PDA

View Full Version : Great chat with my neighbor

Ceera
04-20-2019, 01:46 PM
I moved into my current neighborhood early in 2016. Our neighbors on the West side of our house were a recently divorced guy and his two late-teen sons. They all met me first as a guy. Their home is separated from mine by a really tall cedar hedge. So they are really not in a position to see who is getting in or out of cars in my driveway, or who is going to the mailbox for our mail. So even though I have been coming and going freely as Ceera since I arrived here, we have had few chances to interact while I was in girl mode. I have not been avoiding them, but just had no real reason to talk to them.

So, I have been full time female since last August. And had not really talked to anyone in that household yet about me becoming female. Well, yesterday I was in the front yard , in a short denim skirt and a tight violet tank top, undeniably female, and the dad in that family walked by on the sidewalk and called out to me, by my male name, Jay. We chatted for a bit, and then I joined him on the sidewalk and said, “By the way, my name is Ceera now. I am transgender and going through full transition. Legally I am already female now. The rest will follow when insurance allows.” He just nodded, and said, “My boys have seen you like this, and they asked me, “What should we call Jay now?” I told him they should call me Ceera now, and address me as female. He was quite accepting, and assured me his kids would be as well. We stood and talked for maybe half an hour, and when that ended, he even offered and gave me a hug.

Couldn’t ask for a better outcome.

Shelly Preston
04-20-2019, 02:06 PM
Thats great Ceera

Its always good to hear of accepting people

Macey
04-20-2019, 02:11 PM
That is just too sweet! Very cool!

Lux
04-20-2019, 02:13 PM
Being a former divorced dad, I can really appreciate the effort and example made by your neighbor towards his sons. That’s how acceptance is passed on.

Great story Ceera and wanted to let you know it made my day. :)

alwayshave
04-20-2019, 04:01 PM
Ceera, That is a great story.

Becoming Brianna
04-20-2019, 04:22 PM
This is amazing Ceera! I'm so glad your neighbors handled that so well. I'm even more glad that he seems willng to make sure his children are accepting as well. It seems as though they may have even led the charge by their question.

Tracii G
04-20-2019, 04:35 PM
Happy to hear everything is fine.

Bobbi46
04-20-2019, 04:37 PM
What a fantastic outcome, knocks prejudice into a cocked hat for sure, you must be very pleased with the outcome, I am happy for you as well.

BTWimRobin
04-20-2019, 04:52 PM
That is awesome! Very cool!

Leelou
04-20-2019, 06:26 PM
Being a former divorced dad, I can really appreciate the effort and example made by your neighbor towards his sons. That’s how acceptance is passed on.

Great story Ceera and wanted to let you know it made my day. :)

Very well said, Lux. That was great to hear the neighbor's acceptance and helping his sons accept as well. What an awesome example for his sons.

That was a great story, Ceera. Thanks for sharing. I love how the story ends--with the neighbor offering a hug. :)

Rachael Leigh
04-20-2019, 09:31 PM
Ceera, that’s great. You know there’s no doubt that if we are just honest with people most are like whatever floats your boat. I’m sure there will always be those who don’t agree but as long as they see us as normal just being ourselves we are
like anyone

Crissy 107
04-20-2019, 09:43 PM
Ceera, That was a great story with a wonderful ending. It looks like you picked a good neighborhood to live in.

Kari_A
04-20-2019, 10:11 PM
I love a story like that to make me feel good about humanity again Ceera!

Teresa
04-21-2019, 07:20 AM
Ceera,
That is the only way , be up front and don't hesitate to tell them , Jay will soon be history everyone will have to acknowledge that .

I must admit it going very well for me , the lovely lady on my RH side calls me Terri and her daughter and granddaughter call me the lady next door . It was quite funny when I met my postman face to face in my drive , he simply asked what do I call you now so I told him Terri or Teresa .

I do find it much easier with people who don't know me in male mode , that interchange is the area that gives me most problems , I don't like it and I have to deal with the few who don't like the female side , as it's only a few hours every couple of week I'm dealing with it at the moment .

Just to add to Lux's comment I'm separated but not divorced but my son and his wife aren't happy and he chooses not to let the grandsons see me . I'm biding my time with that situation as its becoming more common in schools the TG issue is now an open book , so it's only a matter of time before they encounter TG issues at school . It will be interesting to see how they handle the questions it raises .

lingerieLiz
04-22-2019, 12:58 AM
Great news!

I have found that if you are nice to your neighbors they are more often willing to accept you.

Beverley Sims
04-22-2019, 01:20 AM
It is a good outcome considering all the apprehension you go through until you break the ice.

BLUE ORCHID
04-22-2019, 05:30 AM
Hi Ceera :hugs:, Thanks for sharing w great story with us. >Orchid ...:daydreaming:+..