I want to just feel feminine and comfortable in what I am wearing.
A nice pair of high waist gg jeans can still be feminine.
I do wear dresses but there needs to be a event or a reason to shave my legs(LOL).
Prene

kayla_bayarea
04-14-2019, 11:39 PM
Let's face it, dresses are a hassle. To look right you need hose, and the other accessories.

Uggh, tons of CDs have a fetish for hose/stockings and fail to realize that is a fetish. How is it that so many so clearly fail to actually observe what women wear nowadays??? Instead, people will conjure up some outdated image of a woman in their mind to amplfy their fetish and ignore reality. Women hardly ever wear stockings or hose anymore. Even if all the women in your life somehow escaped the modernizing of their wardrobe I am sure you have actually viewed a TV in your life. How many women at red carpet events are bare legged? Um, maybe all???? They spend hours getting ready and have professional stylists. I'm pretty sure they would know how to look "right".

Come on everyone!! Seriously, get a dose of reality. It won't hurt.

BettyMorgan
04-19-2019, 09:29 AM
Uggh, tons of CDs have a fetish for hose/stockings and fail to realize that is a fetish. How is it that so many so clearly fail to actually observe what women wear nowadays??? Instead, people will conjure up some outdated image of a woman in their mind to amplfy their fetish and ignore reality. Women hardly ever wear stockings or hose anymore. Even if all the women in your life somehow escaped the modernizing of their wardrobe I am sure you have actually viewed a TV in your life. How many women at red carpet events are bare legged? Um, maybe all???? They spend hours getting ready and have professional stylists. I'm pretty sure they would know how to look "right".

Saying "get a dose of reality" right after you mention red carpet and TV was priceless. Lol.
But seriously, I wear tights in the winter/autumn for warmth. I also hate how socks constrict my ankles and cause circulation issues. Less fetish, more practical.

Pants are worn daily to work. Either women's jeans or slacks. Love 'em with a nice blouse.
But my heart will always be with dresses.

Happygirl!
04-19-2019, 09:45 AM
I wear pantyhose, regardless of whether wearing a dress or pants. It's part of the whole feminine experience. And maybe it is part fetish for me. But one could argue, why wear panties either? After all, nobody can see them. But I would guess that for most of us, wearing panties is also part of the feminine experience. And where is the line between fetish and feminine experience? I would argue that it's pretty blurred.

Robertacd
04-19-2019, 10:50 AM
Happygirl, my mother wore pantyhose every day regardless of wearing slacks, jeans, or a dress, and she always wore panties under her pantyhose.

So, no you haven't crossed the fetish line with that one.

Vickie_CDTV
04-19-2019, 08:23 PM

Everyone is entitled to their preferences. Women don't have to like hose, and likewise some of us can like them. (And I wouldn't consider celebrities to be "reality" in any sense.)

Paige Winslow
04-19-2019, 08:40 PM
People at work don't know I'm wearing Lee Boot cut jeans 12 Short, lacy supportive underwear, and Clark's sized 10. I'm dressed female from the waist down. And if anybody asks, I tell the truth. They just fit better. Then I joke to a woman, "I don't see YOU wearing men's jeans."

susan54
04-20-2019, 05:48 AM
Kayla is over-critical to the point of being intolerant of those of us who prefer dresses - on a site called Crossdressers.com! If you want to 'blend in' feel free but do not require the rest of us to do so. When I go out in a dress (usually with sheer tights and (yes!) a SLIP!) I am acting and I am in costume. I do it for fun. It is not real because I am a man. I prefer to wear these clothes and I can so I do. Some of us are in it for the clothes - live with it. As it does nothing for me in 'that' department it is not a fetish. Where some of us live there are lots of women who like to wear similar clothes. I go to upmarket boutiques and hotels when I go out and their female customers are often in dresses and sheer tights too - less so in the supermarket but I am not alone. In any case I do not dress to blend in - I dress to be elegant and if that stands out I am fine with that. Perhaps the critics of those of us who like dresses and skirts should live with it. We are going to carry on wearing dresses and skirts.

Ressie
04-20-2019, 09:07 AM
Pants are a hassle because it requires tucking. One can go without hose with a dress but that pretty much means the legs should be tanned on way or another. Not to mention shaving them!

Majella St Gerard
04-20-2019, 09:49 AM
Here's a dose of reality, we are all men here arguing over femininity.
Some people need to keep things in perspective

AngelaYVR
04-20-2019, 10:18 AM
They do make summer-weight hosiery. I have 6 and 8 den stockings that keep my legs looking nice without getting hot. I do also have to admit to being flummoxed by the whole “what other women wear” argument. You’ve already broken a bunch of “rules” just by stepping out the door, what’s a couple more? If you're not wearing what you actually want to when you go out then you are just cheating yourself - you only live once!

Nikki A.
04-20-2019, 10:58 AM
I'm laughing in that this has broken down to the level of wearing hose or not. I started this post just to give my thoughts of dresses or skirts vs pants. I wear pants in male mode so if I'm going to dress up, I'd prefer not to be in pants although there may be times when I do. I do wear hose to give some color to and cover up the bruises on my pale and battered legs. If you have tanned and blemish free legs then go bare. Do what you're comfortable with.

BettyMorgan
04-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Here's a dose of reality, we are all men here arguing over femininity.
Some people need to keep things in perspective

Here's a dose of reality. Some here are trans. Some here are non-binary. We don't all share the same gender.
Wear what feels comfortable to you.

TheHiddenMe
04-20-2019, 08:10 PM
I am out of the work world, but in the US women wearing dresses certainly has declined. I like wearing dresses and I sometimes think I'm the only one in the mall wearing a dress.

And virtually none wear hose.

However, in Australia I see a lot more women wearing dresses (I spend about two months of the year there). But I never see women wearing hose there.

So my preference is dresses or tops and skirts but I will wear jeans out occasionally.

kayla_bayarea
04-20-2019, 10:14 PM
Kayla is over-critical to the point of being intolerant of those of us who prefer dresses - on a site called Crossdressers.com! If you want to 'blend in' feel free but do not require the rest of us to do so.

How about actually reading and comprehending what I wrote? EXACTLY where did I say I was critical if wearing dresses????!!!!

I am calling attention to the fact some people think hose is a requirement for wearing dresses when basically no woman actually wears them anymore.

Also, the reason I pointed out celebs on TV is because apparently some people ignore ALL the woman actually around them. The media (and red carpets) is not all outrageous fashion and the majority is "normal". Of course I see some would rather post a knee jerk snark remark without any thought behind it.

I don't care whether or not someone like hose and insists on wearing them. Wear whatever you please. There is however a real lack of awareness if someone thinks it's a requirement for dresses.

And again Susan, WHERE did I say I was intolerant of people preferring dresses????!!!!!!
If you are going to call someone out learn reading comprehension first. How did you even come to a conclusion that is so far off the mark that is lands in the realm of the absurd??

susan54
04-21-2019, 04:43 AM

That last bit is addressed to "everyone" and then we are commanded to get a dose of reality. The bit above puts that command in the context of what woman actually wear. I stand by my remarks.

kayla_bayarea
04-21-2019, 05:58 AM
That last bit is addressed to "everyone" and then we are commanded to get a dose of reality. The bit above puts that command in the context of what woman actually wear. I stand by my remarks.
And yet you STILL do not say where I am intolerant of those who prefer dresses. My comments are completely about the combination of dresses AND HOSE. You do not address at all what asked. So now you not only can't read my original reply but can't even read my response to you pointing this out.

Happygirl!
04-21-2019, 08:26 AM
OMG, you'd think there was a serious anti-hosiery faction among us! Unless your legs are perfectly unblemished, hosiery should be an absolute requirement with a dress. And the variety of different colors, shades, deniers, adds to making a fashion statement. Besides the fact that pantyhose feel luxurious!

Beverley Sims
04-23-2019, 03:26 AM
For my reply, I suggest you refer to my previous answers on a number previous of occasions. :-)

BrendaPDX
04-23-2019, 08:17 AM
I am with doc too, I dress like what I like seeing. I generally like skirts with tees, it also makes it easier to blend. But who doesn't love a summer dress when it is warm out. :battingeyelashes:

Fran-K
04-24-2019, 04:55 AM
HI

First, I'm a stay-in-the-home crossdresser, so I don't have to pick clothing based on what would be appropriate in some public situation. So, when I can dress, I can wear what I feel like, when I feel like it.

That said, I've been finding that at times, when I get home, I prefer to put on a pair of women's stretch/skinny(ish) jeans as opposed to a skirt or dress. It is just as satisfying. I _think_ that the reason is that I still do the full package: panties, bra, pantyhose, top, and so on. Also, women's pants/jeans/... fit and feel different as opposed to those for men, even a man's skinny jean vs a woman's skinny jean. That different feel acts as a feminine reinforcement. So I am still feeling like and dressing/presenting as a woman, and that's what the real goal is.

(As usual, YMMV)
Fran

Patience
04-26-2019, 12:53 AM
Thank you. I feel liberated. I wish I had read this sooner.

suzanne
04-26-2019, 01:13 AM
I respectfully disagree with your premise. To me, the simplest thing to do is grab a dress and throw it on. Pick out a pair of shoes and, boom, your done. Much more complicated is to put together a skirt and top combo to suit the occasion. But it's also more fun just exploring the possibilities.

The hassle comes later. A dress rides up more in back when you bend over, so bend at the knees. Keep your knees together when you sit. Don't flash your knickers when you get in and out of the car. Dresses ars less common than they used to be, so more attention will come your way. Etc, etc

t-girlxsophie
04-28-2019, 07:40 PM
I wear hose with dresses mainly as my legs although generally in decent shape,have blemishes,that and I like wearing them.But had a discussion with my GG friends at work and it was their view that bare legged is the norm these days,unless perhaps it's a dressy ocassion.The exception being fit n flare or tunic style dresses worn with opaque tights.

Mind you why anyone should argue over your preference bemuses me

Sophie

Lovinhose
04-28-2019, 08:51 PM
I'd wear a dress every damn day if I could, hose and all. Hell, if it wasn't for us, the women's clothing factories would go out of business as real women don't dress like women anymore.

I despise pants, and I'll only EVER wear pants as a man, I'll never wear or consider pants as 'crossdressing'! Wearing women's jeans just means you're dressing like the woman who's dressing like a man...makes as much sense as milk bucket under a bull.

JMO2
05-06-2019, 07:24 AM

I work at a Department Store here in the US of A and I will tell you I feel the same way about this state. You are lucky and I mean really lucky if you see a girl or woman in a dress or a skirt. If they are they have leggings under them. So if a guy wore a skirt where I live it is almost the most talked about thing for the next week or so. Sad country we live in out here in the boonies when we cannot even chime in on this topic.

My mom always wore dresses because she was so overweight and no she wouldn't influence me in the least as to what I wear but I know it would be skirts and dresses and you would have to kill me to take them away "IF" I could.

5150 Girl
05-07-2019, 08:12 PM
We have a dress code at work. The heart of it is basically no jeans and t shirts. Also minimums for hem and neck lines.
I usually wear a nice dress with hose and heels, and occasionally I do nice slacks to. However, knee highs or trouser socks are a must. While hose are not dress code, I have a thing about wearing closed shoes with bear feet. A lot depends on the weather to. With summer just around the corner, I will eventually switch to dressy sandals, at which point the hose will have to go away to.

Sara Jessica
05-07-2019, 09:58 PM
I'd wear a dress every damn day if I could, hose and all. Hell, if it wasn't for us, the women's clothing factories would go out of business as real women don't dress like women anymore.

I despise pants, and I'll only EVER wear pants as a man, I'll never wear or consider pants as 'crossdressing'! Wearing women's jeans just means you're dressing like the woman who's dressing like a man...makes as much sense as milk bucket under a bull.

I'm not sure what is more shocking, your entire comment or the fact that no one has bothered to call it out for what it is in the week+ since it was originally posted.

It seems that in Buffalo, you can relate more to milk buckets and bulls than how real women live their daily lives not giving a hoot what LOVINHOSE thinks of their clothing choices.

Mary Lawrence
05-09-2019, 08:03 PM
I grew up in the northern US where it was really cold for much of the winter. Girls in my school were not allowed to wear pants in school, even if they walked to get there. I still live in the north and the situation has changed much for the better. Essentially, anything goes. Nowadays, even rather revealing leggings are allowed.

If a woman wishes, she may wear a skirt or dress whenever or wherever, limited only by practicality and sense of fashion. Under day-to-day circumstances, clothes selection is dictated by individual standards. I would not wear a classy dress when attending a football game in freezing weather any more than I would select jeans filled with holes to wear to a wedding.

A demonstration of the current state of affairs was brought home to me during a recent trip to an island in the Caribbean. There, I had the opportunity to observe many women going to or from a large grocery store. The clothing the women wore was quite interesting. About 25-30% wore bathing suits under a cover-up. About 30% wore shorts or crop pants. The remainder wore loose fitting dresses. That was, to me, very unexpected. However, I soon realized what a wonderful garment a dress is! Open at the bottom and if not cinched at the waist, a thin fabric dress is lightweight, cool and airy from about the knees to the shoulders. No wonder the dress is so often worn even in warm climates.

t-girlxsophie
05-10-2019, 10:39 PM
I was out and about this week and like the majority of GGs out there I was wearing trousers,in my case bootleg denims and ankle boots,worn with nice top and hooded rain jacket,of course I felt no less feminine than if I was wearing a skirt,Its ludicrous to suggest as Lovinhose does that women are crossdressing in trousers,absolute nonsense

Sophie

Sophie