PDA

View Full Version : what hosiery do you like?

christine55
10-29-2004, 01:43 PM
I find that wearing good pantyhose versus cheap ones enhances my feeling feminine. I really like the smooth silky feeling. I have found the best values to be No Nonsense Barely There and Hanes Sheer Elegance to be the best values. What do you girls prefer?
http://myweb.cableone.net/rjoh2/redskirt.jpg

Julie
10-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Christine, I'm quite happy with the Pretty Polly range but I'm always seeing here the Hanes range being lauded so I might hunt some down to try.

Julie J

Jill
10-29-2004, 02:46 PM
I love almost all hosiery... but you're right, higher quality is dfeinitely better. I don't like no-nonsense because they seem to run so easily but I do like Leggs brand, hanes, and I really love Silkies. They are so durable, smooth and when they come out of the package, they smell so darn good.

Sweet Susan
10-29-2004, 02:56 PM
I wear hanes thigh highs almost exclusively, though I'm always willing to try another brand or style. Right now I'm wearing a brand i've never used before, and I like them fine, but I can't remember the name. Starts with a V, I believe they are the Target house brand, though I don't know. ANd I'm sure that they would not be considered "higher quaility."

Danielle1960
10-29-2004, 03:17 PM
I love it all. I just found a manufacturing outlet with in a couple of miles of my house! :D
Danielle

MistyCD
10-29-2004, 04:02 PM
For me, it's Pantyhose and or Tights. I usually wear No Nonsense sheer sandalfoot. I buy my tights at the local Walmart store.
Although lately I have also tried some fishnets that I bought at Macy's

Being over 6' tall, I could never get a good fit into stockings and garters as the stores never had my size and the ones they had only came up to my knees!!!!

Luv MistyCD

DonnaD
10-29-2004, 07:54 PM
Since pantyhose is all I seem to be able to wear and have worn them since I can remember I have found that L'eggs sheer endurance are simply the best non dept store brand around. They feel absolutely sumptuous when put on, and they look absolutely gorgeous once on, and the feel? well lets just say that if you like hosiery, you wont leave the house.

Donna....

Wenda
10-29-2004, 08:13 PM
I prefer thigh-highs to panty-hose. I like dark stockings. Mid-calf are great when you are wearing pants. wenda.

T-girlMichelle
10-29-2004, 08:15 PM
:D Every Girl has their favs as for me I always buy Leggs Shear Energy.

Fiona K
10-29-2004, 08:18 PM
Christine, I'm quite happy with the Pretty Polly range but I'm always seeing here the Hanes range being lauded so I might hunt some down to try.

Julie J

I'm with Julie on this one,
Pretty Polly are good but there are some new hold-ups from Marks & Spencer I can't wait to try!

Fiona

Amelie
10-29-2004, 08:43 PM
I like Cherokee brand tights from target, they are a nice dark black, and they don't fall down as easily as other brands I've tried. i don't have to tug at them to keep them up, especially when I go dancing, they stay up. They are cheap too. about 3.00 a pair,,,2.00 on sale.
Love Amelie

Stephanie Brooks
10-29-2004, 09:17 PM
(Gotta get through this purge time...)

Well, when I was wearing, I wore L'Eggs Shear Comfort for daily use. For special occasions, I wore Hanes. They used to have a line called Resilliance, but I believe they no longer make it. They were heavenly, and wore like iron.

Oh and Christine, I really enjoy your adorable photos! ;)

Stephanie Brooks
10-29-2004, 09:20 PM
L'Eggs Shear Comfort
Yeah, they're slasher pantyhose. It's Halloween, 'tis the season. Duh. That's L'Eggs Sheer Comfort. :p

carolynhcd
10-29-2004, 09:26 PM
I really like Calvin Klein pantyhose, especially the seasmless pantyhose, so that there is no line up over your thing. I like any kind of thigh highs and stockings.

Cathy Anne
10-29-2004, 09:46 PM
Hi Christine,

I usually buy Voodoo sheer to the waist or Levante sheer to the waist. I've not heard of Leggs and I'm not sure I can get them in Aust.

I particularly love the feel and look of pantihose which is shiny, like silk to touch and sheer to the waist. I don't like wearing stockings because I find them hard to control. But I am considering buying thigh highs

Hugs and kisses,
Cathy Anne

Stephanie Brooks
10-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Welcome Cathy Anne!

One key component to the real silky feel is spandex, whether generic or name brand such as Lycra. That tends to make the hosiery smoother, stretchier, and better able to stay up throughout the day. :)

Cami
10-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Well I really like thigh high's with a garter when I going for a more feminine look, but good old pantyhose are cool too. The pantyhose feel better and can be worn all day under my male work clothes but thigh high's dont cut it for the long haul. This may be a little strange but somtimes I wear low cut white panties under my hose.

Liz.Thomas
10-29-2004, 10:45 PM
Hi Ladies, new member here.

I got burned by a nasty timeout while attempting a post last time.

My favorite day to day pantyhose are Leggs Sheer Energy. They wear well, have excellent lycra content to hold us in and a great shine.

The other pantyhose in my collection and definelty my all time favorite is Wolford. I have 3 pairs at the momement - my favorite is the seamless Fatal 15...wow feels like skin. My second is another pair of Fatal tights w/ 50 denier I think and my last pair is a rare style called the StayHip - Wild !
they are VERY expensive, but if you can afford the luxury of between $20-$50 US I highly recommend them !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=53409&item=5335213116&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

I used to wear Hane Silk Reflections a bunch when I was super skinny, too bad they don't make them in Leggs style sizes. Great feel except I'm not a fan of visible panty's...I prefer the sheer to waist sheer toe in any brand.

I really want to try some European brands especially Falke, Aristoc, Gerbe and Pretty Polly.

What do you think of my choices ? Top notch ?

Liz

Sharon
10-30-2004, 01:13 AM
I only buy sheer hose, no panty or support, although I could use the constriction :) . I also like thigh highs in every color I can locate. Love the tiny bit of flesh between the silk and panties, both on others and my own legs. :D

JanelleinNylons
10-30-2004, 03:54 AM
ohhhh my favorite subject :D

for me my absolute favorite are Berkshire ultra sheer, the legs are 100% nylon, non-control top sandle foot. My second favorite are Hanes absolutely ultra sheer, same style and nude to light tan colors. One of my favorite colors is called candlelight, they have a shimmery effect when the light hits them :D Another stlye I simply love are ones with reinforced toes, something about the dark strip at the end of the toes makes me go ga-ga lol I feel they have a nostalgic look and elegance to them as well. I also love the way ultra sheers make that swish swish sound when walking or crossing your legs......okay, now see what you gals have done to me, Im getting all excited and can't shut up now hehehehe. Oh and I remember a brand called Round the Clock which made some pretty nice ultra sheers as well... ok, must shut up now for a bit and go admire my legs in some Berkshire ultra sheer nudes in front of the mirror oh yes hhehehe :p

Alayna
10-30-2004, 04:25 AM
I like Victoria's Secret (but too expensive) and Hanes silk reflections normally, but recently I've been buying a lot of Vasarette's - you know, the ones in the brightly colored packages with hot women on the front:p . They're pretty durable and the green packages usually have something fun like swiss-dot patterns or fishnets and other things that are pretty but not gawdy. I've also fell in love with Gap low-rise tights! Tired of yanking up your pantyhose band to your neck? Try 'em:D

jill_cd_girl
10-30-2004, 04:36 AM
OOoooh boy do I LOVE hose (esp. pantyhose!). The brand I usually get is Leggs, since it's convenient. As for the higher end stuff, I LOVE HUE. I also like Jones NY.

I look for a smooth look and somewhere in the middle denier (betwen sheer and opaque). Some cheap brands tend to have a clumping together of the fibers, which disrupts the sort of 'smooth' shading of the leg, leaving bits of 'darker' spots.

christine55
10-30-2004, 05:04 AM
You should post some more pics
Hugs Christine

Sandra H
10-30-2004, 05:52 AM
I LOVE tights (pantyhose) I have been wearing them everyday for the past 20 plus years, even under my male cloths.

I wear mostly tights as I find them more comfortable, but like most women I will wear either stockings or hold ups when I want to feel special or when it is too hot for tights. My choice depends on the season. During the spring and summer I wear 10 to 15 denier tights, which are sheer to waist. During the colder months I wear opaque 50 denier tights. I like these because I do not need to wear socks with them when I am dressed drab. But even when I wear summer tights I wear knee-highs as socks. All my tights or stockings have Lycra in them, as they seem to fit better and have a nice sheen to them.

As for brands, well, Pretty Polly Nylons, Italia Aristoc are my favourite but M&S also have some nice stockings and hold ups.

Julie
10-30-2004, 07:12 AM

Liz

Welcome Liz, it's nice to have you in our midst.

Julie J

Sophie Yeats
10-30-2004, 10:36 AM
Anything and everything usuall. Woolfords are quite possible the bees knees.
Although I have a pair of opaque black tights from the Sock Shop that are just to die for and they where very cheap. So it just goes to show you don't have to pay a high price for quality.

I don't wear stockings that much. Being overweight makes it very difficult to buy lingerie :(

- Sophie xXx

Mn.Marilyn
10-30-2004, 01:17 PM
My favorite panty hose is the J.C. Penny brand of hose. They come in a wide range of sizes and they wear very well. They feel silky against my skin and I love to run my hand against them. Price is good at $5.00 a pair, cheaper if you watch for sales.

Amelie
10-30-2004, 03:54 PM
Has any one here tried Leggs "no hose" capri style tights. They are sort of 80's Maddnna stlye. I kinda like them, I don't see many girls wearing them, I just wondered if any one here tried them.
Love Amelie

sissy stacy
10-30-2004, 05:07 PM
(curtsey)

Must agree on the Vassarette, but I do not buy the pantihose.

Being a retro-girl, it is strictly garter stockings for me. I have found the Vassarette to be the most durable. Parklane used to have some decent ones, I would just ask the salesgirl for something that would hold up. I have never gotten a cross-eyed look from one of the girls when I bought. I would just go in there like I knew what I was doing and was supposed to be doing it and ask for some durable garter stockings. They have even been honest with me about certtain ones that were delicate. I have not been in a Parklane in a while since the Vassarette seems to be available everywhere. They also come in different colours and seamed and no seams.

(curtsey)

--sissy s.

black leotards
10-30-2004, 09:09 PM
;)

My favorites are 100 to 150 denier tights. There are some really nice soft ones made in Europe. Not cheap at about C$15-25 a pair, but great for fall and winter wear -- femme or drab! :)

Marlene4a
10-30-2004, 11:12 PM
I have been using the thigh high "Vanessa". A little pricey, but well worth it.

These come in the shaded black ( and other shades of course) seemed as well as unseemed. I have both and love wearing them, especially the thigh highs.

alicia1936
10-30-2004, 11:40 PM
I usually wear thigh highs as pantyhose never seem to fit
quite right, but on ocassion I will wear panty hose.
Sandra mentioned in her message, in the last paragraph
3 different brands I haven't heard of, one of which was
pretty polly.
Does anyone know if these are available in the states and
if so, what store.

Luv Alicia1936 :)

TVCherii
10-31-2004, 07:36 PM
You have to try Charnos or Pretty Polly brand.. They are the best and glossy in light.. I absolutely love them!!
These are purchased from overseas that I buy mail order.
I think if you try them you girls will love them..

Cherii

Sandra H
10-31-2004, 07:46 PM
Sandra mentioned in her message, in the last paragraph
3 different brands I haven't heard of, one of which was
pretty polly.
Does anyone know if these are available in the states and
if so, what store.

Luv Alicia1936 :)

Hi Alicia.

Take a look at http://www.mytights.com/ they are a UK store, but have a USA web site. Here you can buy all brands including Pretty Polly and pay in us$. I hope this is of help.

alicia1936
10-31-2004, 08:08 PM
Sandra:
Thanks much. I appreciate the help.

Luv alicia1936

Jadeanne
10-31-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi all,

This is a very interesting thread.

Most of the time when I dress femme, I'm a garter girl and so far my stockings have been Hanes Silk Reflections sandalfoot or National RHT that I have bought either online or from the Hanes outlet.

I have a few pairs of thigh highs and 2 pairs of designer pantyhose that my loving, supporting wife bought me at the Hanes outlet - black fishnets and white and pink floral. I also get an occasional pair of pantyhose from my wife when they get a run that shows. I use her discards to keep in practice for the special times I wear the designer ones.

I started dressing again 2 1/2 years ago at age 51 after stopping for 33 years. I plan to investigate other stockings and sources.

Thank you all for the information.

Jadeanne

Bobbie13
10-31-2004, 10:46 PM
I Love Wearing All Kinds Of Pantyhose & Stockings.right Now I'm Wearing Red Thigh Highs With My First Gater Belt In Years.it Is So Awesum!!got So Excited While Getting Dressed Tonight.also Shaved (nair)from Waist Down To Go Out For Halloween Dressed In A Dress With My G/f's 38-dd Bra & Red & Black Thongs.i'm So Hot Tonight!!

Michelle_CD
11-01-2004, 01:07 AM
What a great thread! I am such a pantyhose fan! They are the first female article of clothing I ever wore. Anyway, Leggs Sheer Energy have got to be my all-time favorite. They look and feel good, are easy to obtain, and like never run, for me. Leggs Silken Mist and Sheer Comfort are also favorites of mine. I've tried Hanes Silk Reflections, but they run too easily. JCPenny also has some good pantyhose. I haven't tried VS or Wolford, yet, but keep hearing about how good they are. Also, I forget who, but thanks for mentioning the Gap low-rise tights...I gotta try those!

Nothing beats a great pair of L'eggs!

Michelle

Sweet Susan
11-01-2004, 01:09 AM
Vassarette's! Bought my first pair the other day, and I really like them.

Marlene4a
11-01-2004, 01:24 AM
I like those myself Susan.

jill_cd_girl
11-01-2004, 04:33 AM
thanks for the nice compliment CHristine. I did post more pics but they're on my website. :)

Julie
11-01-2004, 05:55 AM
Jill, just checked out your site, nice pictures and superb legs.

Julie J

Tonia
11-01-2004, 08:55 AM
:D Every Girl has their favs as for me I always buy Leggs Shear Energy.
You go Michelle
Leggs all the way Shear Energy Just about any color my Favorite Suntan and of course a sheer panty. A few pic,of my leggs LOL :)
Tonia

Georgette
11-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Thigh Hi's Hanes or Victoria's secrets ;) ;) ;)
LOL Georgette

Be who you want to be not what others think you should be. :rolleyes:

JanelleinNylons
11-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Very cute pics Tonia, I really like the first one where you dont have shoes on....just my attraction for nylon covered feet I guess lol :D

Thankyou,
Janelle

Tonia
11-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Very cute pics Tonia, I really like the first one where you dont have shoes on....just my attraction for nylon covered feet I guess lol :D

Thankyou,
Janelle
Thank you Janellein:)

babe4life
11-02-2004, 09:21 AM
There are some lovely legs being displayed here! Wow! Tonia, I love that last phot with the boots and black skirt - lovely!

I haven't yet come up with a particular brand I prefer. We have so few on offer, that it doesn't really help to be too fussy unless one heads for the high class boutiques and then you can really pay out serious amounts of money. I tend to go for whatever is available on the shelf when I do my grocery shopping. Although with the heat here at the moment, they are well and truly packed away - no need to add more hot clothing :)

Love,
Vicky

Tristen Cox
11-02-2004, 07:19 PM
Not too picky myself but I do shop around for quality. For much the same reason as Vicky I don't wear them too often due to the heat. But I have quite the collection form legs avenue :D

T

Alicecd
11-02-2004, 07:51 PM
Personally I prefer thigh hi's myself. They are more comfortable and you do not have to worry about the crotch falling down around your knees. How to GG's keep them up I'll never know. I like the Dim brand as well as Secret Silks.

I love the looks and feel of them against my skin. No better feeling on freshly shaved legs. They also feel great under my drabs when I am at work.

Love Alice

Sandra H
11-03-2004, 03:04 AM
Personally I prefer thigh hi's myself. They are more comfortable and you do not have to worry about the crotch falling down around your knees. How to GG's keep them up I'll never know. I like the Dim brand as well as Secret Silks.

I love the looks and feel of them against my skin. No better feeling on freshly shaved legs. They also feel great under my drabs when I am at work.

Love Alice

Hi AliceCD.

If your pantyhose start of fitting rights around the crotch and as you wear them they start to fall down moving away from your crotch. Then you more than likely are buying the wrong size. What is happening is the leg part is too short for you and when you put them on you need to pull them up hard. But then as they start to move back to their normal stretch the gusset moves down.

Try getting a larger size and then you can enjoy the lovely feeling of well fitting pantyhose. I only want to offer a little help. because you have such sexy legs, they are GREAT.

Tonia
11-03-2004, 04:10 PM
There are some lovely legs being displayed here! Wow! Tonia, I love that last phot with the boots and black skirt - lovely!

I haven't yet come up with a particular brand I prefer. We have so few on offer, that it doesn't really help to be too fussy unless one heads for the high class boutiques and then you can really pay out serious amounts of money. I tend to go for whatever is available on the shelf when I do my grocery shopping. Although with the heat here at the moment, they are well and truly packed away - no need to add more hot clothing :)

Love,
Vicky
The black boots are from Lane Bryant $39.00 on sale a 2 inch Heel and swade..

Tonia

chocolateboygirl
11-03-2004, 04:22 PM

I got burned by a nasty timeout while attempting a post last time.

My favorite day to day pantyhose are Leggs Sheer Energy. They wear well, have excellent lycra content to hold us in and a great shine.

The other pantyhose in my collection and definelty my all time favorite is Wolford. I have 3 pairs at the momement - my favorite is the seamless Fatal 15...wow feels like skin. My second is another pair of Fatal tights w/ 50 denier I think and my last pair is a rare style called the StayHip - Wild !
they are VERY expensive, but if you can afford the luxury of between $20-$50 US I highly recommend them !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=53409&item=5335213116&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW#ebayphotohosting

I used to wear Hane Silk Reflections a bunch when I was super skinny, too bad they don't make them in Leggs style sizes. Great feel except I'm not a fan of visible panty's...I prefer the sheer to waist sheer toe in any brand.

I really want to try some European brands especially Falke, Aristoc, Gerbe and Pretty Polly.

What do you think of my choices ? Top notch ?

Liz

Wolfords ROCK!!! Too bad they're so expensive and hard to get! I actually went to the Wolfords store in SOHO. I didn't know the procedure, so I opened up one of the drawers and started rifling through the packages. A saleslady came up and gently told me that she would serve me. I picked a pair out and she looked at me and said "These will look very nice on you". It gave me a warm fuzzy feeling inside! That would NEVER happen in my hometown!!

cbg

flicka
11-03-2004, 04:28 PM
I abhor pantihose. Stockings, stockings, stockings, for me! Voodoo stay-ups for preference, which feel exquisite on newly shaven legs. Otherwise fine denier stockings with a nice lacy garter belt. Oh, incidentally, the knickers OVER the garter belt. You never know, you may want to get them off in a hurry!

jessicadiane
11-04-2004, 12:24 AM
I enjoy the silky smoothness of Hanes Fitting Pretty as well as the comfort and durability of Silkies brand. But I also wear Just My Size pantyhose. I have more pantyhose than anything else in my wardrobe. I mostly wear darker shades like Coffee shades as well as suntan varieties. :)

emmacduk
11-05-2004, 06:26 PM
I Love Stockings The Feeling You Get When You Walk in a Skirt Is So Great And I LOVE the Look of my LEGS and Seam Stockings are so sexy If you get them right the Look is WOW

Julie
11-05-2004, 06:49 PM
Welcome Emma, good to have someone else from this side of the water.

Julie J

Chrissycd
11-05-2004, 10:36 PM
is my newest star website for exceptional, fine hosiery, but you need to be willing to open your purse up wide, girls. :p
(Note one 'g' in the site address.)
Chrissy