PDA

View Full Version : OH Teresa , you are stuck up !!

Teresa
05-25-2019, 11:49 AM
Some may have read my thread in the clothing section about wearing women's workwear well I'm beginning to think it wasn't such a good idea .

I hope you all enjoy this slapstick story .

I finished off lining the walls of my room yesterday so I decided to give them a coat of emulsion paint today , I've been wearing my Dickies female work trousers ( which I admit are very comfortable ) and my femme work boots . I was just finsihing off the first coat of paint and stepping back off the stepladder when I put my foot in a bucket , I thought it was one of the empty ones so didn't take much notice. After a few moments I noticed sticky footprints all over the floor , so obviously I was wrong in assuming the bucket was empty it was half full of wallpaper paste and my right workboot was well covered in paste ! Luckily the boots are washable , it really was a slapstick moment and I couldn't help laughing at myself ! I've never been called stuck up before , I well and truly am now !

Sallee
05-25-2019, 11:56 AM
photos or better yet a video would be classic

Teresa
05-25-2019, 11:59 AM
Sallee,
Not my first thought , I was more concerned about cleaning up the paste before me or my boots became a permanent fixture in the room ! As it was the dog had also decided to have a paddle through the mess as well !!

Macey
05-25-2019, 12:29 PM
Did you hose off the poor pooch as well?

Allisa
05-25-2019, 12:48 PM
That's the type of stick-to-it-ness you Brits are known for, jumping in feet first. Sorry I just had to say something, I know there are a lot of puns out there about this but I can't think of any right now.

abbiedrake
05-25-2019, 12:56 PM
"Are you ill Teresa? You're pasty pale." etc

I'm trying to picture Frank Spencer in drag. 🤣

kayegirl
05-25-2019, 04:50 PM
Teresa with all of that paste on your feet, shouldn't it be stuck down?

Jodie_Lynn
05-25-2019, 05:27 PM
Did you hear about poor Teresa?

She kicked the bucket.

Did you hear what Teresa did? She really put her foot in it this time.

I can keep this up all day.
And I will, unless I'm paid 1 million dollars. In small bills.

...or nickels.

Allisa
05-25-2019, 05:44 PM
One more thing to cross off your "bucket" list.

LydiaL
05-25-2019, 07:46 PM
It is the glue that binds us to our best friends!

Jean 103
05-25-2019, 08:18 PM
Hopefully the wallpaper is stuck up!!

Love Jean

Crissy 107
05-25-2019, 08:46 PM
I hate to see you stuck in such a situation.

BTWimRobin
05-26-2019, 05:21 AM
That's too funny. You've been watching too many Three Stooges reruns.

Patience
05-26-2019, 07:47 AM
I see the English tradition of comedic wallpapering* is alive and well. Having a CDer doing the papering is a new twist.

Congrats on your newly pa(m)pered room(s), as well as your comedy breakthrough.

* as shown in the britcoms Are You Being Served and Cowboys.

Teresa
05-26-2019, 10:01 AM
Thanks everyone for sharing the fun , maybe some members would like to add any slapstick accidents of their own .

April Rose
05-26-2019, 10:05 AM
I did that once, Teresa, but it was Paint. It wasn't an easy clean up.

Then again, there was the time when I was kid on my uncles farm, and jumped off a stone wall into what I thought was a pile of dirt. I found out it wasn't when I was up to my waist in it.:doh:

Hey, maybe we should have a sticky called the "stepped in it deeper than you" thread!

CONSUELO
05-26-2019, 11:49 AM
I know a person who was painting a wall and had a can of paint on top of the ladder. They needed to move to a new section of wall so came down the ladder, completely forgot about the paint can and attempted to move the ladder. The can of paint tipped over and landed on the person's head. Now that was really a slapstick moment.

Helen_Highwater
05-26-2019, 12:36 PM
Some may have read my thread in the clothing section about wearing women's workwear well I'm beginning to think it wasn't such a good idea .

I finished off lining the walls of my room yesterday

Cross-lining of course! Were the seams straight?

kimdl93
05-26-2019, 07:24 PM
Teresa, I’m glad it was paste and not paint!

Beverley Sims
05-28-2019, 01:11 AM
Wallpaper paste can be messy at times.

Just don't spill it on the carpet.:-)

alwayshave
05-28-2019, 05:15 AM
Teresa, Sounds like a sticky situation to me.