PDA

View Full Version : Dilemma over haircut solved .

Teresa
04-17-2019, 09:56 AM
I'm finding it harder to go back to male mode in my new home town . I've dealt with most aspects but getting my hair cut to me was a tricky one . The last couple of times I booked my appointment in drab but just wasn't happy , at the end of my last appontment I asked if she minded me booking as Teresa and just slip my wig off while she trimmed the silver grey layer underneath . I have to say this time I did feel more comfortable wearing full makeup with a blouse and black boot cut trousers with heeled boots but no wig than I did sitting there in drab . She only books appointments so there's not usually anyone sitting waiting , truthfully I don't think it would have bothered me , To me it's the best compromise .

The stylist is from Lithuania , her English isn't perfect but the fact I was dressed made her far more chatty about the whole TG situation , so I'm glad I made this choice .

It may appear trivial to some but I'm determined to stop the chopping and changing as much as I can , I truthfully don't feel comfortable , it's down to a few hours every two weeks now .

Robertacd
04-17-2019, 10:59 AM
I solved all of my haircut dilemmas the day I decided to stop getting my haircut.

Maid_Marion
04-17-2019, 11:27 AM
I 've gone a year since my last one.

Teresa
04-17-2019, 12:51 PM
Roberta/Marion,
May never be an option for me that's why I have this problem to solve .

Majella St Gerard
04-17-2019, 01:54 PM
just shave your head, makes wearing a wig easier.
if you are full time then why return to man mode?
if the family knows and just does not approve I'd would not change my ways to ease their fragile senses, but that is just my opinion and I don't live in your situation.

Barbara Jo
04-17-2019, 03:13 PM
I solved all of my haircut dilemmas the day I decided to stop getting my haircut.

Same here
I just cut my straight cut bangs occasionally by myself. :)

BTW, I just tie it back when in male mode. it's way past my shoulders. :)

Eemz
04-17-2019, 04:22 PM
That's excellent news Teresa, it's not trivial at all. I really think the chopping and changing is bad for your soul so it's good to start narrowing it down to situations where you feel you really *have to* as opposed to just it would make things easier. I do hear you though... I have to admit I am slightly uncomfortable at the barbers these days with my NB appearance, but it has to be done and I'm not dialing it down for anyone.

Majella is not wrong either :) I have a #1 buzz cut all over these days and it is very handy with the wig...

Rachael Leigh
04-17-2019, 07:49 PM
Teresa since I began to let my hair grow it made it much easier to just go and get it cut in girl mode.
I go to a salon school and they are most accommodating for me. Always using proper pronouns and such.
This past week even went to get a back wax. I never saw myself getting my own hair cut en fem and now it’s the norm
Wish you well and glad you found your solution

Crissy 107
04-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Teresa, That’s not trivial at all but just another nice step forward for you. You are living the dream of many here!

Teresa
04-17-2019, 09:24 PM
Eemz,
It's the best compromise for me , I must admit I didn't feel as uncomfortable as I thought doing the transformation in front of her , it was a very similar feeling to visiting a wig shop . It may sound vain but even the few hours I have to do drab I still prefer to have hair rather than a total crop, it is frustrating that it just won't grow all over but wearing a wig does have it's benifits . The hairdresser did mention having another TG customer who has the hair cut in a femme style but she struggles with styling it as it very coarse which is a problem with some male hair, she was very interested in hearing the effects of hormones as she hadn't had that conversation before .

Asew
04-17-2019, 09:30 PM
I know this was hard for you since you aren't a fan of a mixed presentation but it sounds like the best option.

Beverley Sims
04-18-2019, 08:10 AM
Full time will eventually take over, you can't go on living a lie forever. :-)

Sometimes Steffi
04-18-2019, 09:27 PM
I have a hair trimmer and I use the No. 4 "blade" to trim my own hair. I haven't been to a barber in years.

CarlaWestin
04-18-2019, 09:56 PM
I've also started trimming my hair to a four. Perfect manly shadow and I've received compliments from unexpected sources. Wigs fit divinely.

Jean 103
04-18-2019, 11:01 PM
I completely understand.

You should not have to now. You are now Teresa.

It's best to be in girl mode full time, not back and forth. Basically it is easier for people to understand and accept, when they believe this is you, full time.

I find it is also better to meet people for the first time in girl mode.

docrobbysherry
04-19-2019, 12:17 AM
Is it too late to change your name to, Chatty Cathy?:heehee: