PDA

View Full Version : Question on getting older

Danielle/Mo
03-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Do you think most CD's worry about getting older like GG's do? Most men I know don't care and do little about taking care of themselves in the race against time. Even though we all know that time is eventually going to win. There are other CD's (the few that I have talked to in my few times out) that use sunscreen ,moisturizers,etc. just as GG's do (myself included).

Deborah
03-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Yes i do. I'm not looking forward to looking old in drab or en femme. :(

Toni Shelton
03-23-2006, 05:30 PM
I also try and take care of myself. I use lotions, sunscreen ,moisturizers, etc. Some say "Time waites for no man". But a girl has to try and slow it down some.:rose2:

Donna tv
03-23-2006, 05:31 PM
YUCK !!! getting older is the pits. As the saying goes " If I only knew then what I know now"

jillinla
03-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Older is different - not necessarily bad
---
Especially for us - or for me - those that never have been able to "pass"
- the changes of age are forgiving - some of the "maculinity" slips away and your feminine beauty - even though aged - shows through

Karen Edmonton
03-23-2006, 05:44 PM
I don't lose any sleep over it , but I also use all the creams ,and take care of myself in the hopes it will slow it down abit !

Paula Jaye
03-23-2006, 05:46 PM
No point worrying about - it will happen. Best thing is to keep active to slow down the slide down the slope.

To change tack a little: how many find that they look substantially younger when dressed? In my case it is probably having a wig tha is not grey like my own hair!

Teresa Amina
03-23-2006, 05:55 PM
how many find that they look substantially younger when dressed?

Much! Can't beat having nice long dark hair instead of balding grey.
Will be strange to be 80 and Dressing- will entertain the staff at the nursing home!:eek:

Janelle Young
03-23-2006, 06:01 PM
I haven't thought about it much but now that you bring it up I think I need to start trying to protect myself a bit better. Thanks for the thread.

Jenni
03-23-2006, 06:13 PM
A real good (and relevent) topic. I try to keep the exercise going by walking as much as I can, and try to avoid too much junk food, although I still love my chocolate!

For skin, I've found a moisturizer that is totally awesome, and use it every day without fail. I was never a "sun worshipper", and am thankful for that now. Some of my friends who used to tan a lot are really starting to show their age.

As someone else mentioned, time will always win in the end. But, I'm gonna fight it every step of the way:D

Julie Avery
03-23-2006, 06:29 PM
I never feel my age as sharply as I do when I crossdress....at 51.....

My take, there's no use fighting it, it's a fact, deal with it.

SherriePall
03-23-2006, 06:32 PM
Since I've come out to my wife, I have used moisturizers, etc. Don't know if it helps, but at least I feel as though I am doing something. And, I feel I look 10 years younger dressed (the old grey hair disappears!)

Julie Avery
03-23-2006, 06:45 PM
A real good (and relevent) topic. I try to keep the exercise going by walking as much as I can, and try to avoid too much junk food, although I still love my chocolate!

For skin, I've found a moisturizer that is totally awesome, and use it every day without fail. I was never a "sun worshipper", and am thankful for that now. Some of my friends who used to tan a lot are really starting to show their age.

As someone else mentioned, time will always win in the end. But, I'm gonna fight it every step of the way:D

Great advice, imho.
If it weren't for crossdressing, I wouldn't care, but crossdressing has me doing a few calisthentics and a little time on the stationary bike.

Wenda
03-23-2006, 06:47 PM
I am 58, dont feel any older than I did 30 years ago, just cant work till midnight. I am lucky in that I inheritted good skin from my parents. I see lots of attractive, well-dressed older ladies. Of course, being a bit on the trashy side (or a 2-bit *****, as my gf refers to Wenda)it means I am not likely to be going out dressed any time soon.

joni-alice
03-23-2006, 07:03 PM
just don't look in the mirror

Phyliss
03-23-2006, 07:06 PM
About a year ago I began to realize just how "bad" I looked and the fact that I couldn't do half of the things I used to.
Slowly but surely I've been making changes to my lifestyle and have learned how to take better care of myself, both physically and appearance wise.

NO I can't stop THE CLOCK but at least I can hopefully slow it down a bit.

At 61 I most definately don't look like I did when I was 20.

Trish
03-23-2006, 07:07 PM
I've used moisturizers on my face since I first started shaving. I'm 57 now, and most GG's I meet, think I'm in my mid 40's.

insearchofme
03-23-2006, 07:10 PM
I just had my 57th birthday and truthfully most days I feel as good if not better then when I was in my 30s. I do exercise 5-6 times a week and use sunblocks, moisturizers and the like. I eat pretty healthy (except for this afternoon at "Happy Hour") and drink 1-2 glasses of red wine each day, I also take suppliments. It sounds like work but it really isn't, I don't care about getting older just having a good quality of life.

Getting old with poor helath sucks!!!!

Butterfly Bill
03-23-2006, 07:17 PM
The legs are the last thing to go. And I was still able to have two women tell me they were jealous when I walked past them in a mini and opaque black Hues at the ren fair academy last week.

Snookums
03-23-2006, 07:34 PM
I was always told,age is a state of mind,I like getting older.Sometimes I give thought to what I have learned in life.How I look is irrelavent:cute:

Penny
03-23-2006, 07:48 PM
Ah yes, the aging process. Mr. Distinguished or MS still pretty at her age?
I'd rather be pretty so I do try to take care of myself with creams , exercise
and soforth but I could probably stll do better. I know that makeup helps you look younger.

Victoria_Tu
03-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Considering the avilable data It beats the alternative. And its not older its seasoned.

Lilith Moon
03-23-2006, 07:55 PM
Apart from the balding and the graying and the extra hair that grows everywhere except on the scalp, and the wrinkles around the eyes, and the sagging jowls, and the scraggy neck, and the arthritic joints it's not too bad :(

Julie Avery
03-23-2006, 07:57 PM
The legs are the last thing to go. And I was still able to have two women tell me they were jealous when I walked past them in a mini and opaque black Hues at the ren fair academy last week.

You go, Bill :)

I agree, the legs are the last things to go. But dag nabbit, us genetic males are gifted with outsized kneecaps ;)

Jodi
03-23-2006, 09:54 PM
I will turn 61 in June, I don't feel it and am told that I don't look it, both in drab and enfemme. I started 10 years ago getting my hair professionally colored. Only I know how gray my hair really is. I have been moisturizing my skin twice daily for the past 6 years. I use an exfoliator cleanser to wash my face daily. I have used sunscreen for the last 20 yars when out in the sun. I work out daily and watch my diet. I have maintained a size 6-8 in pants and skirts for the past 6 years. I know of very few 60 year old men that can boast a 28" waist.

I can't stop the clock, but I can delay it.

Jodi

Jennaie
03-23-2006, 10:43 PM
I cleanse and use vitamin E oil on my face daily. At 50, I certianly don't look like the kind of woman I would like to look like. But I do my best.

Mitzi
03-23-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm already "older", much "older", but still like to dress as if I were still young. I used to worry that in a few years, when I reached, say 60, I wouldn't be able to dress in the girly way I enjoyed so much. Sixty came and went, and nothing changed with my dressing. But lately, I look at pictures of attractive senior ladies and think...I sure wouldn't mind dressing and looking like them...

Mitzi

ReginaK
03-23-2006, 10:45 PM
I worry about it. I'm definitely not getting any prettier as time goes on.

HaleyPink2000
03-23-2006, 11:26 PM
I think older CD's for the most part pass better mostly. OH, I'm 55 and I think I do ok! LOL:)

Abbygale
03-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Danielle My Love
We all have to face that problem but as I always say
"It's better to deal with an established firm"
Abby

Toni
03-24-2006, 04:32 AM
YUCK !!! getting older is the pits. As the saying goes " If I only knew then what I know now"

It's not the pits as it's much easier to pass if you dress your age, and I don't mean like an old fogey. I'm 64 in July and if I knew then what I know now I would have been out of the closet a lot sooner.

Lilith Moon
03-24-2006, 05:47 AM
It's not the pits as it's much easier to pass if you dress your age, and I don't mean like an old fogey. I'm 64 in July and if I knew then what I know now I would have been out of the closet a lot sooner.

Thanks for that positive view. I'm just a few years behind you and posts like yours make me feel a bit better. One issue I have is that I want to look in the mirror and still see a hot young lady looking back at me. I guess that many GGs have the same problem. I just helped my wife dye her hair and she is over the moon now that her gray is gone :cool:

suanne
03-24-2006, 09:00 AM
Nah.....Age does not bother me. It is just a fact of life. Your attitude has alot to do with how you handle it. I dress for me anyway. I couldn't pass when I was 19 and I sure can't do it at 59 unless I wanted to hang out as Mrs Doubtfire. But thats just not Suanne. One thing about my age. I have become a lot wiser in the way I treat Suanne. She likes her privacy, is still very shy at times and does not like it when she has to stay in the box very long. When she comes out to play she makes the most of it and really does enjoy herself. So...when the time does come she doen't pitch a fit when I put her back in the box. We both can cope with everyday life a little better.:D

Kim E
03-24-2006, 09:28 AM
I don't worry too much about getting old because I'm already there. Age is only a number and I feel much younger than I really am. Its only been the past 10 years that I started taking care of my skin by using sunscreen and moisturizers. That was after a bout with facial skin cancer, a result of too much sun over a lifetime. Most people guess my age at least 10 years younger than my actual age, so that's not too bad. My biggest concern now is covering the gray hair, thanks to L'Oreal that's possible.

Kim

geegee2
03-24-2006, 12:49 PM
No point worrying about - it will happen. Best thing is to keep active to slow down the slide down the slope.

To change tack a little: how many find that they look substantially younger when dressed? In my case it is probably having a wig tha is not grey like my own hair!
with age its getting better not older:D :D When I dress,wich is almost all thetime I feel and act younger and it just makes me sooo happy to be young again. by the way I am 61 years young and I will never give in to time:D :D all my love hugs and kisses GeeGee2

Diannna
03-25-2006, 05:07 PM
I was fairly fortunate in the fact that I inherited my mothers oily skin. (when young, had to fight the pimples, but now, the oily skin has eased the aging process ) I'm close to being 60 and don't look my age. How ever my g/f say's that I should start taking care of myself in the skin area. She took me down to the local Penny's department store and bought me what she felt I should start using. I live with her part time. Three or four days a week. So now I have a small collection at both her house and mine. It's neat, because she showed me how and when to use it all. I especially love the smell of everything too. I told her that I would like to start ordering from the Avon lady. She thought that was a great idea.

Crisack
03-25-2006, 05:17 PM
I've noticed that the older CD seem to pass easier also. Which means I'll pass when I'm about 80, lol. I'm not so worried about the age but I do use the skin care items for my face. I've found that makeup goes on easier and looks better when you're not covered in construction man black heads and pores the size of a....well you know what I mean, lol.

Sweet Susan
03-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Except for when I get up in the morning, I still look pretty young for my age. Most people misjudge me by about ten years. Lucky me, I guess. When I was is my 20s I was always carded at the bars, even when buying milk I was asked for ID! When en femme I look even younger, not sure if it is the make-up or just my good looks! I don't do anything like use creams, etc. I hate oily stuff on me.

Aileen
03-25-2006, 05:31 PM
What worries me most is getting heavier. It's started to happen already. I tried on a gown I used to be able to wear, and I couldn't get the zipper up.

Julie Avery
03-25-2006, 05:35 PM
What worries me most is getting heavier. It's started to happen already. I tried on a gown I used to be able to wear, and I couldn't get the zipper up.

Well, there's that, and we get heavier in male ways. But Aileen, I think you're well positioned to arrest the process....quite slim.

Zelda Noe
03-25-2006, 06:06 PM
Hi All:

I've found that if you want to least look like a GG, you need to think like a GG, at very least in the area of facial care.

I started dressing at the age of 53 (very late bloomer), and discovered I didn't have a clue as to what "skin care" was all about. Dressing actually made me more aware, in a good way, of my daily hygiene habits. So I started reading up about it online and starting taking tips from other cd's and started gaining experience.

I use the womens "Loreal" line of skin care products. It has made a vast change in my facial area (brow area, undereye, cheeks, forehead) and neck area. Man tend to not care about skin or sun protection while GG's most always care about this. So...if you are a serious dresser...then I'd suggest caring for your skin like the GG ladies do. Besides...what can hurt a male from learning good skin care anyway, even if not dressed? If you search the Internet you can find excellent resources for skin care and skin care products. Hope this helps.

Hugs, Dandy:happy: ;)

Jesse69
03-25-2006, 07:02 PM
It's never too late to have a good body for crossdressing. Ever since I started I usually bought size 12 to 14 stuff. The turning point to lose weight happened when I bought my first size 16 skirt suit. I didn't like being a size 16 so I used a lot of biking with a LITTLE diet to lose 65 lbs of fat! Went form a size 16 to even being able to fit a size 4. I 've rarely fitted some size 2's, mostly I am a size 6 for a proper fit.

I'm 37 right now, but one time 2 weeks ago a lotto sales clerk did not want to sell me lotto tickets because she thought I was under 18!

People gradually gain weight from mistakes / slight overeating in time. A long distance bike ride > 38 miles is enough to keep it in check once a week. But not if you overeat too much.

I watch what I eat everyday, because if I get fat again I would not be able to fit in my beautiful skirt suits, schoolgirl outfits, and cheerleader outfits.

Sally24
03-26-2006, 05:30 PM
I've worked indoors mostly so haven't been exposed to alot of sun except in one area. I drive quite a bit and until recently didn't use much sunscreen. The area of my neck exposed on the left side to sunlight in the car has 3 large wrinkles while the other side of my neck is still pristine (at least for 51!). I now use a high spf sunblock every day on my neck, face, ears, and of course my hands and arms.

And yes, between the makeup and the non-grey wig I've been told I take off at least 10 years when I go from drab to drag.

BrookeMckayla
03-28-2006, 09:50 AM
Do you think most CD's worry about getting older like GG's do? Most men I know don't care and do little about taking care of themselves in the race against time. Even though we all know that time is eventually going to win. There are other CD's (the few that I have talked to in my few times out) that use sunscreen ,moisturizers,etc. just as GG's do (myself included).

Yup! I never worried about it before. But now that I accepted myself, stopped purging, and came out to my wife, I find myself worrying a lot about aging! I use most of the moisturizers that my wife uses. Thank god for her!! I have crows feet from all the squinting I've done in my life, which look really bad when the make-up isn't done right. Suddenly, I find myself worried about wrinkles. I suddenly, REALLY appreciate how youthful my face looks, overall. I wonder how long it will last.

Sam-antha
03-28-2006, 10:02 AM
ah...oh... um.
Looking old or looking older. I did and do not mind the second one. Dressing helps to remove that change. It helps a lot.
The first one is crunchy. I just found it outfound out recently in someone else's mirror. Schok, more schock in my own mirror. Horror.
I have always looked after myself, kept fit (no gym, just walking , cycling etc)and therefore well aired and in good shape.
Creamed and etc, do that every day when I shave, since I use a moisturiser for shaving cream.
But, the sags do and will start and they are cruel, whether they are on the face or on the body.
I still do not know why they call oldies "wrinklies", (in the UK). "Saggies" would sadly be more apt.
I have stopped the very short term worry period after discovery, probably about two months in all and I accept that I am so, and get on with living. (Not that I have so long to go, but then who has no matter their age.

nezy
03-28-2006, 10:28 AM
well my husbend does use moisturizers and sunscoren...so well it makes his skin softer..not sure if he worries bout the ageing thing...:cool:

Kathycd
03-28-2006, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone:

The maturity has been a learning curve as most have said in this thread. I like the different styles of dressing that comes to the ageing process. Skirts and dresses have lowerd hems and all that. But then I have found that the ageing process has given me a fuller, rounded bottom, slightly wider hips and the relaxed pecs now afford cleavage.

Like most men, I never worried about the skin ageing or useing sun bloc's or even hand lotion. That on my part was the largest mistake really. I got out the cloth measuring tape the other day. "Talk about a wake up call!" Ok, the decision is made for this mature girl, because a size 20W dress is just not going to cut it.

So the regimin has started for me. The walk, not a poke along but a fast paced is the starter. And the sit ups of course to get the midrif down to something more manageable, then the rest will start to fall back into place. So come on 155 lbs, only 40 more to go! <grin>

I do find that I like dressing to my age <58> very much. THe different out fits seem to hang better, the is just a little more sway to my step and the "swich" "swish" sound is still there when I walk.

The heels are just a little lower these days too, 3 inch max but that is ok.

All in all, I really do like the mature look, I just have to try to learn make up better. <smile>

hugs

kathy

lynda jane hamilton
03-28-2006, 02:38 PM
I am a tranny granny at 55! I have learnt to look after my skin, cleanse tone and moisturise(lessons from the SO) after shaving. Always wear sun screen on your face. Soften the makeup and dress like a sassy 50 year old something lady that you know you are!

My only regret I cannot manage to wear really high heels anymore. Oh and another thing give beer and smoking the push drink wine spritzers in moderation and remove all the unwanted hair that grows where we don't want it!

Watch what you eat and lose weight and steer clear of polyester frocks!

One of the positives is that your own greying and thinning hair disappears under a beautiful highlighted brown wig!

Lynda x

carol ann
03-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Of course many of us do. I now always use moisturisers,( different ones for face and body) anti-eyeshadow cream and lip cream after my morning shower and the improvement in my skin is so worthwhile.

Surprisingly, this something my wife knows about and never comments adversely.

Khriss
03-28-2006, 07:30 PM
...I just had a 29th birthday....for the 15th time!?...
( age 19 would realy be a "stretch" !!)
...a lot to do with attitude ...I think ..:) xx "K"

Bernice
03-28-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm 52. A retired state trooper thought I was 40. I have a friend age 60 who looks 40, partly because the men in his family never get grey hair - a genetic advantage.

I have no secret for looking younger, unless that it is partly that I have stayed out of the sun most of my life. When I do go to an airshow or to the beach, I look like a mime, with all that SPF60 all over everywhere.

I have not used any moisturizer.

Obviously, my wigs have no grey hairs - yet. In time, I will need new wigs.
Yes, my hemlines are sagging. Thinking about trying to dress more my age. Yuk.

Hugs,

Bernice

Rachel Morley
03-28-2006, 11:33 PM
There are other CD's (the few that I have talked to in my few times out) that use sunscreen ,moisturizers,etc. just as GG's do (myself included).
Hi Danielle,
Me too...I always cleanse and moisturize every day, and I always use sun screen on exposed areas. As far as being an elderly cder is concerned, I'm kinda looking forward to it. I can just see me in my cardigan and slippers :)

With respect to aging (in a general sense) remember this: be happy....getting old is privilege denied to many!

Holly
03-28-2006, 11:33 PM
No, I don't dread getting older. In fact, with age has come acceptance and the ability to embrace my full persona. Oh sure, on some levels I do wish I had some of that youthful freshness BUT there is something to be said for mature beauty. I'm content and I'm delighted I've been able to come to this place in my life before drawing my last breath. My only regret is the years lost to fear and uncertainty.