PDA

View Full Version : Photo Ops?

Sweet Susan
10-29-2004, 03:17 PM
I've just spent the last hour and a half taking pictures. I use a Canon AE-1 with a timer and flash, and I've been trying to learn to get good with my new Sony digital. The digital, of course, is much more convenient, but the Canon takes fantastic pictures, but the draw backs about development are significant.

My question is how do any of you take your pictures. Does your significant other participate? How do you handle development, if necessary? Have any of you "lost" your pictures when you took them in to be developed? What kind of camera do you use? Do you prefer an SLR, or have you become digitized.

I've had some odd experiences getting pictures developed. One time I took some negatives in for retakes of some great shots that I wanted to send around, this was before the internet was in my house and/or I had a method to scan. Anyway, when I went to pick them up, they had been lost. They wanted me to fill out a report so they could find them, but no way was I gonna do that. Another time I mailed some in and got them back with an ugly note from somebody. It was along the lines of the middle finger coupled with faggot. Another time when I went to the supermarket to pick up my pics, I was dressed as Susan, two men walked up to me and wanted to flirt. Should have seen their faces when I spoke. And lastly, another time when I was in the same supermarket picking up my photos, the girl at the photo department had held my pictures so I would have to ask for them instead of just picking them up in their pick up box. When I told her the name, she went to get them, and then pulled them out of the envelope and began looking at them, "to make sure they are all okay," she said. I told her to stop, and she looked at me very sharply and said, "don't be bringing in this trash to our store again." I was dressed in my male mode. I asked for my pics, she gave them to me, and then I gave her my bitch side. I think her jaw is still on the floor.

babe4life
10-29-2004, 03:32 PM
Hi Susan,

What horrid experiences! Ugh. How can people be like that!?

I converted to digital some time ago. I have a Pentax Optio camera that gives incredibly good digital pictures and, if I really wanted to, I could have them put on photo paper too, the quality is that good.

A tripod completes the picture for me. The only thing that I would prefer is the remote control accessory that one can buy so that I don't have to rely on getting into position so quickly when I push the little button ;). Yup, I am a DIY self-portrait photographer. LOL

Love,
Vicky

Marianne
10-29-2004, 04:12 PM
All digital for cd pics for me.

Most of the pics I've posted of me were taken with a high end Creative Labs web cam, the remainder with an Olympus digital cam that's a couple-three years old.

I'd bought the ex-wife a high end digital cam as well as a pocket sized digital camcorder last year, but she kept those.

At some point I'd like to get a new digital camera, possibly a Canon Digital Rebel, but finances don't allow it at the moment.