PDA

View Full Version : Might be d0ing something right

RachelB.
05-22-2019, 06:51 AM
Another work week started as usual and this week I was off on a week long business trip. I try to drive when I can and drive dressed to blend in. I was wearing a casual dress and sandals. As usual I found myself in need of a ladies room. I also needed fuel so I pulled into a travel center to take care of both. I parked and headed for the restrooms. It was incredibly busy for mid morning on a Monday. I went to the bathroom, washed my hands and was headed out to the main store area. As I was walking along a lady stepped in front of me looking at me intently. As I went to step around her she again cut me off. My heart stopped as I figured I was busted coming out of the women's restroom. I just looked back at her and she made my day. She said Marcie I don't believe you weren't going to speak. I guess I looked confused and she figured out I wasn't Marcie. I said " Sorry I'm not Marcie. My name is Rachel." She gushed her apology's and proceeded to walk me out to my truck. We talked as I pumped fuel and I bid her goodbye.

I realize she might have clocked me but I choose to believe I was honestly mistaken for her friend. We talked for about ten minutes and I left feeling great.

BTWimRobin
05-22-2019, 07:29 AM
Hi Rachel, From the sounds of it you have a female twin. Great story!!! Thanks for sharing!

Robin

RachelB.
05-22-2019, 12:46 PM
They say we all have a twin somewhere. It kind of freaked me out but she was a sweet lady and I enjoyed having someone to talk to while fueling up.

Crissy 107
05-22-2019, 02:47 PM
Rachel, That was really a very nice story and you are most likely still smiling, at least inside.

Eemz
05-22-2019, 03:07 PM
Ha ha just as well she checked or poor old Marcie would have got an earful later - "Marcie you total B you completely ignored me at the truck stop!!!" "what? i wasn't at the truck stop!" "of course you were, don't play dumb with me" ha ha

RADER
05-22-2019, 03:54 PM
Well, it sounds like a win-win situation, And you where the winner.
Looks like you had a great trip.
Rader

alwayshave
05-22-2019, 06:42 PM
Rachel, YOu're lucky, that could have easily gone another way.

BLUE ORCHID
05-23-2019, 02:24 PM
Hi Rachel :hugs:, I was starting to worry that this was not going to end well for you,

I thought that she was the Bathroom Police, But all's well at ends well. >Orchid ...:daydreaming:...

Angie G
05-23-2019, 03:13 PM
Cool story Rachel. :hugs:
Angie

Patience
05-26-2019, 09:02 AM
You must have a very convincing fem voice.

Glad you had a positive outcome.

Beverley Sims
05-28-2019, 12:55 AM
A similar thing has happened to me, I have been waylaid by other people who want to engage in conversation for whatever reason they choose.

I am always polite and pleasant but it does put me on edge, are they checking me out?

RachelB.
06-03-2019, 03:44 PM
I don't think I have a very good fem voice at all. It definitely put me on edge and I was glad to get in the truck and get out of there. I am sure she had to know but just chose to be polite. Maybe she was just lonely.