PDA

View Full Version : My shopping trip today

Jodi
03-23-2006, 09:19 PM
As I have said here before, I have made it a point to establish rapport with the SA's and managers in many of the stores where I routinely shop. I specifically went shopping today due to a card that I had gotten from the manager at the BCBG/Max Azaria store stating that the sale for special customers was to start on March 23. I called her yesterday and said that I would make the trip and would be in early just after they opened at 10:00 AM. She stated that she would not be in until the afternoon, but that Erin, the asst manager would be ready to help me. I went in drab. When I arrived at the store at around 10:15 AM, Erin greeted me and told me that Kara had already set up a fitting room for me with about 5 outfits that she thought I'd like. We walked around and broused a bit. I found a couple more items to take into the fitting room. When I went into the fitting room, I found a nice note from Kara with the outfits hoping that I'd like what she picked. When she set up the outfits, she put in shoes in my size to match each outfit.
I tried on for about an hour. With each outfit, Erin would come into the fitting room and check for fit and style. I ended up getting a nice black and white summer dress and a beautiful olive/gold/brown skirt with a matching top. I would have never attempted to match the skirt and top by myself, but they go perfectly together. She said in her note that she specifically put that outfit in the room to match my brown Prada bag. Overall, I was in the store for about 1.5 hours. The items I got were 60-70% off. I found two matching necklaces at the Guess store, both on sale. Then went to the Ninewest store. Lori, the manager wanted to see what I got. After seeing the skirt/top outfit, she walked over to the wall shelf and grabbed a shoe. She said, you want this for the outfit. It was a bronze open toe pump. Perfect for the outfit. I tried on the 9-1/2. Walked around a bit and they fit perfectly.

Not only was it a great shopping trip, but I was able to take Lori to lunch before I headed home. Great to sit at lunch with a great lady and talk fashion and shoes.

Now, can anyone have this much fun shopping from the net or buying from e-bay.

Jodi

Adrienne Heels
03-23-2006, 11:06 PM
Sounds like you had a great time, Jodi. I think it's great that you have developed relationships with all those stores. Do you only shop in stores with female salespeople? I get intimidated by dealing with men for womens shoes, etc.

Karyn

Jodi
03-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Karen, The two people working the BCBG store that day were Erin and the SA, Jim. Jim is a college wrestler, and he just enjoys outfitting women. I had met Jim before. When I walked in, he greeted me by name, shook my hand, smiled and said Erin has already claimed you for today as a customer. Had Erin not been there, Jim would have assisted me. He has no problem with it.

I also shop in several shoe stores where the SA's are men. No problem.

Jodi

Jennaie
03-24-2006, 10:58 PM
Jodi:

What a great time. I hope to have that kind of relationship with the stores someday. The only store I currently have that kind of relationship with now is my favorite backpacking store. When I call them it does not matter who answers the phone, they immediately know my voice. How wonderful it would be to have that kind of relationship with a womens clothing store.

Wenda
03-24-2006, 11:58 PM
Wow!!!!