PDA

View Full Version : Prom, Maid of Honor, and new birth certificate!

Ceera
06-04-2019, 03:42 PM
Wow! What a weekend I've had!

On Saturday, 6/1, I attended a "Prom Do-Over" ladies' dance, hosted by the women's dance group that I get together with twice a month. 30 or 40 women, mostly lesbians, dancing to 70's and 80's prom-type music! I got to wear two fancy dresses that night. The first was a black, sleeveless evening gown with a deeply plunging V neckline. I only own a couple of bras that are low enough in the center, as in v-cut nearly to the band, to not show under that dress! The second was a black lace top, black slip, and royal blue velvet ankle-length skirt. I had a really nice time.

On Sunday, 6/2, my daughter and I went to Portland to attend a niece's wedding. This niece was the only daughter of one of my late wife's sisters. In the invitation, it had said she wanted me to be a witness at her small garden ceremony, and that there would be a larger reception after that, in a nearby park. When I arrived, I found out from the bride that she actually wanted me to be her Maid of Honor! I was thrilled to accept! At the ceremony, and at the reception, everyone accepted my being female, including a few who knew me as a male before I transitioned, and who had not, to the best of my knowledge, been aware I was now a woman! The ones who knew me before were just like, “Hey! It’s been a while since we saw each other. How are you doing?” It was, literally, as if I had always been female to them. Even when potentially awkward moments came up, like explaining to new people that my relationship to the bride was that I am her aunt, by way if having been married to her mom’s little sister, they never balked. (There was at least one married lesbian couple among the guests.) My family and their friends are such wonderful people!

And to cap it off, on Monday, after spending the night at my sister in law's home, I went to the vital records office in the county I was born in, and requested the amendments be made to my birth certificate to reflect my female gender and new female name! I was in and out in 25 minutes flat, and they said that the new certified copies, which will be mailed to me in 2-3 weeks, will not even reference my previous name or gender! The old version and my court order for the change will go into a sealed record.

Such a great weekend!

(Will add photos later - waiting for the photographers at each event to get them to me.)

Elizabeth G
06-04-2019, 04:46 PM
OMG Ceera! What an amazing weekend! I'm so happy for you and happy you have found this level of acceptance.

Congratulations on everything!

Elizabeth

Patience
06-04-2019, 04:54 PM
Pretty awesome! Glad you had a good time.

RADER
06-04-2019, 06:10 PM
I wish I could see that dress you mentioned. Sounds it was a win, win weekend.
Rader

Aunt Kelly
06-04-2019, 06:30 PM
Very happy for you, Ceera. <raises champagne flute> :)

Ceera
06-04-2019, 06:35 PM
Here is a pic of the sleeveless black dress with the plunging neckline. The lady with me is a friend who often attends these dances.

Selfie at least shows the lace top of the dress with the blue velvet skirt.

GracieRose
06-04-2019, 08:31 PM
You sure have been busy, Ceera. What a great weekend.

alwayshave
06-05-2019, 06:38 AM
Sounds like a wonderful weekend full of acceptance. Love the dress.

bridget thronton
06-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Great post and nice pictures

abbiedrake
06-05-2019, 08:40 AM
That's quite the trip, Ceera!!

docrobbysherry
06-05-2019, 07:22 PM
Always a pleasure to read of your trans experiences, Ceera! I can't think of anyone who enjoys life more than u!:D

Kandi Robbins
06-05-2019, 07:48 PM
That seems like the perfect trifecta! Congratulations on so many levels!!

Lana Mae
06-05-2019, 07:55 PM
Sounds fantastic! Congrats! Hugs Lana Mae

Ceera
07-15-2019, 12:31 PM
Finally got a photo of the dress with the blue velvet skirt!

abbiedrake
07-15-2019, 06:05 PM
Very nice. Love those shoes too. You look lovely, happy, and content. Go you, Ceera