PDA

View Full Version : My next salon visit will be in full femme

Jenny22
04-17-2019, 03:42 PM
Yesterday, as I've done for a couple of years, I went to my nail salon to have my toes' polish removed and a pedicure. My Vietnamese tech knows about Jenny. I thought its now time to come out to the manager and ask if I could come in next time dressed as a woman. I showed him phone photos from DLV, and he said yes!

I also showed my tech phone photos (two more techs came over to see the photos!) and told her what I wanted to do on my next visit, and she got a bit excited! After some conversation and understanding, she told me that Monday mornings, after opening at 9 AM, was the time when no one comes in until later. That will be it for the first time, and it will be for a mani-pedi with color!! I can't wait!

Tracy Irving
04-17-2019, 04:01 PM
That is a nice way to start a week!

Eemz
04-17-2019, 04:02 PM
Yay! Excellent. I'm a long way from doing anything like that.

Macey
04-17-2019, 04:26 PM
Good on you, Jenny! Report back here with how it went :)

Cheshire girl
04-17-2019, 05:18 PM
Good for you Jenny. Beauty salons are great places generally to go en femme. I have been going to one for several years and am just treated like one of the other female clients. Conversation with the beauty therapists is about girly subjects sometimes. Just sitting in the waiting room with other females when I’m dressed is great as is having nails done in the front public room.

Leslie Mary S
04-17-2019, 05:59 PM
you go girls. I would love to go too but the distance to your salon is a bit far to drive from Alabama. Two nights ago I applied some matalic gold to my fingers but not my toes. took it off today. Going to a 2+ hr DR appointment to have my hearing and balance checked. Will have to remove all ear rings, makeup,and clothing with metal in them (Underwired-bra). This week end I am going to try to make the GNO in Nashville, TN. Wanted to go to Atlanta, GA but the hotel prices are to rich. In Nashville I will stay with DarkanGGel in her apartment. She will give me a make-over and mani/pedicure with color. The attire will be casual.
See I can get a bit of that pampering too. GRIN
And I do need it.
The blue and shininess of my second toe is from when I kicked the corner of my makeup kit. No heels for me for a while more.

Rogina B
04-17-2019, 08:15 PM
Why do you feel a need to ask permission ? They are your feet and you are spending your money..Should be a non issue....

Beverley Sims
04-18-2019, 08:13 AM
Jenny,
Another step forward for you.

Elizabeth G
04-18-2019, 08:59 AM
Hi Jenny,

It sounds like fun, I hope you have a great time!

Elizabeth

Quietjenny
04-18-2019, 11:57 AM
I routinely go to my salon in womens clothes but not done up the whole way. So no makeup or forms but wearing womens jeans, shoes, tops etc. The ladies never bat an eye.

Jenny22
04-18-2019, 04:57 PM
I did so as a curtisy to the shop, Rogina, since females will certainly enter while I'm being pampered, and I don't want a scene to develop if it's the shop's policy to not welcome TGs. Maybe I didn't need to, but I'm still learning.

Angie G
04-18-2019, 06:05 PM
Way to go girl enjoy! :hugs:
Angie

Leelou
04-18-2019, 07:54 PM
I did so as a curtisy to the shop, Rogina, since females will certainly enter while I'm being pampered, and I don't want a scene to develop if it's the shop's policy to not welcome TGs. Maybe I didn't need to, but I'm still learning.

Jenny, it was not a bad idea to let them know in advance. Yes, you didn't need to, but I'm happy for you that you did. I think it's just a natural part of your coming out into the world. I know I've read many stories here about CD's calling ahead to stores to make sure they are supportive--so good on you for asking in person. Have fun!!

abby054
04-22-2019, 07:36 AM
It is much different getting my nails done en femme than it is in drab. Color is the first thing they mention when I am en femme. They never brought it up when I was in drab.

My first pedi with color was done last September at the same salon in Portland that Susan Miller describes in her blog. The second one is from January in Phoenix.

t-girlxsophie
04-28-2019, 08:38 PM
Cool,enjoy your experience

Sophie