PDA

View Full Version : Glad For My Accepting Son

Asew
04-29-2019, 10:28 AM
On Sunday my wife said I could go running after she dyed her hair. So I changed into my running skirt and worked on cleaning around the house. Around 11am she told me to go running since she wasn't going to get to her hair until after lunch. As I was heading out the kids started acting up so she joked "you have to take one of these kids with you". Well my youngest son (elementary school) pipes up and says he will go running with me. So I told him to get ready (socks and sweatshirt) and my wife said "oh you don't have to go" to the kid. But my kid didn't care about the skirt and insisted on going. We took a dog with us and went hiking on the trails with small bursts of running and several stops on "cardiac hill" for about 30 minutes total. Totally worth it to trade my run for a hike with my kid :)

It was my first outing with one of the kids in a skirt (besides Halloween) and it was his choice. It just makes me feel accepted for who I am. And this is why I wanted to tell my kids sooner than later, since I feel at a younger age that it seems a little more normal. There are plenty of threads about telling your kids and whether or not it is a good idea, and I think for me it was the perfect choice for us to tell them. This day proved to me I made the right choice.

docrobbysherry
04-29-2019, 11:28 AM
Asew, u R LUCKY!:thumbsup:

My live in, adult daughter is NOT accepting. But, I'm still glad to have her!:hugs:

Lydianne
04-29-2019, 12:40 PM
Credit to your accepting son!

I'm not sure how much is luck, but I am sure that a lot of it is your parenting - being more resonant than the bad influences.

I hope everything continues to work out because there could conceivably be some testing times in the future. Hopefully not though.

- Lydianne.

Teresa
04-29-2019, 02:15 PM
Asew,
That is a lovely story .

My son ( much older ) isn't on board but I'd love to show everyone the picture of me as Teresa playing with my granddaughter ( aged 6 ). I hope my daughter will have it printed in the new picture album at Xmas .

RADER
04-29-2019, 03:22 PM
You are very fortunate to have a son and wife like that.
Rader

Lana Mae
04-29-2019, 03:37 PM
I came out to both of my children when they were in their 30's! Of course I was in my 60's! They both said, "Whatever makes you happy, dad!" My daughter helps me when I need it, like zippers and checking that things are right! My son is an hour away and there is not much contact at this time!
As long as your children do not get teased or bullied about it, it is fine! Best wishes! Hugs Lana Mae

alwayshave
04-29-2019, 07:53 PM
Asew, what a wonderful story. Your son is a credit to you and your wife.

Crissy 107
04-29-2019, 09:30 PM
Asew, That is absolutely an awesome story, I just love it!

KitCat
04-30-2019, 06:42 AM
Great that you can hike and run with your kids. Wish i knew which hill was cardiac hill i could use the work out myself

Beverley Sims
05-08-2019, 04:49 AM
The more you show yourself off to the family the quicker they accept it as normal behaviour.

BTWimRobin
05-08-2019, 05:47 AM
Hi Asew,

It is so nice to have an accepting family. Very happy for you.

Robin