PDA

View Full Version : How many older far sighted wear women's watch even if it can't be read?

barbie lanai
03-24-2006, 03:25 PM
I find myself wearing a tiny woman's watch. But can't see the hands or dots where number would be without my reading glasses. Guess I wear it because I like the thin band. And being retired, find I don't need to know the time nearly as much anyway.

So is it style or function for you other seasoned girls?

Julie Avery
03-24-2006, 03:27 PM
To me it's 99% fashion accessory. I've even worn one with a dead battery around the house, lol.

GypsyKaren
03-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Guilty! I found a small pink watch with a butterfly on it, that's my symbol. It's cute as can be, I love wearing it, but I sure can't read it. Oh, how vain am I?

Karen

sherri
03-24-2006, 05:04 PM
I'm so guilty of that. Lol. And of Julie's dead battery thing.

By the way, I can't believe you're retirement age. You look fabulous.

christine55
03-24-2006, 06:14 PM
I hope no one looks at my watch too closely when I am out unless it is 7:20.
Hugs, Christine

Annaliese
03-24-2006, 06:17 PM
I find myself wearing a tiny woman's watch. But can't see the hands or dots where number would be without my reading glasses. Guess I wear it because I like the thin band. And being retired, find I don't need to know the time nearly as much anyway.

So is it style or function for you other seasoned girls?

It is style, and I ware it all the time drab or dressed.

Anna

Diannna
03-25-2006, 04:36 PM
Funny! I have several feminine watches I wear from time to time. Although I usually have to buy two of the same kind. While I don't have overly large wrist, the womens watches are a bit tight. So I buy a second one so I can take a couple links off of one to make the other fit a little loose. I usually have to do that to any of the braclets I like also.

Julie Avery
03-25-2006, 05:21 PM
While I don't have overly large wrist, the womens watches are a bit tight.

Tell me about it!

I wonder if a pricier band might be more elastic?

HaleyPink2000
03-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Yeah ok, Guilty as charged. Yes I wear a watch. It does run though and the battery is not dead. I can read it as I wear my glasses most of the time. Or I wear another watch I have that has a larger dial. Yes, both are Femme watches.

Sally24
03-26-2006, 04:46 PM
I wear an old wind-up timex, just like the ones popular when I was growing up. I also carry a pair of reading glasses in my purse. I like my eyes to show so I don't wear bifocals and wear green contact lenses. They work well for driving and distance but not up close. Menus are also a problem but genetic girls also have the same concerns, style and beauty. If you have great eyes, don't cover them up with glasses!