PDA

View Full Version : If you were asked to Dress up for Charity would you

Robbiegirl
04-26-2019, 03:54 PM
I know many of us look back on chances we had to be dressed by girls growing up or to play girl roles in plays and were to scared . Has that changed for everyone or are most of us still to scared ?

If you were asked as part of a charity event to allow yourself to be dolled up with several other guys in Square Dance outfits for a skit would you do it ? Would you S.O. Allow it ?

If the women's club was putting on the show and playing the Guy parts would you be comfortable dancing about in Petticoats? What about your S.O.

Robertacd
04-26-2019, 04:18 PM
Well it really depends...

If it was going to be a respectable (for lack of a better word) event, then yes.

But if it was going to be "a big joke" just to raise money, I would pass.

I don't like being the joke. Yeah I know, I take myself too seriously. :p

abbiedrake
04-26-2019, 05:07 PM
I went to work in my exs wedding dress for charity. No-one else was in costume but I didn't care. I did get some funny looks on the bus though, as I used public transport at the time.

Micki_Finn
04-26-2019, 05:11 PM
I don’t remember a single occasion “growing up” when anyone ever asked boys to play girl roles. Ever. These forums do certainly have an active fantasy life these days.

(Fun fact: my step mother and her twin sister were going to be the babies used to play baby Ricky on “I Love Lucy”, but Desi Arnez was a chauvinist and stepped in insisting “my son will NEVER be played by a girl”)

Lana Mae
04-26-2019, 05:21 PM
It was not a charity type thing but I played a cleaning lady in a cub scout skit once! I drew a few strange looks, but it was mostly for the fun of it! My wife approved at that time and only that time!! LOL Hugs Lana Mae

AllieBellema
I would. I only had one chance to dress up for something when I was a kid, some classmates of mine were doing a project and they needed to do a short video showing how segregation was back in the day and they wanted me to play the part of the woman in the video. I was so scared of showing them that I was enjoying being dressed up that I didn't bother to show up. The group came up with another plan for the project after that.

Eemz
Everyone is different. I wouldn't do it now, because I'd feel dishonest. But I might have when I was still in the closet, because it would seem like one of the few chances I might ever have to dress the way I wanted to in public without having to hide.

Tracii G
04-26-2019, 05:34 PM
Don't care for frilly stuff so no

Robbiegirl
04-26-2019, 05:35 PM
I don’t remember a single occasion “growing up” when anyone ever asked boys to play girl roles. Ever. These forums do certainly have an active fantasy life these days.

(Fun fact: my step mother and her twin sister were going to be the babies used to play baby Ricky on “I Love Lucy”, but Desi Arnez was a chauvinist and stepped in insisting “my son will NEVER be played by a girl”)

Sorry but you are Dead Wrong ! Many of us went to all Boy and Girl High schools in which many of the plays involved Boys playing girls parts and visa Verde

Have you never heard of Harvard 's Hasty Pudding Club

Judy-Somthing
04-26-2019, 05:47 PM
I'm pretty sure I would as long I could do full makeup and not clown makeup.

About twenty years ago I went to a Halloween Party as a Bride, when my wife did my makeup like a clown I was so mad.
I then washed it off and did my own makeup it really bothered her. She said "don't bother trying to look good, it will never happen".
I remember it as a great party night!

Tracii G
04-26-2019, 06:21 PM
Thats "vice versa" Latin for the other way around.
Verde is Spanish for green.
A visa gives you permission to stay in a foreign country.

RADER
04-26-2019, 07:32 PM
Yes I would dress up....As long as I did not have to leave the house.
I am still and always be in the Closet. Sorry.
rader

Teresa
04-26-2019, 08:05 PM
Robbie ,
I've done quite a bit of charity work and dressed up in odd male outfits in the past , I've also enjoyed theme nights at my social group evenings . I don't have a problem dressing up if it's in a good cause . Recently we raised money for the local Air Ambulance which meant taking a collection bucket around the hotel it's always great fun most people give generously , on that occasion we were asked to wear Xmas jumpers .

Rachael Leigh
04-26-2019, 08:28 PM
Without hesitation yes

NancyTO
04-26-2019, 08:43 PM
Ready when you are. Already got my outfits picked out.

Crissy 107
04-26-2019, 09:21 PM
I would be forced to say YES! :)

erinna
04-26-2019, 10:04 PM
NancyTO I like the purple and green ones! And you look marvelous!

I think for me it would also have to be something where the goal was to look good and not be made fun of.

chelyann
04-26-2019, 10:15 PM
yes in a heart beat

aly01
04-26-2019, 10:21 PM
Without a doubt, would be a lovely day.

Patience
04-26-2019, 10:22 PM
Who's Charity? Is she one of us?

suzanne
04-26-2019, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't hesitate to go out dressed as me. A group of guys in dresses for a square dance skit sounds like the same brand of joke as where the football team trades uniforms and jobs with the cheerleading squad. I wouldn't go near it.

Georgia K
04-26-2019, 10:57 PM
Yep I'd love too expecially if they done your makeup I love to be pampered

Ozark
04-26-2019, 11:26 PM
In my Catholic high school we had a 'sadie hawkins dance' where the girls invited the boys, the girls dressed as the boys and the boys dressed as the girls.

I am telling the square dance outfit ...with the ruffled panties (over your white briefs, of course) were the most popular. It is what I wore.

I always knew I was 'different' but until I put on a pair of ruffled panties I just didn't know how different! LOL303687

sometimes_miss
04-27-2019, 03:24 AM
Eh, no. Working in a profession which is 90% females, if I ever got caught in female clothing there would be a collective 'ah HA! I knew it!' heard from the peanut gallery. And there would always be somebody to bring it up whenever the discussions of if the guys in our profession were all gay.

So, no thanks. I will not reinforce the stereotype.

abby054
04-27-2019, 04:59 AM
Thought provoking question, for sure.

I would probably insist on looking too authentic. Skits are usually for clowning around and getting laughs. I take my appearance as a woman too seriously for that. Everyone would notice that I look too good to be doing this just for a party. On the other hand, if all the ladies dressed as men and took it seriously, I may join the fun.

Members of this forum know that I dressed in a dirndl for Oktoberfest. Mine was not a cheap costume. I put over $400 and put serious time into my outfit. Whether I succeeded in looking like an authentic Frau, I don't know, but failure was not for lack of taking my appearance seriously. The guy taking tickets at the gate complimented me on how festive I looked. I danced with the crowd in ways sort of like square dancing. And I waltzed with a gentleman. But I was not there for laughs and no one did at my expense. I was comfortable in petticoats, so comfortable that I stayed until they closed the evening. There is a photo on this forum to prove all this.

I would give serious thought to how it would affect my place in my community. I doubt it would affect my job or my reputation among my peers. If it may adversely affect my role as a grandfather figure to all the church children that I know and work with, I would not dress for this event.

My wife would be livid if she found out. And I would ignore her protests, as I often do.

BTWimRobin
04-27-2019, 05:26 AM
To help raise money for a good cause.... absolutely!

Teresa
04-27-2019, 05:42 AM
Robbie,
I wonder what sort of answer you would get if you asked the same question to a group of non-crossdressing men . They wouldn't care how good or bad their makeup looked , personally I feel we do need a sense of humour and be prepared to laugh at ourselves , CDing isn't all doom and gloom , there is a great deal of fun to be had .

It's a shame so many replies would be dictated what other people thought and not the charity cause . To be given the chance to fund raise is very special , it's a wonderful feeling to see the collection bucket emptied and the donations counted up . My group were so grateful to be handed a lovely thankyou message from the local Air ambulance operators . I'm all for doing the next one .

susan54
04-27-2019, 05:44 AM
I have done it. Wore skirt and top but no other additions and raised quite a bit for charity. Took a long time for them to abandon the teasing though.

Georgina
04-27-2019, 07:16 AM
I would do it. At my age I am not going to do power events or dangerous activities so something that might embarrass me (or not) is fine.

NancySue
04-27-2019, 07:55 AM
Yes. Recently, there was a vaudeville fundraiser and six of us dressed and did a dance to the old song “A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody”. At first, the plan was to look funny, but the director thought our skit would be better if we did our best to look as feminine as possible. She hired a professional makeup artist for our makeovers, which was very enjoyable. Of course, they didn’t need to twist my arm. It was the first time I wore false eyelashes. They looked good, but..what a pain to put on. Two of the guys wouldn’t shave their legs. The rest of us did. Of course, I wore my forms, my waist cincher and hip pads. We stayed dressed for the post show party. A delightful evening, it was.

DMichele
04-27-2019, 08:36 AM
Robbie,
Around 1990 I declined a role to play Marlene Dietrich in a church fund raiser. The person (GG)who took the role lipped sang one of her songs. Three males did impersonate the Andrew sisters in the musical.

Today I would accept the challenge to play a similar role. I do not regret turning down the role as I was involved in a building committee at the time, which consumed a great deal of my time.

Courtney_29
04-27-2019, 09:53 AM
yea I'm another one who would love this! would be over the moon to do something like that. i love all the frills and everything ☺️

- - - Updated - - -

my SO right now would probably do it for fun with me lol, she doesn't mind it.

Robbiegirl
04-27-2019, 10:13 AM
NancyTO where did you get all those fun dresses ?

Especially liked this one

Angie G
04-27-2019, 10:18 AM
Hell yes in a New York in a New York minute. :hugs:
Angie

Sallee
04-27-2019, 10:38 AM
I can only wish that would happen. Square dancing I don't think so

Beverley Sims
04-27-2019, 10:50 AM
I have dressed up on several occasions., it is part of what I do.

Stephanie47
04-27-2019, 11:06 AM
When I was growing up there was never anything at school or church where boys dressed up as girls. I never encountered anything close to being dressed as a girl by any female kids my age. I would probably have puked at the suggestion. When puberty set in and my interest in women's attire arose I think I would have not donned any female clothes to be seen in public. That was a time when I was not secure in my sexuality because any guy who wore women's clothing was deemed to be a homosexual which, at the time, opened a guy up to discrimination and worse.

Although I am secure in my sexuality and recognize cross dressing is a normal part of my inner self, I would decline just for that reason. I never joined a fraternity in college because of the hazing that went on. I would never do anything to demean myself. Having visions of myself prancing around in a frilly square dance outfit just seems to conflict with my inner female.

As a sidebar to this thread my father-in-law went to a Halloween party at the local Eagle's club with is girlfriend as a woman. I saw him. He definitely looked like a guy in a dress. He was having a blast. His girlfriend was having a blast. It was a total goof for him. I take my desire to emulate a woman too seriously. Acting goofy would be contrary to acting womanly. I'd be totally onboard with appearing as a normal woman and wearing attire appropriate for the event. I just have visions of laughter from the audience. As on response indicated some of the guys would not have their legs. A guy prancing around in a square dance outfit with hairy arms and legs and unshaven face next to a guy with a serious attempt to emulate a woman just seems wrong for a serious cross dresser.

I've viewed many of the Youtube pictures and videos of girls who have made up their boyfriends into prom queens, etc. The guys look great. But, there are also those pictures of guys just plain goofing around which are nothing more than a lousy attempt at bad humor.

As to my wife? She would not approve of her husband ever appearing anytime or anywhere as a woman for any reason. It's not so much the clothes. It is the mindset involved.

JamieG
04-27-2019, 03:09 PM
Absolutely, yes. Some years ago, my wife and I performed in a drag show for charity. We performed a song by Christina Aguilera and Nelly. Mimicking the video, I wore a flapper dress and she wore a zoot suit. I was really nervous, but the crowd was super supportive. In the end I was so happy that I did it.

Jamie

Taylor186
04-27-2019, 04:01 PM
If it was a glamour role or even glamour drag I would. If it was camp or for a joke/laugh, I would not.

Bobbi46
04-27-2019, 04:24 PM
I nwould for sure charity do's are worthwhile things and sometging themed like our community, sure I would do it.

Susan Smokes
04-27-2019, 05:33 PM
Yes, I would do it.

Majella St Gerard
04-27-2019, 05:56 PM
I don't need a reason like that to dress, I'm not in hiding.
That said, I wouldn't be caught dead in a square dance dress. Definitely not my style. I'd do it but not in that dress.�� And definitely not in drag queen mode.

Confucius
04-27-2019, 07:25 PM
Growing up I had several opportunities to crossdress in school, including skits and a womanless beauty pageant. I was always afraid of volunteering. However one good friend and neighbor was in one of our womanless pageants. His mom went all out and I was so jealous of his beautiful outfit. Ever since then I have wished I could be dressed all glamorous in a womanless beauty pageant.

In the small towns around where I live there are womanless beauty pageants. Recently the police sheriff won the event. In my fantasy my wife volunteers me to be a contestant. So it isn't even my decision. In the fantasy the organizer emphasizes that this has to be the best womanless beauty pageant ever, and supervises the progress of the contestants. So my wife encourages me to go all out and helps me with all the details.

NancyTO
04-27-2019, 10:16 PM
NancyTO where did you get all those fun dresses ?

Especially liked this one

Hi Robbiegirl. Got all my dresses and most petticoats off Ebay.

Leslie Mary S
04-28-2019, 01:32 AM
I have already done it several time and would do it again at a wig drop. I do not have any photos from those times.

But this is my wife and I as models in a fashion show. I proudly can say that made her outfit, including the petticoats and fluffy shorts.
What looks like dust on her skirt is bead and sequence work on a black netting over-skirt in a fireworks design and American flag. I even did the bows on her shoes.

Pixie_94
04-28-2019, 01:46 AM
No, that would be like asking for a disaster to happen.

Leslie Mary S
04-28-2019, 01:57 AM
but that is what they want.

Asew
04-28-2019, 07:49 AM
I would do it. My wife would not let me if it was in our town but if it was downtown or a bit away probably would be ok but wonder why. And she would not want to wear one of those dresses for sure and more willing to dress as a guy but even then probably not.

Janice An
04-28-2019, 10:45 AM
I would in a heart beat. I'm wearing half of the outfit right now!!!!!!!!!!!!

alwayshave
04-28-2019, 10:51 AM
Robbie, I don't need a reason to dress up. Not a fan of that style, but I'd try it once. Who knows, could grow on me...

Jenny22
04-28-2019, 02:47 PM
This post sparked a recall. After WW11, my scout troop wanted to buy military tents and back pack frames from a Gov't surplus auction, but no money. One of the scout moms suggested raising the funds by charging a small fee (small town) for tickets to a fashion show where the scouts would be dressed as girls... clothing to be supplied by scout moms who also had daughters. The younger the scout, the younger he would be dressed. So, with some major encouragement by the scouting adults who said it would be OK and fun, the troop agreed, and over 20 boys put on the show. I got to wear my moms blue, one piece bathing suit and rubber swim cap. I remember being embarrassed when Mom put rolled up socks in the suit to give me boobs. The fashion show WAS fun. Everyone got a kick out of it, and we raised enough $$$ to buy what the troop wanted / needed.

t-girlxsophie
04-28-2019, 05:40 PM
As related here before I took part in a tg charity fashion show,where part of it was as Bride and it was to be one of the most wonderful experiences of my life

Sophie

Michelle1955
04-30-2019, 07:00 PM
Yes, I'd be totally onboard with appearing as a normal woman and wearing attire appropriate for the event. Provided a good cause I support.

docrobbysherry
04-30-2019, 07:53 PM
Why not? Obviously it's a charity I believe in! And, being a guy, I'd want to out do the other men in dresses.:daydreaming:

C'mon, Nancy, let's do this!:heehee:

Karmen
05-01-2019, 04:40 AM
I would do it in an instant. Charity event would be a great excuse to dress up. I'm not scared to show up dressed in front of others, but to admit that I'm a crossdresser.

MarinaTwelve200
05-01-2019, 05:15 AM
Of course, my Church had a Womanless beauty contest a couple years ago. Since I was not the ONLY guy there dressed up, I had no problems being dressed in public. However it was more a church "Fun event" rather than actual "Charity." ---our 80 year old retired preacher, won (The fix was in) ;)

I'd include a picture, but the photographer forgot to put the card in the camera.

SaraLin
05-01-2019, 05:45 AM
Ignoring the fact that my wife would probably veto the whole thing, I've only got two questions... "I don't have to actually try to dance, do I?" and "can I keep the dress?"

Vikky
05-01-2019, 11:04 AM
I do charity work so yes, I would for a good ‘respectable’ cause.

Years ago when I was in my 20s I worked in a big office and we had pretty wild and raucous Christmas parties and three of us dressed as the Three Degrees and mimed their songs. Can’t remember where the dress came from, but it was filled with a couple of balloons for effect.

On a similar theme, a few years ago I wrote on this Forum about a New Year party my wife I attend regularly (and still do). Usually there are about 6 or 7 couples, and we do a Murder Mystery. The girls often take guy parts and dress accordingly, so I suggested we all do a crossdressing Murder Mystery. Initially everyone agreed so my wife helped me get some female kit together, mid length grey skirt, blue blouse, very cheap wig, socks for boobs etc. Then the other guys backed out, but I went en femme anyway. Thoroughly enjoyed it, first time in public although no pretence of trying to be female. Now I don’t consider it to have been proper CDing and not full public.

Vikky

SueAnncd
05-02-2019, 10:28 AM
I have done it and it was wonderful, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. It was great fun and the bills that were stuffed in our bras went to a good cause.

Kate Jennings
05-09-2019, 04:38 PM
I have.

And I LOVED it!

HollyGreene
05-09-2019, 05:57 PM
I don't think my wife would be very keen, but I think I'd give it a go.
I volunteer as a technician at a local stage school and one year they wanted me to be in the "teachers' skit" as part of the Christmas show, dressed in white leotard, tights and tutu. I agreed to it, and even bought the costume, but it was pulled from the show, so it never happened.
I still occasionally get the costume out. I may be a fat lump, but somehow I feel more elegant in that costume.

Robbiegirl
05-11-2019, 10:13 AM
This post sparked a recall. After WW11, my scout troop wanted to buy military tents and back pack frames from a Gov't surplus auction, but no money. One of the scout moms suggested raising the funds by charging a small fee (small town) for tickets to a fashion show where the scouts would be dressed as girls... clothing to be supplied by scout moms who also had daughters. The younger the scout, the younger he would be dressed. So, with some major encouragement by the scouting adults who said it would be OK and fun, the troop agreed, and over 20 boys put on the show. I got to wear my moms blue, one piece bathing suit and rubber swim cap. I remember being embarrassed when Mom put rolled up socks in the suit to give me boobs. The fashion show WAS fun. Everyone got a kick out of it, and we raised enough $$$ to buy what the troop wanted / needed.

Love this story ! Were you wearing a skirted one piece swim suit ? Would love to hear what some of the outfits were. Were petticoats or babydoll nighties modeled ???